2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 19, 2012 -> 02:32 PM)
Brutal week. I just did my straight up confidence picks, ouch.

You have to pick some road teams this week and maybe even an upset or two. Theres only a couple of us left in our pool after last weekend and I'm guessing most will load up on the Bears.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 19, 2012 -> 03:29 PM)
Tough Picks this week, alot of good teams going on the road, and injuries with teams like the Bears may take a toll. I took the Saints at home vs KC.

me too.

If New Orleans loses this game then they have no hope in making the playoffs. Probably slim right now but their season will spiral out of control with a loss this week.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 10:43 AM)
So that Seahawk player is getting fined for a legal hit?

Yep, and its bulls***

http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawksblog/...locksunday.html

and the rule states a player is defenseless when chasing another player and cannot be struck above the shoulders. On that link you can see in the picture he clearly is hitting Lee square in the chest.

It sucks for Lee, because he was really blasted, but it was a legal hit

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 21, 2012 -> 11:09 AM)
He didn't look all that hot down the stretch last year...

No he didnt. The league definitely has adjusted, now you have to wonder if he will adjust as well. He definitely has the tools

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 23, 2012 -> 03:20 PM)
Detroit Wow! Where's Stafford?

Updated Sep. 23: Matthew Stafford left Sunday's game against the Titans late in the fourth quarter with a strained leg muscle and will not return. Stafford injured the leg while attempting to chase down a defender after Brandon Pettigrew was stripped for a fumble return touchdown. Stafford was limping noticeably on the sideline late in the game, and it will be a situation to monitor this week

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 23, 2012 -> 03:58 PM)
Welp, New Orleans lost, so I would have been out of my survivor league anymore. All is forgiven, Gostkowski.

In other news, my dad and my uncle made it through yet another week. Half the league lost with NE last week, and like 1/3 of the league lost with NO this week. Upsets killing this league.

Yup it's shaping out to be fascinating season. Half the 'experts' were riding the SF bandwagon as of last weekend.