2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Feb 23, 2012 -> 03:44 PM)
Dave Duerson's family is apparently suing the NFL for wrongful death over his suicide.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/foot...8&eref=sihp

I guess they have that right, but to me, that is wrong on a number of levels.

If you want to look at a bright side...anything else which forces the NFL to deal with this issue is a good thing.

@BradBiggs Inside Source: "Bears to offer Forte 5-year, $50 Million contract with $18 Million guaranteed. RB expected to sign."

New Bears/Forte deal will be cap-friendly, with only 6M counting against the cap in years 1-2. Will be announced next week.

Take it for what it's worth.

Stephen hill from ga tech is 6'4" and just ran a 4.30. Could be a very interesting name if he's around in the 3rd rounds

Floyd also ran a 4.42 in his first attempt. I despise ND but this kid is the real deal IMO unless his character flaws are really hindering

And Alshon jeffery didn't run. Gonna hurt his stock IMO

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (daa84 @ Feb 26, 2012 -> 08:38 AM)
Stephen hill from ga tech is 6'4" and just ran a 4.30. Could be a very interesting name if he's around in the 3rd rounds

Floyd also ran a 4.42 in his first attempt. I despise ND but this kid is the real deal IMO unless his character flaws are really hindering

And Alshon jeffery didn't run. Gonna hurt his stock IMO

RG3 ran a 4.38 and I think Twitter just exploded.

When you watch Floyd play, you see a guy that is just a total beast. The problem is he's had some injury issues and people have questioned his toughness. Physically he's a total stud though, imo. He's a game changer and the type of guy the Bears would be lucky to get at 19. The issue I have is this time probably moves him up and I'd be surprised if he's available @ 19. That said, there are still other questions about him that could keep him there at 19.

He is a very good route-runner with good hands and great body control.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 26, 2012 -> 01:11 PM)
When you watch Floyd play, you see a guy that is just a total beast. The problem is he's had some injury issues and people have questioned his toughness. Physically he's a total stud though, imo. He's a game changer and the type of guy the Bears would be lucky to get at 19. The issue I have is this time probably moves him up and I'd be surprised if he's available @ 19. That said, there are still other questions about him that could keep him there at 19.

He is a very good route-runner with good hands and great body control.

The alcohol suspension worry seems to be another major issue.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 26, 2012 -> 02:20 PM)
Have to figure right there he just made himself the #2 pick, right? And that the pick gets traded?

its possible, but i just dont think the 40 time really matters for QBs...i mean teams know he's athletic enough to scramble. With a QB who can move, its less about the straight line speed and more about the elusiveness...

The NFL network gun is apparently quite a bit quicker than the official one (surprise surprise - they must buy stopwatches from the same company that fox buys their radar guns that they use in the mlb playoffs)....so floyd really ran a 4.47, and RG3 a 4.41 - both are still really good for those guys

I thought something might be up when NFL network had like 10 guys in the 4.3s on the broadcast (given that only 7 did it all last year, and the RBs, DBs had yet to run). still, lots of very good times this year - probably a product of guys really training for this event

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 26, 2012 -> 10:16 AM)
The alcohol suspension worry seems to be another major issue.

To be frank, that wasn't a major concern but maybe I dont' know the whole story. He isn't the first person in college to get in a little trouble becuase of alcohol. Now if he is an alocholic, that would be an issue. And I don't know the answer to that and mabye that is what teams are concerned about.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Feb 26, 2012 -> 10:30 AM)
its possible, but i just dont think the 40 time really matters for QBs...i mean teams know he's athletic enough to scramble. With a QB who can move, its less about the straight line speed and more about the elusiveness...

The NFL network gun is apparently quite a bit quicker than the official one (surprise surprise - they must buy stopwatches from the same company that fox buys their radar guns that they use in the mlb playoffs)....so floyd really ran a 4.47, and RG3 a 4.41 - both are still really good for those guys

I thought something might be up when NFL network had like 10 guys in the 4.3s on the broadcast (given that only 7 did it all last year, and the RBs, DBs had yet to run). still, lots of very good times this year - probably a product of guys really training for this event

I had read somewhere that Hester and Knox both ran 4.27 40's. Is that true.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 26, 2012 -> 01:38 PM)
To be frank, that wasn't a major concern but maybe I dont' know the whole story. He isn't the first person in college to get in a little trouble becuase of alcohol. Now if he is an alocholic, that would be an issue. And I don't know the answer to that and mabye that is what teams are concerned about.

I don't know where I've read it, but I think the real worry is that because he has a record in college he's immediately going into the league's substance abuse program, where if he gets in trouble again he doesn't get a pass, he goes straight to suspension.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 26, 2012 -> 02:39 PM)
I had read somewhere that Hester and Knox both ran 4.27 40's. Is that true.

nfl.com has knox at 4.34

Hester ran a 4.41 at the combine, but a 4.27 at his pro day - I don't know that they have the splits from the first 10 yards, but id be shocked if hesters wasn't truly elite

QUOTE (daa84 @ Feb 26, 2012 -> 10:44 AM)
nfl.com has knox at 4.34

Hester ran a 4.41 at the combine, but a 4.27 at his pro day - I don't know that they have the splits from the first 10 yards, but id be shocked if hesters wasn't truly elite

I'd be curious if Hester ran now. The past year to year and a half, he hasn't looked near as explosive as he did early in his career. I realize he is older but it isn't like he's "old".

There is no way I'd draft Jefferey now before Day 3. The guy might be talented but with character concerns like that...all the dude has to do is run to show where he's at and then he can improve by that much at his pro day...there is no way I'm using a top pick on him.

It's absolutely mind-boggling that he didn't run.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 26, 2012 -> 10:40 AM)
I don't know where I've read it, but I think the real worry is that because he has a record in college he's immediately going into the league's substance abuse program, where if he gets in trouble again he doesn't get a pass, he goes straight to suspension.

That is interesting and definitely something that you have to be concerned with. Given that there is a lot of talk about Stevie being close to signing an extension with the Bills, it looks like the Bears are going to have to target wideout. Stephen Hill just moved himself into the potential 1st round (from the 3rd) with his strong combine performance. Some talk that he outperformed almost all of the top wideouts.

His major flaw is he's an inexperience route runner, given that he was stuck at Georgia Tech in the option offense. Fathom could probably tell us quite a bit about him though. He is a freakish athlete though and supposely a tremendous blocker (wouldn't be surprised given the need for wideouts in an option system to run block). However, he showed really good hands at the combine (and we know his size/speed combination is off the charts).