2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 14, 2012 -> 02:40 PM)
What kind of source is this? Seems a bit premature since his visit to the Titans just began less than an hour ago.

It was a re-tweet. I believe it's speculation at this point.

Calvin Johnson now thw highest paid WR in NFL.. 7 yrs 132 mil. (though some reports have 8 yrs)

The player's agent, Bus Cook, said the deal is worth $60 million guaranteed if Johnson plays all eight years through the 2019 season.
Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 14, 2012 -> 02:07 PM)
@dan_bernstein

A #Bears source I trust believes they had no idea about the Marshall incident before the trade. Completely pantsed.

Not saying the bears knew or didn't know, but the only guy I trust less than Dan Bernstein is an unnamed source of Dan Bernstein

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 14, 2012 -> 02:07 PM)
@dan_bernstein

A #Bears source I trust believes they had no idea about the Marshall incident before the trade. Completely pantsed.

Yup, and Kobe to the Bulls is a done deal. Bernstein's sources are hacks.

@dan_bernstein

The source BELIEVES they had no idea, the source doesn't KNOW they had no idea. I have sources that BELIEVE I would make a better radio host than Dan Bernstein.

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 14, 2012 -> 10:29 PM)
Peyton Hillis signs with the Kansas City Chiefs. One year - 3 mil.

Man. He would have looked real good with Forte - at only 3 mil.

If he wanted to come to Chicago...and if he coudl actually play and stay healthy. The people in Cleveland supposedly were really tired of him.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 08:52 AM)
Listeners on the SCORE this morning just tearing Marshall apart. I really think most folks that listen to talk radio are absolute morons.

I don't know the specifics of what happened. I don't condone Marshall's past.

I do know that if my wife got hit in the face with a beer bottle, I would go apes*** and likely wind up arrested.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 01:48 PM)
The more I read about Marshall the more I have a problem with the Bears going after this guy. Great player but what a piece of crap (if what I'm reading is true). How has he not done time?

Meh. Plenty of bad bad boys have Super Bowl rings. I care way more about the product on the field at this point.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 12:03 PM)
Meh. Plenty of bad bad boys have Super Bowl rings. I care way more about the product on the field at this point.

Listen, winning matters, but I look at things unbiasedly. If a guy is out raping or beating or murdering, I don't want him on my team. Period, end of story.

I don't know the full story on Marshall but his history is incredibly alarming. Guys are allowed to make mistakes but when you have habitual issues, I have a problem. I always will point out that TO was a guy I always wanted, why, because off the field, despite being a crazy SOB, he hasn't had any significant legal matters.

Let me ask you this, would you want your sister involved with Marshall or your mom? Or someone you cared about. Hell, better yet, would you want to live next door to that type of person.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 02:57 PM)
Listen, winning matters, but I look at things unbiasedly. If a guy is out raping or beating or murdering, I don't want him on my team. Period, end of story.

You just lumped beating in with raping and murdering.