StrangeSox

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 09:29 AM)
Mitt will be great in foreign policy...especially with developing states. He'll be happy to relocate all of our domestic manufacturing to foreign countries :)

You mean exactly like how Obama's entire job council does/has done?

Even HuffPo wrote about this nonsense: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/12/o..._n_1666443.html

This is why I don't get it when Democrats ride Romney as a job exporter, when the guy they have an office now appointed an ENTIRE fleet of job exporters for the job of "saving American jobs".

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 09:58 AM)

Even HuffPo wrote about this nonsense: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/12/o..._n_1666443.html

This is why I don't get it when Democrats ride Romney as a job exporter, when the guy they have an office now appointed an ENTIRE fleet of job exporters for the job of "saving American jobs".

^^^

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 09:58 AM)

The jobs council also includes the AFL-CIO, though the labor union dissented from its final recommendations. And, to be sure, the mere presence of a company on the council does not equal an endorsement by the White House of all of its activities

White House spokeswoman Amy Brundage said the council advises the administration and doesn't set policy, and that being named to the jobs council does not mean the White House supports all of the companies' activities.

So, three things:

1. It's a joke based on common perception

2. That's an advisory board and the truth of politics that laymen never like to accept is that those that have worked in the respective industries will always be the most qualified policy-makers. This is why I shrug my shoulders when people lose their heads over so and so's former lawyer, etc working in the corresponding gov't organization. Who would know more about it? Whether he likes those companies or not, he needs them to be in business. Knowing what kinds of policies might have an unexpected outcome of killing the company or other things like that is important. You could also call this "reaching across the aisle" or something like that. Talking to the enemy, etc

3. The ugliest truth at this point is there are occasions in which outsourcing DOES save jobs. If you outsource a large portion of a company's jobs instead of having the company fold, you still end up with more jobs than had the company gone under. There are many situations now in which a company will cease to be competitive with foreign competition if it does not run unskilled aspects of its company overseas. That is something we have to accept for the time being. I'm very interested in who can come up with ways to "create jobs" in that climate, particularly unskilled or semi-skilled jobs. This is also the reason why I'm a little less skeptical of Romney's business career.

Mitt Romney: "I didn't know [LGBT people] had families."

David Wilson and Julie Goodridge, two of the plaintiffs whose case led to the legalization of marriage equality in Massachusetts, described meeting with Romney to discuss their experiences. According to Wilson, “it was like talking to a robot. No expression, no feeling.” At one point, Romney remarked, “I didn’t know you had families.” Goodridge recalls her final exchange with the governor, which proved to her that he had “no capacity for empathy”:

GOODRIDGE: Governor Romney, tell me — what would you suggest I say to my 8 year-old daughter about why her mommy and her ma can’t get married because you, the governor of her state, are going to block our marriage?

ROMNEY: I don’t really care what you tell your adopted daughter. Why don’t you just tell her the same thing you’ve been telling her the last eight years.

On the heels of this:

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 21, 2012 -> 06:39 AM)
It's not a video but a letter. when you click the link, soxtalk changes "f***" to, well, "f***" in the address bar. change out those asterisks to the appropriate letters.

Fart?

Fact?

Fade?

Fail?

Fair?

Fake?

Fame?

Fang?

...forget it...I'll never get this. :/

OK, it's pretty darn obvious Obama is going to win so let's look ahead. Do you folks see the economy and the employment situation of Americans better or worse in four years. What will the price of gas be?

Do you think GOOD jobs will be a thing of the past? Can Obama get this thing going or are we all f***ed? Seriously.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 04:58 PM)
Every time Mitt Romney opens his mouth, he makes me want to not vote for him--then Harry Reid opens his mouth and makes me want to vote for Romney out of spite.

He is so unlikeable. I'm surprised Obama isn't ahead by more at this point. After the debate he'll be way way up. I'm surprised Obama doesn't agree to 3-4 debates. He'd pummel Romney so badly 1-on-1.

Wow, I don't jump into politics because I can't vote. I try to avoid all the riff raff but I woke up early today and on the wake of hearing about Mitts little airplane comment on Chelsea Lately last night I figured why not go see what everyone here has to say on this guy....Ive read the last 2 pages and my mind has been boggled as to why this man is a presidential candidate. This guy sounds more out of touch than Bush.

I know I really added nothing with that comment but my goodness, there wasnt a more suitable candidate out there??

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 01:26 PM)
Wow, I don't jump into politics because I can't vote. I try to avoid all the riff raff but I woke up early today and on the wake of hearing about Mitts little airplane comment on Chelsea Lately last night I figured why not go see what everyone here has to say on this guy....Ive read the last 2 pages and my mind has been boggled as to why this man is a presidential candidate. This guy sounds more out of touch than Bush.

I know I really added nothing with that comment but my goodness, there wasnt a more suitable candidate out there??

He's really horrible. Then I read Rush Limbaugh saying last week that if Obama wins California will declare bankruptcy, Obama will get other states like Texas to bail it out and in Rush's words "we're doomed." Is this true???

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 01:58 PM)
He's really horrible. Then I read Rush Limbaugh saying last week that if Obama wins California will declare bankruptcy, Obama will get other states like Texas to bail it out and in Rush's words "we're doomed." Is this true???

Yet they will spend billions on a high speed rail from nowhere to nowhere, because it 'feels' like the right thing to do. Oh, and they will probably do that regardless of who wins, but will have an easier time of it, as in keeping all the union contracts in place to continue draining the coffers, if Obama is President.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 04:41 PM)
Yes, a train linking the 2nd, 8th, and 14th most populous cities in the united states is going from "nowhere to nowhere".

From Wikipedia: "2.6 billion will be used for build an initial 130-mile segment of high-speed line from Madera to Bakersfield in the Central Valley. This initial operating segment will be used when completed for Amtrak's San Joaquin service." Since when is Madera and Bakersville anywhere even in the top 100? However I was referring to the section getting the most press from Victorville to Vegas. Nobody is going to drive from LA to Victorville, then take the train to Vegas. Hour drive to train station, 90 minutes on train, then Vegas. Can fly there for half that time. As for the California only routes, it is claimed that the train will provide "door-to-door travel times comparable to airplanes and less than one-half as long as car travel." However air travel doesn't cost the taxpayers billions, and the high speed rail will never be self supporting.