2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 4, 2012 -> 10:14 PM)
This team absolutely f***ing sucks at tackling. So many extra yards/first downs allowed because they can't make a f***ing stop. Hate this team right now.

So what you are saying here is, Collinsworths microcosm observation of Demarcus Ware is right?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 4, 2012 -> 11:31 PM)
So what you are saying here is, Collinsworths microcosm observation of Demarcus Ware is right?

I didn't say what he had said was wrong, I just said I hate how he tries to make a microcosm out of everything he sees. He could have said "You see, that guy in the 19th row of Section C, lowerbowl just paid for $8 for a beer, and then spilled half of it on his leg. That's a snapshot of the Dallas season, spending all that money just to end up throwing half of it away and coming up looking like an idiot. I guess you could say the glass is half empty, huh Al? HAR HAR HAR HAR", and he wouldn't be wrong either, just annoying how he thinks he is being so clever and poetic when he sees things like that.

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 4, 2012 -> 10:36 PM)
I didn't say what he had said was wrong, I just said I hate how he tries to make a microcosm out of everything he sees. He could have said "You see, that guy in the 19th row of Section C, lowerbowl just paid for $8 for a beer, and then spilled half of it on his leg. That's a snapshot of the Dallas season, spending all that money just to end up throwing half of it away and coming up looking like an idiot. I guess you could say the glass is half empty, huh Al? HAR HAR HAR HAR", and he wouldn't be wrong either, just annoying how he thinks he is being so clever and poetic when he sees things like that.

It wasnt clever or poetic, it was dead on. And four posts later you even said so yourself

Collinsworth is annoying, but he usually is honest in his criticism

Just got back home from Nashville. The Bears game today was so freaking awesome. And LP Field had to be 40% Bears fans. The Titans fans behind me were saying they'd never seen anything like it. Made me proud to be a Bears fan.

Oh, and we set a LP Field record for points scored... The Titans post-game show was calling this the worst loss in Titans history (granted, that only consists of 15 seasons).

Edited by dasox24

Just got back home from Nashville. The Bears game today was so freaking awesome. And LP Field had to be 40% Bears fans. The Titans fans behind me were saying they'd never seen anything like it. Made me proud to be a Bears fan.

Oh, and we set a LP Field record for points scored... The Titans post-game show was calling this the worst loss in Titans history (granted, that only consists of 15 seasons).

no way. In 2009 the Titans lost to the Patriots 59-0

I don't watch a whole lot of NFL, I don't think I've even watched more than 30 minutes of 1 Bears game- but I've been saying since week 3 that this is a Super Bowl team.

I think this Bears team is a favorite to beat anybody except Green Bay. The Packers somehow manage to neutralize the defensive turnover machine.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Nov 4, 2012 -> 12:56 PM)
I don't watch a whole lot of NFL, I don't think I've even watched more than 30 minutes of 1 Bears game- but I've been saying since week 3 that this is a Super Bowl team.

This is just a weird, silly post.

I would put 49ers ahead of Houston for sure and maybe even Atlanta. Might put the Packers up there too. They're on a roll right now and the losses to Indy and Seattle don't look quite as bad as they did at the time.

The Bears vs 49ers game will be a preview of the NFC Championship.. I believe by the end of the year they will be the two top teams in the NFL.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Nov 5, 2012 -> 08:38 AM)
The Bears vs 49ers game will be a preview of the NFC Championship.. I believe by the end of the year they will be the two top teams in the NFL.

With Atlanta already 8-0, they have to be the favorites for the #1 seed, even if they are not the best team. That would mean the Bears/49ers would be more likely to meet in Divisional Playoff round. And I'm not ready to count the Packers out of the NFC North race either, not with the way the Bears offensive line is still struggling.

QUOTE (Carter224 @ Nov 4, 2012 -> 09:59 PM)
Im picking EVERY game each week. Straight up winners. I still have Dallas and New Orleans to go this week, and the only game I missed was picking Washington. If my picks hold, this will be the third week this season I only picked one game wrong. Ive made about $350 so far.

Oh, straight-up winners is much different...boooo

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Nov 4, 2012 -> 10:36 PM)
Good job bud. I had a Bears/Packers/Texans parlay that hit today. Won $160

I had a 6 team parlay for fun...hit the first 5 in the morning...had the Raiders in the afternoon -2....then they allowed Doug Martin to run through them like it was a high school game...$1500 down the drain...boo hoo.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 5, 2012 -> 08:03 AM)
I think this Bears team is a favorite to beat anybody except Green Bay. The Packers somehow manage to neutralize the defensive turnover machine.

I agree...we can't ever slow down the long blonde-haired guy...

Current injured players for the Packers.

Jordy Nelson

Brian Bulaga

Greg Jennings

John Kuhn

Sam Shields

Nick Perry

Jerel Worthy

Charles Woodson

Cedric Benson

Frank Zombo

Clay Matthews

Never been so excited for a bye week.

I agree...we can't ever slow down the long blonde-haired guy...

Matthews is a beast, but it's really Green Bay's offense and special teams that kill the Bears. Their offense never turns the ball over and their punter neutralizes Hester. The Bears offense never gets a short field to work with, unlike every other opponent where the Bears have a couple 10-yard scoring drives and/or the defense just goes ahead and scores. The Bears could very well end up 13-3 with two losses to Green Bay and lose the division on tiebreaker.