2012-2013 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Mar 22, 2012 -> 10:53 AM)
Kind of a blah move to me.

Blah? Did you see some of the games he had last year? This is a great signing. I'm almost curious is we are letting Forte leave after next season with this pick up. Love to keep em both for a long time.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 22, 2012 -> 11:08 AM)
Blah? Did you see some of the games he had last year? This is a great signing. I'm almost curious is we are letting Forte leave after next season with this pick up. Love to keep em both for a long time.

Bush saved my fantasy team after Jamaal Charles tore his knee open.

Brad Biggs ‏ @BradBiggs

#Bears have agreed to terms with RB Michael Bush on a 4-year contract. Total value $14 million. Deal includes $7 million guaranteed.

IMO slap in the face to Forte

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 22, 2012 -> 11:08 AM)

Yes blah he did ok last year..................he has been in Oakland awhile and did mostly nothing!

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Mar 22, 2012 -> 11:37 AM)
Yes blah he did ok last year..................he has been in Oakland awhile and did mostly nothing!

Bush rushed for 977 yards and seven touchdowns on 256 carries last season.

Yea, nothing.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Mar 22, 2012 -> 11:37 AM)

averaged 4.2 yards a carry for his career, 21 touchdowns in 4 seasons, rarely fumbled the ball. I wouldnt call that nothing

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 22, 2012 -> 11:40 AM)
averaged 4.2 yards a carry for his career, 21 touchdowns in 4 seasons, rarely fumbled the ball. I wouldnt call that nothing

Especially when playing behind a certain Darren McFadden.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 22, 2012 -> 12:19 PM)
I'd assume Barber gets cut for cap savings soon?

Def. Bears have such great depth now at QB and RB which is great to see. Hopefully now we can get a couple of bargain FAs of guys looking to prove themselves (like Okoye lat year). The Bush signing gives the Bears much more leverage with Forte negotiations.

Another nice thing about Bush is that he is a great blocker and receiver. Could really have some inventive 2-running back sets with Bush/Forte.

Emery doing a great job thus far. Not overspending on guys and making some shrewd moves. And to think, he is known as a better drafter...

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Mar 22, 2012 -> 12:36 PM)
Def. Bears have such great depth now at QB and RB which is great to see. Hopefully now we can get a couple of bargain FAs of guys looking to prove themselves (like Okoye lat year). The Bush signing gives the Bears much more leverage with Forte negotiations.

Another nice thing about Bush is that he is a great blocker and receiver. Could really have some inventive 2-running back sets with Bush/Forte.

Emery doing a great job thus far. Not overspending on guys and making some shrewd moves. And to think, he is known as a better drafter...

Cliff Stein strikes again.

Emery and Stein seem to have a good thing going as they are getting the guys that Angelo would not get.

QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 22, 2012 -> 11:35 AM)
That DL from Memphis is a freakin beast. I wouldn't mind taking him and seeing where he fits. Fack it, he could probably play left tackle :D

Dontari Poe? No way he lasts that long. Good chance the Chiefs grab him at 11 if he's still there.

As for the Bush signing, that's a great move by the bears. Absolute steal at the money involved too. (He saved me last year when I lost Charles and Best in my fantasy league)

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 22, 2012 -> 01:00 PM)
Forte is offically pissed...

Oh my lord. I hate when athletes b**** like this. This is the NFL, you never know when one hit can knock your starting RB out for the year. You need depth. What does Forte want from the Bears to have just one RB? Disrespected making $7 million a year. Please.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 22, 2012 -> 01:08 PM)
I bet he holds out.

He has lost almost all of his leverage. If he wanted to hold out, he should have done it last year. Now the Bears have a legit starting RB behind him and a guy who proved he could be a solid backup in Bell.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 21, 2012 -> 12:26 PM)
@QBKILLA

Just Heard Who The Snitch Was

Is it just me, or as a member of the media shouldn't Warren Sapp drop this persona? Snitch? really?

Especially since he doesn't really know for sure that Shockey "snitched." He says he heard it from someone he trusts. It's basically a rumor that Sapp thinks is okay to go public with. Nice ethics.

I can't get the yahoo headline out of my head, "Warren Sapp fingers Jeremy Shockey :o as the Saints’ bounty snitch."

I don't get why they b**** so much about it, it's great guaranteed money for one year. Yeah you don't get the big deal but it's an effective way to keep a player on a team while still in "negotiations" while also paying the player top dollar.

Honestly I think the stupidest thing a player can do is holdout.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Mar 22, 2012 -> 02:35 PM)
Especially since he doesn't really know for sure that Shockey "snitched." He says he heard it from someone he trusts. It's basically a rumor that Sapp thinks is okay to go public with. Nice ethics.

I can't get the yahoo headline out of my head, "Warren Sapp fingers Jeremy Shockey :o as the Saints’ bounty snitch."

Meanwhile, Shockey has since been adamant about it not being him, even posting a screen grab of a text between him and Sean Payton about it