2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (zenryan @ Aug 12, 2012 -> 01:11 AM)
apparently the argument started when his wife found a receipt for condoms in his car.

Please tell me you're kidding....

Also, condoms should be like donuts. I hand you the money, you hand me the condoms. No need to bring ink and paper into this.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 03:54 PM)
Probably Wite. That is his team

I don't think I did. I've predicted them to make it to the playoffs, but I don't think I predicted an AFC Championship appearance. I love that team but I'm generally pretty realistic about them.

I certainly may have though, I'm not sure.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 12:43 PM)
It's probably a good thing that Julius Peppers is a freakishly good football player.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-f...t-study-classes

Lets be honest, did any of us think he was a member of MENSA? Come on now, he wasnt at UNC to be a student, that is just silly

QUOTE (farmteam @ Aug 12, 2012 -> 08:34 AM)
Please tell me you're kidding....

Also, condoms should be like donuts. I hand you the money, you hand me the condoms. No need to bring ink and paper into this.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughnut. I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I'll just give you the money, and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I just can't imagine a scenario where I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. Some skeptical friend: "Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut! I got the documentation right here...oh, wait it's at home...in the file...under "D", for "doughnut."

I'll be honest though, if I was already a millionaire I'd take mickey mouse courses like black history too. Not like he's studying for some kind of career...

It would be great if kids had the freedom to just study what they wanted, instead of being forced into some predetermined path just due to the fact that they need to get paid....

Edited by RZZZA

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 01:15 PM)
I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughnut. I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I'll just give you the money, and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I just can't imagine a scenario where I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. Some skeptical friend: "Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut! I got the documentation right here...oh, wait it's at home...in the file...under "D", for "doughnut."

look up the Patrice joke on receipts, takes the opposite approach :)

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 02:01 PM)
Peppers has to have some sort of grounds for a lawsuit. Amazing how little you have to do as a student to be eligible to play.

you would think if he sued, the box would be completely opened and there would be a whole lot of revealed transcripts and improprieties

Id file this under the category of, not worth the time or effort. Sometimes the best route is to just ignore it. Will it really do Peppers any good to bring further publicity to it?

Hes got his millions, s*** happens.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 02:07 PM)
you would think if he sued, the box would be completely opened and there would be a whole lot of revealed transcripts and improprieties

Peppers wouldn't have much to lose there. Even if he cheated the NCAA somehow in college, those aren't crimes, so it wouldn't affect him. UNC could get in even more trouble though.

Bob LeGere ‏@BobLeGere #Bears OC Mike Tice: "I didn't feel that overall as an offense we did enough physically to make any kind of a statement," in 31-3 loss.

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs #Bears will play J'Marcus Webb and Chris Williams with starters at left tackle against Redskins on Saturday at Soldier Field.

Zach Zaidman ‏@ZachZaidman Mike Tice praised the competitive tenacity of Lance Louis and Gabe Carimi vs. Broncos. No compliments for the left side of the line.

Zach Zaidman ‏@ZachZaidman Mike Tice said the biggest disappointment from the Broncos game is that the Bears didn't run the ball well.

Zach Zaidman ‏@ZachZaidman Tice says Chris Williams moved back to left side because Gabe Carimi's leg is coming around and Bears want longer look at Cory Brandon.

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs Tice: "Chris is over there on the left side. I didn't feel like the other player was up to par."

Michael C. Wright ‏@mikecwright When Tice said that Webb "wasn't up to par" he referred to him as "the other player."

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs Tice: "We were really pleased with Jeffery. Made some plays and dominated physically."

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs Tice says O-line will play through 1st half or into 3rd quarter vs Redskins on Saturday

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs Tice: "I have trouble sleeping at night until our quarterback is protected."

Michael C. Wright ‏@mikecwright Someone mentioned that J'Marcus Webb had a little swagger. Mike Tice replied: "I wonder why?"

Zach Zaidman ‏@ZachZaidman Mike Tice says Jay Cutler will play vs. Washington.

Sounds like the 3 year long J'Marcus Webb experiment is mercifully going to come to an end soon. If you can't be an average LT in all these years, you don't even deserve to start. Problem is, we don't have many better options...