2012-2013 NFL Thread

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 09:11 AM)
That's not even comparable. That's a franchise QB who led you to the Super Bowl and multiple playoff appearances who happened to finally get injured one year after a long career of playing every single week.

Yeah injuries and intentionally burying eight figures on the depth chart are two different things.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 10:11 AM)
That's not even comparable. That's a franchise QB who led you to the Super Bowl and multiple playoff appearances who happened to finally get injured one year after a long career of playing every single week.

All I'm saying is that $10 million in bonus money in a QB on the bench doesn't destroy your roster. It takes a lot more than $10 million in dead space to kill a roster.

Is Flynn's $10 million all this season?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 10:37 AM)
All I'm saying is that $10 million in bonus money in a QB on the bench doesn't destroy your roster. It takes a lot more than $10 million in dead space to kill a roster.

The cap is $120 million this year. $10 million is fair chunk of that.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 10:37 AM)

It doesn't destroy the roster, but it doesn't help. It's just an interesting move to sign the top non-Manning FA quarterback out there, then immediately draft another in the 3rd round and give him the job in the preseason. ( No idea about your question re: Flynn's contract.)

Edited by LittleHurt05

Signing Flynn to that deal is like us signing Teahen to the deal we signed him to. It stinks, you have to give him a shot, but it won't truly bog you down. Just can't have a bunch of deals like that. Scrap heap acquisitions can ease all those ills.

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 04:50 PM)
Signing Flynn to that deal is like us signing Teahen to the deal we signed him to. It stinks, you have to give him a shot, but it won't truly bog you down. Just can't have a bunch of deals like that. Scrap heap acquisitions can ease all those ills.

I think realistically he's a good trade option if another team gets in trouble at QB.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 06:21 PM)
yep kind of like me hogging up as many RBs as i could in my fantasy league #GMoftheyear

I do this every year and always pick the wrong ones.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 03:54 PM)
lebron has been working on his post game this offseason

Spoelstra looks like he has put on some muscle weight in that video. Those black and red tights work well for him

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 29, 2012 -> 03:31 PM)
Gonna see big things out of my man Sanzenwaddle this year. Hopefully not actually, because that'll mean someone better was injured. hope he stays on the bench.

Yeah, if we see Dane a lot this season, something really bad happened

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 27, 2012 -> 07:46 AM)
It's been talked about before, but Carroll is running the team like he is back in college. If Wilson is better, then he should start, but you can't just throw money at players and then stick them on the bench.

Is that five rookie QBs starting week 1? Luck, Griffin, Weeden, Wilson, & Tannehil?

Bears play 7 rookie or 2nd year QB starters- Luck, Gabbert, Newton, Locker, Ponder x2, Wilson.