2012-2013 NFL Thread

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Nov 11, 2012 -> 11:01 PM)
We have to rebuild the whole offense, I don't think one Olinemen is going to make any difference. I'm just questioning whether or not its smart to extend Jay for 3-4 years now while he puts up a 1:1 TD/Int ratio and a completion % that is amongst the worst in the league.

You really don't see how fixing the line will fix thing? Really?

Ditch number 23 after this season. Sign a FA lineman. Draft one or two plus a linebacker.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Nov 11, 2012 -> 10:58 PM)
I'm a bears fan but there is no more obnoxious or stupid fanbase in sports than the Chicago Bears'. Listening to the radio right now just makes me sad.

Bears not upgrading the O-Line year after year makes me sad!

Ditch number 23 after this season. Sign a FA lineman. Draft one or two plus a linebacker.

The O line is not a quick fix. I doubt its just a matter of plugging in one guy. And using the draft is not a guaranteed success, look at Gabe Carimi. Is he lighting the world on fire? no.

We need better Olinemen, we need better TE's, we need another 1 or two WR's even. One draft is not gonna fix this.

I havent even gotten to the coaching yet. I'm losing faith in Tice.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Nov 11, 2012 -> 10:58 PM)
I'm a bears fan but there is no more obnoxious or stupid fanbase in sports than the Chicago Bears'. Listening to the radio right now just makes me sad.

It really is pretty bad.

To anyone who thinks we should let Cutler walk, are you out of your mind? He might not be a top 5 QB but if he had a capable line hed be absolutely fine for what were trying to do. Think of the s*** show at QB the Bears have had since most of us have been alive. I even think just getting Jeffrey back will do wonders for the offense. I dont like Tice as a playcaller and the O line for the most part has been beyond terrible this season but were 7-2. People need to relax and realize we just played a top 5 offense and defense in the rain with our backup qb for the entire 2nd half before we start talking about letting Cutler go.

I didn't say let Cutler go, I said let him play out next year before deciding to extend him. If hes still putting up a 1:1 TD/int ratio and a completion percentage thats near the bottom of the league...Why keep rolling with a guy on the wrong side of 30, who's never been elite, who's had 3 concussions and poor mechanics and questionable decision making?

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Nov 11, 2012 -> 11:07 PM)
The O line is not a quick fix. I doubt its just a matter of plugging in one guy. And using the draft is not a guaranteed success, look at Gabe Carimi. Is he lighting the world on fire? no.

We need better Olinemen, we need better TE's, we need another 1 or two WR's even. One draft is not gonna fix this.

I havent even gotten to the coaching yet. I'm losing faith in Tice.

They dont need any more WRs when Jeffrey is back. They definitely need a TE, but that can probably be addressed in FA. O line can be a quick fix if its done right. Remember when the Bears revamped their line with Tait, Brown and Miller and all of a sudden had one of the better O lines in the league? Get a legit LT and all of a sudden your LG is better, then your center is better etc. Any upgrade on the line can make a difference.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Nov 11, 2012 -> 11:09 PM)
I didn't say let Cutler go, I said let him play out next year before deciding to extend him. If hes still putting up a 1:1 TD/int ratio and a completion percentage thats near the bottom of the league...Why keep rolling with a guy on the wrong side of 30, who's never been elite, who's had 3 concussions and poor mechanics and questionable decision making?

and replace him with who????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

If Marshall goes down youre f***ed anyway. Marshall, Jeffrey, Bennett, a NEW capable receiving TE and Hester to spread the defense from time to time would be very potent behind a good offensive line.

I don't like that one injury to a rookie WR has the ability to completely destroy our passing offense. It shouldn't be this way. Who shall I blame?

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Nov 11, 2012 -> 11:18 PM)
I don't like that one injury to a rookie WR has the ability to completely destroy our passing offense. It shouldn't be this way. Who shall I blame?

Did you even read what I said? I mean I get that you think its fun to troll and everything but I said get a new TE and upgrade the offensive line.

I read what you said but the fact remains that the offense has been regressing on a weekly basis since Alshon went down. Thats inexcusable, he's just a damn rookie.

Hester, Davis, Bennett aren't cutting it.

Edited by RZZZA

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Nov 11, 2012 -> 11:22 PM)
I read what you said but the fact remains that the offense has been regressing on a weekly basis since Alshon went down. Thats inexcusable, he's just a damn rookie.

Last week Cutler threw for 230 yards and 3 tds. If the offensive line was better and they had a legit receiving threat at TE then Marshall, Jeffrey, Bennett would be fine. They also have a lot of money tied up in 2 rb's. The first priority is OL and then TE. The window on the defense is closing fast so its not a good time to play chicken with Cutler over a contract. If someone like Peyton Manning becomes available again and the Bears could afford to sign him then great. Until then Ive seen enough of the Kyle Ortons, Caleb Hanies, Craig Krenzels, Rex Grossmans etc, Cutler is fine and has had some success despite his lack of weapons and blocking that he has had since hes been here.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 01:15 AM)
If Marshall goes down youre f***ed anyway. Marshall, Jeffrey, Bennett, a NEW capable receiving TE and Hester to spread the defense from time to time would be very potent behind a good offensive line.

This.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 01:22 AM)

Don't underestimate the value of Alshon Jeffery, even if he is a rookie he's a 1st round talent and a threat on the outside. If they lineup Jeffery opposite of Marshall and move Bennett to the slot where he's better off the defense can't gang up on BM.

In DrunkBombers situation where they upgrade at TE (Really wish they woulda took a shot at Dewayne Allen in the draft) and upgrade the line you're looking at a juggernaut.

Hey look, Jay Cutler got hurt in a big game!

This was the exact opposite of every other game this season. The Bears played well enough to win, but didn't. They had an INT return for a TD waved off for no apparent reason (he may or may not have been touched, but no one whistled until Jennings was at the 10 yard line which is BS), Marshall dropped one in the endzone, and we coughed the ball up like it was our job.

I'm not too worried. If this were 5 years ago, Jay comes out in the second half. Hopefully he can play against the Niners next week so we're 100% and SOXOBAMA can screw off!

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Nov 11, 2012 -> 11:04 PM)

There is nothing I would love more than for Devin Hester to be gonezo. He needed one more yard on that third down, and instead of running outside and using his speed, he pointlessly runs at the defender and tries to juke him. The look on Cutler's face was priceless.

Oh, and this is the NFL in the year 2012. Kellen Davis needs to go and the Bears need to draft some big f*** playing NCAA hoops and throw him at that position.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 08:27 AM)
Hey look, Jay Cutler got hurt in a big game!

This was the exact opposite of every other game this season. The Bears played well enough to win, but didn't. They had an INT return for a TD waved off for no apparent reason (he may or may not have been touched, but no one whistled until Jennings was at the 10 yard line which is BS), Marshall dropped one in the endzone, and we coughed the ball up like it was our job.

I'm not too worried. If this were 5 years ago, Jay comes out in the second half. Hopefully he can play against the Niners next week so we're 100% and SOXOBAMA can screw off!

Its not like it was BS. Dobbins is going to be getting a fedex package from the NFL this week from that hit

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Nov 11, 2012 -> 11:09 PM)

There's nothing to question about Cutler, if he is willing, you keep him here.

If the O-Line looks like this, I could see Jay Cutler telling the Bears to take a hike.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 09:28 AM)
@BradBiggs

After illegal hit on Jay Cutler, 4 minutes, 57 seconds passed before #Bears next snap w/o concussion evaluation.

Can the Bears get in trouble for this?

I don't think there was any indication that he was having any symptoms until halftime so I doubt it.

This is troubling though. That's concussion #6 I believe for Cutler. Gotta wonder at what point he says I'm gonna go make babies with my hot wife and not be a vegetable the rest of my life.