2012-2013 NFL Thread

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 11:10 AM)
Clutts and Armando Allen looked great. Don't see the sense in cutting them.

And Okoye is dealing with knee injury. Don't see the sense in bringing him back,

and McCown looked better in one game than Jason Campbell looked in all 3. Yeah, I said it.

Oh you mean Jason "check down" Campbell? McCown isnt even in football shape which is why I think they cut him.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 11:15 AM)
He looked really good for not being in football shape. Had great pocket presence, was good making throws after scrambling, really only had 1 bad throw all night.

Methinks he will be available if the bears end up needing him again. Hopefully they do not ever need him

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 10:35 AM)
So how bout my man Sanzenbacher? Hope he makes it and get a shot to at least show he can play WR at this level.

Last year he showed that he was very good at dropping the ball, so hopefully he worked on that.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 11:32 AM)
Last year he showed that he was very good at dropping the ball, so hopefully he worked on that.

Yet still led the team in TD receptions.

He was never a pass dropper in college so maybe it was a few isolated ones that we just noticed?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 11:40 AM)
Yet still led the team in TD receptions.He was never a pass dropper in college so maybe it was a few isolated ones that we just noticed?

That is a tallest midget stat last season and you know it. He had 6 drops, that is not isolated, that is terrible for the little time he was on the field.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 11:53 AM)
That is a tallest midget stat last season and you know it. He had 6 drops, that is not isolated, that is terrible for the little time he was on the field.

Still works though. He was very consistent in college with his hands, I expect him to be a good bottom of the group WR with a chance to step in if there are injuries. Thats about his ceiling, but thats good enough for me being a huge fan of the kid. I particularly love him because he was surrounded by some complete douchebags who were raping the system at OSU for extra cash and he was never even closely involved.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 11:40 AM)
Yet still led the team in TD receptions.

He was never a pass dropper in college so maybe it was a few isolated ones that we just noticed?

LOL, and I'm sure someone led the Browns & Jaguars in TD receptions last year too.

I don't have the stats in front of me, but I know he was way too high on the list of league leaders in drops, for how little he was on the field relatively.

Sanzenwaddle had too many drops last year but he was a rookie asked to play a part that was way too big for him. With Earl Bennett injured, Sanz should not have been our main slot receiver but he was thrust into that role due to a dearth of Wr talent. With another year under his belt, less pressure and a much reduced role I hope to see him improve this year. Hopefully he works on his blocking for ST.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 12:24 PM)
Jeremy Stoltz ‏@BearReport

Per @McClain_on_NFL, the #Bears have traded FB Tyler Clutts to the Texans for CB Sherrick McManis

Hooray for Northwestern players! Will be nice to balance it out since I don't know if Wootton makes the team (stupid injuries).

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 12:00 PM)
LOL, and I'm sure someone led the Browns & Jaguars in TD receptions last year too.

I don't have the stats in front of me, but I know he was way too high on the list of league leaders in drops, for how little he was on the field relatively.

Ah I was half kidding, give me a break its my birthday.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 10:39 AM)
Reported Bears cuts so far:

McCown

McCoy

Golden

Clutts

Armando Allen (meaning Booker likely to win 3rd RB job).

Reported Bears additions:

Okoye

So who is the 3rd QB? Or are they waiting to see who hits waivers?

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 09:43 AM)
Many NFL experts followed my prediction of the 49ers meeting the Texans in the Superbowl

Not even week 1 and you're making me pull against SF.

So much wnt right for them last season that I wouldn't be shocked if they finished 9-7.