Obamanation Re-election MegaThread

StrangeSox

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 15, 2012 -> 10:37 AM)
That's still negative campaigning imo. You're describing negative aspects of your opponent's plan and attacking them for it. Positive campaigning would be highlighting your own positive aspects.

Fair point.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/a-romney-fir...93#.UCvRmKCRCWi

For the first time since he began running for president, Republican Mitt Romney has the support of over 40 percent of America's youth vote, a troubling sign for President Obama who built his 2008 victory with the overwhelming support of younger, idealistic voters.

Pollster John Zogby of JZ Analytics told Secrets Tuesday that Romney received 41 percent in his weekend poll of 1,117 likely voters, for the first time crossing the 40 percent mark. What's more, he said that Romney is the only Republican of those who competed in the primaries to score so high among 18-29 year olds.

Obviously polls mean jack at this point, but the trend is interesting.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

1% is almost irrelevant given sample size and error margin.

Its 10-11 more people saying Romney over Obama, and without knowing where the calls were, it could be good or bad for Obama.

Romney should just stay away from curtailing to the youth, they arent reliable voters.

Why do the Romney campaign and Republicans keep blatantly lying? Because it works.

Even a Republican architect of the law, Ron Haskins, told NPR: "There's no plausible scenario under which it really constitutes a serious attack on welfare reform."

Still, the accusation endures. The Republican National Committee released an ad Wednesday noting the 16th anniversary of the law, and stating: "If Barack Obama had his way, this day would have never happened."

And the Romney campaign put out a memo Wednesday repeating the claim that Obama gutted the Clinton-era welfare reforms after taking office.

So why continue beating this drum?

Partly because people believe it.

"We think that the fact that the work requirement has been taken out of welfare is the wrong thing to do," said Peggy Testa, attending a Tuesday rally near Pittsburgh for Romney running mate Rep. Paul Ryan.

When told that's not actually what had happened, Testa replied: "At this point, don't know exactly what is true and what isn't, OK? But what I do know is I trust the Romney-Ryan ticket, and I do not trust Obama."

don't worry, the dogwhistling welfare queen-meme is still alive and well!

This specific attack about welfare ties into a broader concern that many Republicans share: Romney often argues that Obama and the Democrats are making America a government-dependent society.

Pam Malcolm, who attended a Romney rally outside of Cleveland a few months ago, agreed.

"I really don't want to help somebody who just decides, 'Oh, well, I was raised on welfare. I can raise my children on welfare,' " Malcolm said. "I had a cousin who, she is a registered nurse and the stories she told me about people coming in there and having babies just so they could get more on their food stamps and more on their welfare. It's like no, I don't want to take care of those people."

Yeah, I'm sure her cousin told her legit stories about women coming in and telling the nurse all about their welfare babies. Totally believable.

Romney campaign alleges that obama is shredding welfare requirements, democrats disagree. Both sides.

I don't want Romney anywhere near the White House it goes without saying. But my question to you is ... after four more years of Obama do you seriously believe ...

a.) Our country will be better off than it is right now.

b.) Our country will be way way worse than it is right now.

c.) Things will be the same as they are today.

d.) Our country will be in the worse shape economically it has ever been in and the morale of the people will be the lowest it has ever been entering the 2016 election.

I'm thinking it's d.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 23, 2012 -> 08:51 AM)
Why do the Romney campaign and Republicans keep blatantly lying? Because it works.

don't worry, the dogwhistling welfare queen-meme is still alive and well!

Yeah, I'm sure her cousin told her legit stories about women coming in and telling the nurse all about their welfare babies. Totally believable.

Romney campaign alleges that obama is shredding welfare requirements, democrats disagree. Both sides.

And Obama ads feature Republican Women for Obama. Only problem is most of the women in the ad are registered Democrats.

Coal miners say they were forced to attend Romney event and donate

And on top of it, they didn't pay them their day's wages, either.

“But why not still pay then their wage for that day?” Blomquist pressed.

“By federal election law, we could not pay people to attend the event,” Moore replied. “And we did not want anyone to come back and see where anyone had been paid for that day.”

“I’m not saying pay then to attend the event, I’m saying, ‘Hey look, we have to close down the mine, if you want to attend this event, that’s fine, but you’re still going to get a day’s pay for the work that you would have done,’” Blomquist pointed out. “Why not do that?”

“As a private employer, it was our decision and we made the decision not to pay the people,” the Murray chief financial officer said.

“We’re talking about an event that was in the best interest of anyone that’s related to the coal industry,” Moore added. “I do not believe that missing an eight-hour day, when you put it into perspective, when you think about how critical — critical this next election is, and how critical it is that we get someone in this office that supports coal — to give up eight hours for a career, I just don’t believe that there is anything negative about that.”

Job Creators know when paying us for how they dictate our time is and is not in our best interestsemot-awgee.gif

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 05:00 PM)
And Obama ads feature Republican Women for Obama. Only problem is most of the women in the ad are registered Democrats.

A quick googling seems to indicate that a couple of women in the ad are registered Democrats, which, without some additional information, isn't a problem at all. The whole point is that they used to be Republicans but now aren't.

This still doesn't compare to the welfare work requirements blatant and complete lie that the Romney campaign has been running with for weeks now.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 29, 2012 -> 09:41 AM)
I would lay 2:1 odds that it was staged by Democrats.

Hmph. Whatever went down, apparently 2 people were expelled and the RNC issued a statement bordering on an apology, saying that the behavior was deplorable and would not be tolerated.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 29, 2012 -> 02:34 PM)
A quick googling seems to indicate that a couple of women in the ad are registered Democrats, which, without some additional information, isn't a problem at all. The whole point is that they used to be Republicans but now aren't.

This still doesn't compare to the welfare work requirements blatant and complete lie that the Romney campaign has been running with for weeks now.

everything is equal.

I love the Onion.

TAMPA, FL—Ann Romney shocked the crowd at the Tampa Bay Times Forum into silence Tuesday, announcing during her remarks to the Republican National Convention that she plans to divorce her husband of 43 years, whom the party had just nominated for president of the United States. “Good evening and welcome! I want to use this opportunity to talk about my husband Mitt and ask him for a divorce,” said Romney, who sources confirmed received two seconds of applause before the audience processed what she had actually said. “Mitt Romney is fiscally strong, he has a great vision for this country’s future, and I’m requesting a very substantial figure in alimony. I strongly feel this is what’s best, both for me and for our family, and my decision is final. If he wants to discuss the matter further he can contact my attorney.” Following the speech, a beaming Mitt Romney reportedly walked across the stage, took the microphone from Ann, and asked the crowd, “Wasn’t she great, everybody?” to continued silence.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 29, 2012 -> 09:55 AM)
Hmph. Whatever went down, apparently 2 people were expelled and the RNC issued a statement bordering on an apology, saying that the behavior was deplorable and would not be tolerated.

Worth noting that CNN appears so far to be unwilling to report on the incident or who was actually involved (details that they really should have), leading to not unreasonable speculation that they're trying to dump/bury what would otherwise be a legitimate news story out of fear of being labeled biased for reporting on it.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 29, 2012 -> 03:29 PM)
More liberal media bias, obviously! CNN also refuses to have any sort of standards for the right-wing bloggers like Dana Loesch and Erick Erickson they regularly have on.

CNN's Erin Burnett "moved to tears" during Ann Romney's speech.

you could hear the exact same thing about Michele Obama on FOX. They also have left wing bloggers on. So I assume, using your proof, FOX is also non-biased.

I wish people could give speeches without the crowd standing and clapping after every few lines. it has been that was for as long as I followed politics. Has it been that way forever? Whether it Obama's State of the Union of Ryan's speech as the RNC, I just wanna hear it. A few spots of applause, ok. But every few lines just sucks, takes away from the flow of the words.

So when Obama or Biden give their speeches during the DNC, will Wolf point out that there were 'several facts that the fact checkers will have fun with if they want", or will he stay mum on that point? Because he sure couldn't wait to get those words out of his mouth tonight once Ryan was done.

edit. Since I posted this he said it 5 more times in less than 2 minutes. Geeze Wolf, STFU and report.

Edited by Alpha Dog

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 29, 2012 -> 10:07 PM)
So when Obama or Biden give their speeches during the DNC, will Wolf point out that there were 'several facts that the fact checkers will have fun with if they want", or will he stay mum on that point? Because he sure couldn't wait to get those words out of his mouth tonight once Ryan was done.

edit. Since I posted this he said it 5 more times in less than 2 minutes. Geeze Wolf, STFU and report.

Well he did go on an on about a plant that closed in his hometown, blamed it on obama etc. When it closed while Bush was still president.