2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 23, 2012 -> 03:58 PM)
Welp, New Orleans lost, so I would have been out of my survivor league anymore. All is forgiven, Gostkowski.

In other news, my dad and my uncle made it through yet another week. Half the league lost with NE last week, and like 1/3 of the league lost with NO this week. Upsets killing this league.

My Dad already won his survivor league after Week 2. This season has been ridiculous. I've never quite seen anything like it.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 24, 2012 -> 12:41 AM)
I'm starting to get sick of Hester.

There. I said it.

Im with you. He shouldnt be in goal line packages ever again, especially when you have Jeffery and Bennett on the team. That was a easy TD that he missed yesterday if either of those two were targeted

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 24, 2012 -> 06:08 AM)
Im with you. He shouldnt be in goal line packages ever again, especially when you have Jeffery and Bennett on the team. That was a easy TD that he missed yesterday if either of those two were targeted

I don't mind him getting some snaps in general on offense but I do agree in the redzone his usefulness is not where it's needed.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Sep 24, 2012 -> 06:24 AM)
I don't mind him getting some snaps in general on offense but I do agree in the redzone his usefulness is not where it's needed.

I dont mind if they are moving from the 20 and want to try a reverse or do something to let him play with some open field in front of him. He will just always lack that certain polish that true WRs have, and on plays like that missed TD it is glaring

I'm pretty excited about the Bears. Must be the only one, but the defense has looked amazing and I expected the offense to struggle early as it created its identity. I expect it to potentially have a couple down games, but as a whole, continue to improve to the point where it is a top 10 offense in this league. This will be a very good football team by season end.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 24, 2012 -> 09:46 AM)
I'm pretty excited about the Bears. Must be the only one, but the defense has looked amazing and I expected the offense to struggle early as it created its identity. I expect it to potentially have a couple down games, but as a whole, continue to improve to the point where it is a top 10 offense in this league. This will be a very good football team by season end.

I agree with you. As long as the defense stays healthy, that unit is going to keep us in games. And as the offense begins to piece it together (and get Forte back), we're going to be alright. After the Packers game it was easy to be all doom and gloom about the Bears, but if you look around the league, no one has been that great so far with the exception of the Falcons. And they don't scare me too much. They're one dimensional on offense (albeit with an excellent passing game), and the defense is playing way beyond their talent-level (though Mike Nolan has done a fantastic job with them so far).

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 24, 2012 -> 10:46 AM)

Honestly the offense wasn't any better than last week with exception we faced a crappier team. Cutler has played like s*** even when given time the last 2 games and when the Colts got a little pressure early he even started like s*** that game. The defense was very good and we have got a lot of sacks last 2 games which is a plus.

The Cowboys are 2-1 but like us it hasn't been the prettiest path the last 2 weeks so hopefully we come out and beat them and can go into bye week with a 4-1 record (Just assuming we beat Jags).

Edited by GoodAsGould

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Sep 24, 2012 -> 08:51 AM)
Honestly the offense wasn't any better than last week with exception we faced a crappier team. Cutler has played like s*** even when given time the last 2 games and when the Colts got a little pressure early he even started like s*** that game. The defense was very good and we have got a lot of sacks last 2 games which is a plus.

The Cowboys are 2-1 but like us it hasn't been the prettiest path the last 2 weeks so hopefully we come out and beat them and can go into bye week with a 4-1 record (Just assuming we beat Jags).

Had they caught the ball, Cutler would have thrown at a 60% completion rate with zero picks and there would have been more points on the board. Cutler wasn't great, but he wasn't terrible either. Offense struggled to generate points and is still not playing crisp, but given the multitude of new personell, I expect it to take time. There were also a couple incompletions where Cutler had to immediately throw the ball away. I was tracking his passes and outside of a throw to Bennett, there wasn't much that Cutler missed on. There were a couple of times where he forced the ball to Marshall, but as a whole, he played relatively efficient given the drops, etc.

Average game.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 24, 2012 -> 10:58 AM)
Had they caught the ball, Cutler would have thrown at a 60% completion rate with zero picks and there would have been more points on the board. Cutler wasn't great, but he wasn't terrible either. Offense struggled to generate points and is still not playing crisp, but given the multitude of new personell, I expect it to take time. There were also a couple incompletions where Cutler had to immediately throw the ball away. I was tracking his passes and outside of a throw to Bennett, there wasn't much that Cutler missed on. There were a couple of times where he forced the ball to Marshall, but as a whole, he played relatively efficient given the drops, etc.

Average game.

Well maybe you are just an optimistic person lol, I didn't leave that game feeling positive about our offense. I do think next week will be telling, we always play like s*** vs Packers and on top of that they are a very good team and we weren't really tested week 1 plus short week. But, the Cowboys are just a good team not great by any means and if the Bears can come out and handle business it will have me feeling much better about their chances this season. If they come out and display another poor outing I'm going to be thinking 8-8 type team.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 24, 2012 -> 10:27 PM)
LOL at these refs. As a Bears fan I love that Sam Shields just got called for PI when he had perfect coverage and it was clearly offensive pass interference if anything but these refs are a joke. Random fans from the stands couldn't do any worse.

seems like they get worse each week too. i was expecting improvement.