2012-2013 NFL Thread

Dallas Cowboys have set a strict list of rules for Dez Bryant, which he agreed to

• A midnight curfew. If he's going to miss curfew, team officials must know in advance;

• No drinking alcohol.

• He can't attend any strip clubs and can only attend nightclubs if they are approved by the team and he has a security team with him.

• He must attend counseling sessions twice a week.

• A rotating three-man security team will leave one man with Bryant at all times.

• Members of the security team will drive Bryant to practices, games and team functions.

LMAO, could you imagine them trying this with the 90s Dallas teams? Irvin would have rolled up the piece of paper with the rules and used it to snort a line off Jerry Jones desk

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 26, 2012 -> 08:52 AM)
LMAO, could you imagine them trying this with the 90s Dallas teams? Irvin would have rolled up the piece of paper with the rules and used it to snort a line off Jerry Jones butt
Edited by flippedoutpunk

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 26, 2012 -> 01:46 PM)
That is BS, he agreed to that?

Whats the point of being rich and famous if you can't stay out past midnight and attend strip clubs?

If you can manage to do so and not be arrested multiple times, then I suppose that a NFL team would not make you agree to those terms

Bears have started announcing cuts

The Bears also officially placed rookie safety Brandon Hardin on injured reserve with a neck injury and started announcing cuts. Rookie quarterback Matt Blanchard was waived, leaving the Bears with three quarterbacks.

The team also terminated the contract of vested veteran defensive tackle John McCargo; waived linebacker K.C. Asiodu, fullback Harvey Unga, safety Trevor Coston, receivers Terriun Crump and Chris Summers and defensive ends Thaddeus Gibson and Derek Walker; and waived/injured linebacker Adrien Cole and guard Nick Pieschel.

With the moves, the Bears' roster now stands at 75, which is where it had to before Monday's deadline.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Aug 26, 2012 -> 10:32 PM)
Good thing Seattle spent all that money on Flynn...

I usually give teams props to not play the expensive guy if the cheaper option is outperforming them.... but you just gave this guy a lot of money and not even going to let him play 1 regular season game to show his worth?

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Aug 27, 2012 -> 12:12 AM)
I usually give teams props to not play the expensive guy if the cheaper option is outperforming them.... but you just gave this guy a lot of money and not even going to let him play 1 regular season game to show his worth?

It's been talked about before, but Carroll is running the team like he is back in college. If Wilson is better, then he should start, but you can't just throw money at players and then stick them on the bench.

Is that five rookie QBs starting week 1? Luck, Griffin, Weeden, Wilson, & Tannehil?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 27, 2012 -> 07:45 AM)
I think people tend to overreact a bit from preseason football, but zero touchdowns in 3 games? That is bad.

I believe their combined QB rating is something hilarious like 50 or worse too.

edit: Tebows is 26.5, Sanchez is 59.6, McElroy is 91.7, albeit with 6 attempts

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 27, 2012 -> 08:46 AM)
It's been talked about before, but Carroll is running the team like he is back in college. If Wilson is better, then he should start, but you can't just throw money at players and then stick them on the bench.

Is that five rookie QBs starting week 1? Luck, Griffin, Weeden, Wilson, & Tannehil?

Carroll's job is to win games, and if he thinks Flynn is less likely to win games than Wilson, benching the money guy is the right move. If he has a 9-10 win season behind Wilson it creates Job Security even if Flynn is sitting on the bench the whole time.

Maybe this is just Carroll trying to buy some more time with Seattle. If he starts the big money QB and lose then people are breathing down his neck. Playing a rookie and losing can atleast let him say we're building towards next year.

Given how brutal Seattle's schedule is, I would have started Flynn and went to Wilson when things went bad. I think its easier to pull the plug on a guy like Flynn than a rookie during the course of a season.

First 10 games until bye week--@Arizona,Dallas,Green Bay, @St Louis,@Carolina, New England,@ San Fran,@Detroit,Minnesota,NYJ

Only game I can pencil in as a win would be Minnesota right now.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Aug 27, 2012 -> 09:57 AM)
Maybe this is just Carroll trying to buy some more time with Seattle. If he starts the big money QB and lose then people are breathing down his neck. Playing a rookie and losing can atleast let him say we're building towards next year.

Given how brutal Seattle's schedule is, I would have started Flynn and went to Wilson when things went bad. I think its easier to pull the plug on a guy like Flynn than a rookie during the course of a season.

First 10 games until bye week--@Arizona,Dallas,Green Bay, @St Louis,@Carolina, New England,@ San Fran,@Detroit,Minnesota,NYJ

Only game I can pencil in as a win would be Minnesota right now.

If he starts Wilson and loses 3 or 4 of those first 5, and winds up with a >10 loss, playoff missing season, even if he flips to Flynn mid-season I would be surprised if he's around next year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 27, 2012 -> 08:46 AM)
Carroll's job is to win games, and if he thinks Flynn is less likely to win games than Wilson, benching the money guy is the right move. If he has a 9-10 win season behind Wilson it creates Job Security even if Flynn is sitting on the bench the whole time.

And if he is unable to make the playoffs, then you just wasted $7-$9 million sitting on your bench in a lost season. In a salary capped league, that's bad roster management. That is money that could have been used to put better players around Wilson to make a better team. Carroll is not just a head coach playing someone elses players, as executive VP he definitely has some say in the roster makeup.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 27, 2012 -> 09:06 AM)
And if he is unable to make the playoffs, then you just wasted $7-$9 million sitting on your bench in a lost season. In a salary capped league, that's bad roster management. That is money that could have been used to put better players around Wilson to make a better team. Carroll is not just a head coach playing someone elses players, as executive VP he definitely has some say in the roster makeup.

Matt Flynn got a 3 year deal for 26 million.. only 10 million of which was guaranteed.. its hardly a huge contract, if Wilson is the better man you have to go with him now.. if Wilson is legit, you can get rid of Flynn without any backbreaking problem

QUOTE (Carter224 @ Aug 27, 2012 -> 07:55 PM)
Matt Flynn got a 3 year deal for 26 million.. only 10 million of which was guaranteed.. its hardly a huge contract, if Wilson is the better man you have to go with him now.. if Wilson is legit, you can get rid of Flynn without any backbreaking problem

That's still $10 million you spent on a QB who may never take a snap for your team. If Wilson is better, which remains to be seen, then you have to stick with him, but it is still awful roster/cap management.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 07:39 AM)
That's still $10 million you spent on a QB who may never take a snap for your team. If Wilson is better, which remains to be seen, then you have to stick with him, but it is still awful roster/cap management.

$10 million is not a huge amount to blow on a QB. The franchise tag is 1.5x that.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 09:38 AM)
On a QB who never plays a snap?

Would you rather have spent that elsewhere? of course. But it's not like paying Peyton Manning $30 million to be on IR and having that decimate your roster.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 09:00 AM)
Would you rather have spent that elsewhere? of course. But it's not like paying Peyton Manning $30 million to be on IR and having that decimate your roster.

That's not even comparable. That's a franchise QB who led you to the Super Bowl and multiple playoff appearances who happened to finally get injured one year after a long career of playing every single week.