2012-2013 NFL Thread

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 23, 2012 -> 10:12 AM)
I didn't see a fantasy thread, so as not to derail, just a quick question. Is there a place for fantasy football, like with baseball prospectus, where you can pay for a draft kit where you put in the scoring for your league and they shoot out your best value? My leagues scoring is kinda weird.

What kind of different scoring? Rotoworld has it where you can change point values for TDs, points per yard, INTs thrown, fumbles lost, etc. You can also add points for 300 Yard Passing Games, 100 Yard Rushing Games, and 100 Yard Receiving Games.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Aug 23, 2012 -> 05:44 PM)
What kind of different scoring? Rotoworld has it where you can change point values for TDs, points per yard, INTs thrown, fumbles lost, etc. You can also add points for 300 Yard Passing Games, 100 Yard Rushing Games, and 100 Yard Receiving Games.

Great, thanks!

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 23, 2012 -> 05:50 PM)
Khalil Bell = He Gone

Bears asked him to take a paycut from $1.26 mil to $700k, he said no. If he fixes that fumbling problem, he looked like he could be a servicable NFL back.

I expected it, I know they like Armando Allen and they also added that another back whose name is escaping me, ran a kick back last week.

MJD is acting like a b**** right now with the public talk of disrespect and such. His agent is Adisa Bakari, Forte's agent, so it's probably not a coincidence. He wants a new deal, when he's already received one. The Jaguars bet on him becoming a highly productive running back which is why they gave him a $9 million signing bonus and guaranteed the first two years of his contract (17.5 million) in a FRONT-LOADED contract. So now that he's collected all of it, he wants to get another payday, because he's special, I guess. It doesn't work like that, you already had your payday.

I expected it, I know they like Armando Allen and they also added that another back whose name is escaping me, ran a kick back last week.

Lorenzo Booker, didn't he have a killer juke in a return in that game? I want him to be the #3

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 23, 2012 -> 07:31 PM)
MJD is acting like a b**** right now with the public talk of disrespect and such. His agent is Adisa Bakari, Forte's agent, so it's probably not a coincidence. He wants a new deal, when he's already received one. The Jaguars bet on him becoming a highly productive running back which is why they gave him a $9 million signing bonus and guaranteed the first two years of his contract (17.5 million) in a FRONT-LOADED contract. So now that he's collected all of it, he wants to get another payday, because he's special, I guess. It doesn't work like that, you already had your payday.

MJD and his agent want it both ways.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 23, 2012 -> 08:02 PM)
Lorenzo Booker, didn't he have a killer juke in a return in that game? I want him to be the #3

Yeah, thats who I was referring too. I read he was also a good special teams player which makes him much more valuable to the Bears.

Holy cow the replacement refs are dreadful. Cant remember rules, players numbers, penalty yards, or hand signals.

If the players dont get enough push to get the real refs back, I can promise you that Vegas will have a HUGE "come to jesus" meeting with the NFL.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 10:00 AM)
you know the Sox game was crazy when there is not ONE comment about the preseason game last night

I didn't even check to if the Bears were on TV done here. The Sox are in a tight pennant race and it was a preseason Bears game.

Cutler looked ok. he definitely was jittery in the pocket, he probably had some thoughts about getting planted in that turf when he visited previously. The touchdown drive to Marshall was pretty good.

Marshall is a goddamn beast.

I think Harvey Unga sealed his fate and guaranteed that the Bears will probably not have a FB on the roster when he whiffed on his man during the punt block.

Nick Roach is not good enough to fill in for Urlacher. I pray that Brian will play this season, because if he doesnt we are in some trouble. Tillman got jobbed on a few calls, but generally had a really bad game. I expect him to play better though, he is a smart player.

Peppers, holy s*** was that run stuff/almost safety crazy.

McClellin was a complete nonfactor. I barely saw him.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 11:01 AM)
Cutler looked ok. he definitely was jittery in the pocket, he probably had some thoughts about getting planted in that turf when he visited previously. The

My friend joked he has PTSD returning there and seeing the blue jersey's staring him down.

Cutler looked ok.

Really? Really? He looked terrible to me. We've seen him play great before even despite his line falling apart. But he was not anywhere near great or even good yesterday. He was throwing it too high a bunch of times.

The whole team looked like they had just smoked a bunch of crystal meth before they took the field honestly. Maybe they got psyched out by playing on the road in the meadowlands

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 05:08 PM)
Really? Really? He looked terrible to me. We've seen him play great before even despite his line falling apart. But he was not anywhere near great or even good yesterday. He was throwing it too high a bunch of times.

The whole team looked like they had just smoked a bunch of crystal meth before they took the field honestly. Maybe they got psyched out by playing on the road in the meadowlands

The touchdown drive brought his play level from "bad" to "ok" for me. Plus, Bennett dropped a perfect touchdown pass that would have given him two.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 06:13 PM)
true

but the pass to Bennett came after NY took their starters out, so I don't count it. He put that drive together against 2nd stringers.

It is what it is. I wasn't particularly pleased with the offense aside from Marshall.

...Oline was atrocious and everything filtered down from that. They couldn't run block to save their lives, and if the run game isn't going then the passing game suffers.

I'm really concerned that our terrible Oline is going to hold the rest of the team back.

But eventually I'm sure they'll manage to be serviceable, last year they managed to right the ship somewhat.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 06:47 PM)
...Oline was atrocious and everything filtered down from that. They couldn't run block to save their lives, and if the run game isn't going then the passing game suffers.

I'm really concerned that our terrible Oline is going to hold the rest of the team back.

But eventually I'm sure they'll manage to be serviceable, last year they managed to right the ship somewhat.

Left tackle is really scary right now. I almost want this James Brown kid to steal it from Webb and Williams