2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Sep 9, 2012 -> 05:29 PM)
Maybe the Niners are better than I though, it is hard to tell if Alex Smith is improving as a QB or the Packers defense sucks.

After 40 minutes, SoxObama's team has definitely looked impressive, which I did not expect.

Not so fast my friends! Seattle granted a timeout they may not have had.

This highlights a rule that I think really needs to be changed. In order to prevent teams from stopping the clock by faking injuries, teams get charged with a timeout for injury stoppages in the last two minutes of a half. That's fine, but they do it even if the clock is already stopped. I really think teams should only get charged a timeout if an injury timeout is called while the clock is running.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 06:55 AM)
This highlights a rule that I think really needs to be changed. In order to prevent teams from stopping the clock by faking injuries, teams get charged with a timeout for injury stoppages in the last two minutes of a half. That's fine, but they do it even if the clock is already stopped. I really think teams should only get charged a timeout if an injury timeout is called while the clock is running.

Carroll was grinning like a Cheshire cat when that happened. he knew what was happening

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Sep 9, 2012 -> 05:29 PM)
Maybe the Niners are better than I though, it is hard to tell if Alex Smith is improving as a QB or the Packers defense sucks.

Maybe a little of both...really a good looking SF team, definitely a strong SuperBowl contender.

Also get the feeling Alex is playing with a chip on his shoulder after the 9ers went hard after Manning.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 11:03 AM)
Packers defense looked bad, but I think they will get better. Lot's of young players on the defense. A lot of miscommunication in the secondary.

It also didnt help that Cedric Benson got 2 per. Where are your other backs?

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 11:03 AM)
Packers defense looked bad, but I think they will get better. Lot's of young players on the defense. A lot of miscommunication in the secondary.

Packers defense is bad. Bad last year, bad this year. I hope they get better, but I'm not counting on it. I think the 12+ win predictions for them are overly optimistic.