Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 08:03 PM)
A lot of it has to do with Ferentz being the guy that mainly handles their O Line.

They've had numerous dlinemen and lbers taken in the draft as well. Iowa has been a very very good program, especially when you factor in the lack of high ceiling prospects they are able to recruit.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 26, 2012 -> 03:40 PM)
They've had numerous dlinemen and lbers taken in the draft as well. Iowa has been a very very good program, especially when you factor in the lack of high ceiling prospects they are able to recruit.

Alot of good dline and you can sprinkle in a few skill positions as well. Its amazing.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 26, 2012 -> 09:44 PM)
Wow, Beckman and Illinois land a huge commit: 4* QB Aaron Bailey, #6 QB overall in the nation, one of the best Midwest prospects. That's huge.

Saw that coming weeks ago, I was hoping he would go to ILL.

Should have qualified that, instead of Nebraska.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 01:11 AM)
First round picks by school since 2008:

Alabama: 11

USC: 10

Florida: 6

Illinois: 5

Victories by school since 2007:

Alabama:55

USC: 50

Florida:50

Illinois: 31

I think those two stats say all you need to know about Ron Zook. :lol:

In case people are still interested in this program...

Notre Dame quarterback Tommy Rees has been arrested and jailed on a preliminary felony charge following a confrontation with officers who were trying to break up a house party off campus early Thursday, police said.

Rees, 19, was arrested on charges of resisting law enforcement, felony battery to law enforcement, minor consumption and public intoxication, according to police.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ May 4, 2012 -> 09:41 AM)
I'm sick and tired of Brian Kelly embarrassing my alma mater. This kind of s*** didn't happen when Lou Holtz was in charge.

I bet you it did and they were better at making it go away.

I bet you it did and they were better at making it go away.

I knew a lot of players and coaches, and no, it didn't happen.

The South Bend Police Department and St. Joe County prosecutor's office have never been on good terms with the University, so there is no chance of making anything just go away, then or now.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ May 4, 2012 -> 08:41 AM)
I'm sick and tired of Brian Kelly embarrassing my alma mater. This kind of s*** didn't happen when Lou Holtz was in charge.

How is this Brian Kelly's fault?

Did he tell the player to go get drunk and then attack cops?

I don't get how Brian Kelly is suppose to monitor the kids 24/7. This was at a party late at night.

How is this Brian Kelly's fault?

Did he tell the player to go get drunk and then attack cops?

I don't get how Brian Kelly is suppose to monitor the kids 24/7. This was at a party late at night.

The head coach sets the tone for a football program, and he can know as much about his players' whereabouts as he wants to. There are plenty of staff under Kelly to help him with this.

On two different occasions, I had classes with players and was paid $100 per semester to report on the players' class attendance. Don't tell me every school does that.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ May 4, 2012 -> 10:03 AM)
The head coach sets the tone for a football program, and he can know as much about his players' whereabouts as he wants to. There are plenty of staff under Kelly to help him with this.

On two different occasions, I had classes with players and was paid $100 per semester to report on the players' class attendance. Don't tell me every school does that.

Actually, I think it's pretty common for universities to monitor athletes' attendance like that.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ May 4, 2012 -> 10:03 AM)

That's 100% bulls***. Please describe your system where you'd be able to monitor the whereabouts and every action of every player on the team. I'd love to hear this. Tracking attendance is not even close to tracking their every movement.

He was drunk and attacked a cop. Kelly is a scumbag but this is not his fault. Now, if he doesn't punish him at all for it, then you can get on him.

That's 100% bulls***. Please describe your system where you'd be able to monitor the whereabouts and every action of every player on the team. I'd love to hear this. Tracking attendance is not even close to tracking their every movement.

He was drunk and attacked a cop. Kelly is a scumbag but this is not his fault. Now, if he doesn't punish him at all for it, then you can get on him.

South Bend isn't a huge place. It isn't hard to know where all of the potential trouble spots are. Now if guys are going to get creative and head out of the city to the middle of nowhere, then no, the coaching staff won't know where they are, but this party was on a street where most of the big off-campus parties occur. Not hard for the coaching staff to know who is and isn't there.

A trouble spot could be anywhere there's people and alcohol. So yeah, kind of hard to know where ALL of that would be.

Should coach Kelly have people walking house to house, seeing if guys are there, and pulling them out? Every single night, for every single party?

Kids have to take responsibility for their own actions. He's not 6 years old. Now it's on Kelly to hand out proper punishment.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ May 4, 2012 -> 12:51 PM)
South Bend isn't a huge place. It isn't hard to know where all of the potential trouble spots are. Now if guys are going to get creative and head out of the city to the middle of nowhere, then no, the coaching staff won't know where they are, but this party was on a street where most of the big off-campus parties occur. Not hard for the coaching staff to know who is and isn't there.

So are you saying it was Brian Kelly's job to monitor all these big parties and not let any football players attend them? Or if they did attend, Brian Kelly should have been there to prevent them from drinking or getting intoxicated?

So are you saying it was Brian Kelly's job to monitor all these big parties and not let any football players attend them? Or if they did attend, Brian Kelly should have been there to prevent them from drinking or getting intoxicated?

If you make it clear up front that the behavior isn't tolerated and make an example of the first person who runs afoul, you quickly get to the point where you don't NEED to monitor every single party.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ May 4, 2012 -> 01:19 PM)
If you make it clear up front that the behavior isn't tolerated and make an example of the first person who runs afoul, you quickly get to the point where you don't NEED to monitor every single party.

Like he didn't do with Michael Floyd.