2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

per Rotoworld:

Bucs agreed to terms with Vincent Jackson a five-year, $55.555 million contract, including $26 million guaranteed.

Jackson will earn $26 million over the first two years and $36 million over the first three, topping Santonio Holmes' $24 million guaranteed from last year. The Bucs jumped in feet-first, causing V-Jax's other suitors to fall by the wayside. Jackson will immediately slot in as the No. 1 receiver in Tampa, sending Mike Williams to No. 2 and Arrelious Benn to a situational role. Expect Jackson's fantasy stock to decline with a quarterback downgrade and coach Greg Schiano's traditionally run-heavy offensive attack

definitely not too steep of a price imo, especially considering what Washington paid for Garcon

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 08:15 PM)
@JayGlazer Mario Williams signs a 7 year deal with Buffalo, 52 Million guaranteed. Working on the details.

Wow. Bears gave Peppers 42 million guaranteed. That's the price Buffalo has to pay to bring Free Agents to town.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 08:21 PM)
Not 100% on that deal. I posted the link from another site. Might be rubbish.

Note: Looking on twitter I see nothing. So consider that a fake report.

Oh Jason, you glorious rube. We still love you though.

So the Bears have a real #1 WR and a real backup QB? Phil Emery is the man!

Also, I'd like to direct your attention to Brandon Marshall's twitter avatar. https://twitter.com/#!/BMarshall

Lastly, if we strike out on Williams, I wouldn't mind Mincey at all. If they can get Mincey and Atogwe, I'd be extremely satisfied. Or maybe go out and sign one of the secondary WR.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 10:14 PM)
Bears still in on Williams, who is leaving Buffalo having not signed a deal.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...bell-signs.html

Honestly, I don't know much about Mincey but if he is a good DE I'd be fine signing him over Mario and with the money saved also bringing in someone like Atogwe or a OLB to help the team in multiple areas.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 08:19 PM)
Honestly, I don't know much about Mincey but if he is a good DE I'd be fine signing him over Mario and with the money saved also bringing in someone like Atogwe or a OLB to help the team in multiple areas.

Just to point this out, Atogwe missed most of last year due to injuries. He's a good player when healthy but this is 2 straight years he has struggled with injuries. I don't think he's that big of an impact player. If he's healthy sure, but that is a big risk you are taking.

Personally I want Whimbley or Mario. If the Bears can afford Mario, why not. Dude is a beast and Bears shouldn't have a ton of guys coming due to get paid (outside of Forte & Melton) and Mario would make a huge difference on the defense. Bears can than target oline, cb, lb, and wideout via the draft.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 10:25 PM)
Cap wise I just do not see it happening.

Bears should still have the money to make it happen, especially if they can avid front-loading the deal. I like their chances with him having left Buffalo without signing.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 10:19 PM)

7th in NFL last season in QB pressures.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 10:36 PM)
Right I can read his stats but I have never seen him play and don't know if he is that good or a fluke or anything besides what I see on paper.

Teams are going to be keying in on Peppers no matter what. Anyone who can consistently pressure the QB on the opposite side works. I can only imagine Mincey would get better next to Peppers.