Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

The bogus pass interference call and the 2nd down play that should have been reviewed. Even ND fans, from what I've seen, are acknowledging that Taylor was likely in on that one. You seem to be the only person who is arguing that they didn't get the benefit of the calls.

I will say that from what I've seen of the replay, it was not conclusive enough to overturn regardless of which way it was originally called.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why throw when you scored running the ball in?

How would they know the refs would make up a call on 4th down. Eventhough he was never down game over! Nothing to see here folks!

I cant really fault Stanford when the runner scored, hell they possibly scored on 2 out of 4 downs. Why would they not run?

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 14, 2012 -> 07:15 PM)
I will say that from what I've seen of the replay, it was not conclusive enough to overturn regardless of which way it was originally called.

The fact they didn't review it was the most puzzling call of the game, as I pointed out as soon as it happened. That's a play you see reviewed 100% of the time.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 14, 2012 -> 07:17 PM)

How would they know the refs would make up a call on 4th down. Eventhough he was never down game over! Nothing to see here folks!

I cant really fault Stanford when the runner scored, hell they possibly scored on 2 out of 4 downs. Why would they not run?

Nunes isn't exactly trustworthy anyways. That guy short-armed easy throws all game.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 14, 2012 -> 01:17 PM)
The fact they didn't review it was the most puzzling call of the game, as I pointed out as soon as it happened. That's a play you see reviewed 100% of the time.

I almost thought they werent going to review the 4th down play. It didnt seem immediate.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 14, 2012 -> 07:14 PM)
Bogus pass interference call? You're really grasping at straws. Better hurry out to your local Target and buy some BYU gear before next Saturday.

BYU has no prayer vs them next week. It would be quite ironic if Kansas finds a way to knock out Landry Jones before the game in two weeks.

You're still assuming that he wasn't down. You can't see his knees.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 14, 2012 -> 07:22 PM)
Refs had different angles than the cameras. At least one of them saw a knee on the ground.

Didn't you just say that it's hard to make a call at ground level sometimes and it's much more clear 100 feet away?

Didn't you just say that it's hard to make a call at ground level sometimes and it's much more clear 100 feet away?

Sometimes it is, and sometimes it isn't. Sometimes the higher angle shows more and sometime a lower angle shows more. Depends on the play and where the officials are.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 14, 2012 -> 07:25 PM)
Sometimes it is, and sometimes it isn't. Sometimes the higher angle shows more and sometime a lower angle shows more. Depends on the play and where the officials are.

So only when it favors the team you root for :)

Kidding HHuskers, I'm done talking about that game. :cheers

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 14, 2012 -> 01:22 PM)
Refs had different angles than the cameras. At least one of them saw a knee on the ground.

The ref who signaled was the sideline ref. We get that camera angle. With super slow motion and zoom you cant see his knees, let alone from the sidelines.

He blew it.

The ref who signaled was the sideline ref. We get that camera angle. With super slow motion and zoom you cant see his knees, let alone from the sidelines.

He blew it.

The camera angle still isn't the same as what the ref had.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Oct 18, 2012 -> 07:19 AM)
So when did Indiana start becoming a football recruiting school... On the verge of landing about 4-5 four star defensive players. WOW. Most of them saying Crean is a huge part of their recruitment. Hilarious.

Sounds like the Gunner Kiel hype story again. Kevin Wilson is an offensive genius, not sure on the defensive side though.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 18, 2012 -> 11:40 AM)
Sounds like the Gunner Kiel hype story again. Kevin Wilson is an offensive genius, not sure on the defensive side though.

I think it's a little different than Gunner, as these kids are decommiting from big time programs to join the Hoosiers. Gunner mainly decommitted because his brother lost the starting job... Add in the fact that IU is actually showing some serious improvement, even if they are "moral" victories. We're putting up some monster offensive numbers, without our best player and QB in Tre Roberson. If they get some playmakers on defense, they could be pretty tough. Thing is, once Indiana turns the corner. I expect Wilson to be gone. Hearing right now that...

Kenny 4 star DE who decomitted from Iowa, Latham 4 star DT who decomitted from Wiscy, Daniel 4 star DE committed to Clemson, and Allen 4 star safety committed to IU... will all be at Hoosier Hysteria this weekend to make their commitments (if they haven't already).

Oregon was incredibly impressive tonight. I only watched the first half, but wow. ~350 rushing yards in one half? That's ridiculous.

I'm so excited that Tennessee is playing Oregon next year... On the real, though, I'm planning on going out to Oregon for that game. Even if we get destroyed, should be a fun trip.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Oct 18, 2012 -> 12:23 PM)
I think it's a little different than Gunner, as these kids are decommiting from big time programs to join the Hoosiers. Gunner mainly decommitted because his brother lost the starting job... Add in the fact that IU is actually showing some serious improvement, even if they are "moral" victories. We're putting up some monster offensive numbers, without our best player and QB in Tre Roberson. If they get some playmakers on defense, they could be pretty tough. Thing is, once Indiana turns the corner. I expect Wilson to be gone. Hearing right now that...

Kenny 4 star DE who decomitted from Iowa, Latham 4 star DT who decomitted from Wiscy, Daniel 4 star DE committed to Clemson, and Allen 4 star safety committed to IU... will all be at Hoosier Hysteria this weekend to make their commitments (if they haven't already).

Good luck with that. Usually when someone commits to Clemson, amazingly it holds up no matter what. I have no idea what is in the water up there, or what is in the bags, but something is.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Oct 19, 2012 -> 07:10 AM)
Good luck with that. Usually when someone commits to Clemson, amazingly it holds up no matter what. I have no idea what is in the water up there, or what is in the bags, but something is.

This will be his 3rd weekend in a row at IU. 4th in the last 5 weeks. Supposedly, their all making their commitments known this weekend. We shall see.

Edited by He_Gawn

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 18, 2012 -> 09:11 PM)
Oregon at Arizona St.

Oregon has 43 points...with 11:33 remaining in the SECOND QUARTER.

Holy f***.

And then they scored 0 points over the next 41:33. What the heck Chip Kelly? Next week's game vs. Colorado had the potential for triple digits, but sounds like Kelly doesn't play that running up the score game.