2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was Carimi I would honestly be embarrassed to walk into the locker room after this game.

What a big fat piece of absolute s***.

And Tice, what the f*** are you doing even dropping back at this point?

Hand the ball off to Bush and get the f*** out of here.

And great, Jeffrey is hurt again.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 19, 2012 -> 11:11 PM)
Are the Niners seriously challenging when they're up 23 with 9 minutes left?

Stop wasting everybody's time Harbaugh.

My heart wants to stab him in the eye with a blunt instrument, but I suppose you never know what might happen.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 19, 2012 -> 11:14 PM)
This is what happens when your coach thinks that average players can handle all-pros 1 on 1.

At some point you have to use a TE to chip or do something. Its criminal that they just leave these lineman out to dry.

It is, but at the same time, they need to learn how to actually block at some point. We can't win anything by running max protect sets all game long.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 19, 2012 -> 11:14 PM)
This is what happens when your coach thinks that average players can handle all-pros 1 on 1.

At some point you have to use a TE to chip or do something. Its criminal that they just leave these lineman out to dry.

Calling these linemen average is an insult to average NFL football players.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 19, 2012 -> 10:14 PM)

We have seen Davis "chip". It isn't a difference

Hey Hester, go home. Stay there

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 19, 2012 -> 10:16 PM)
It is, but at the same time, they need to learn how to actually block at some point. We can't win anything by running max protect sets all game long.

You can do what the 49ers did which is come out with multiple sets in the backfield to keep the defense off guard. You can throw quick passes on first down, you can call plays to take advantage of outside pass rushes.

You dont just simply keep lining up and doing the same thing over and over again.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 19, 2012 -> 10:17 PM)
Calling these linemen average is an insult to average NFL football players.

Hard for me to rate any of the OL individually when they dont even try to make it difficult to pass rush.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 19, 2012 -> 11:23 PM)
You can do what the 49ers did which is come out with multiple sets in the backfield to keep the defense off guard. You can throw quick passes on first down, you can call plays to take advantage of outside pass rushes.

You dont just simply keep lining up and doing the same thing over and over again.

Hard for me to rate any of the OL individually when they dont even try to make it difficult to pass rush.

Yeah, average NFL linemen get thrown 5 yards into the backfield on a consistent basis. It doesn't take much to see that this offensive line is garbage.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Nov 19, 2012 -> 11:26 PM)
Tice great 4th and 1 call................line sucked all night u run a draw with 3rd string RB!

Honestly, they have no business running a no-huddle offense or keeping this many first stringers on the field. I almost had a heart attack when I saw Marshall get up there and wince.

Tice needs to be fired.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 19, 2012 -> 11:29 PM)
Coming into the game tonight the 49ers line had given up more sacks then the Bears.

Coming into the game tonight the Bears defense had more sacks than the 49ers.

Say what you will about those facts, but they are real.

Admit it, Carimi is a BUST

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 19, 2012 -> 10:29 PM)
Admit it, Carimi is a BUST

49 games > 10 with the Bears.

I thought Columbo was a bust, turns out the Bears have a strange ability to destroy lineman.

If the Bears were wrong on Carimi, not much you can do. He won the Outland award, was extremely successful in college at LT. But Im not going to just destroy him because a guy who is breaking sack records had his number.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 19, 2012 -> 10:35 PM)
49 games > 10 with the Bears.

I thought Columbo was a bust, turns out the Bears have a strange ability to destroy lineman.

If the Bears were wrong on Carimi, not much you can do. He won the Outland award, was extremely successful in college at LT. But Im not going to just destroy him because a guy who is breaking sack records had his number.

Well, you keep backing your boy, I understand.

But...

1) Let's not pretend as though NCAA success means anything in the NFL;

and

2) This certainly isn't his first poor game. He consistently makes an ass of himself.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 19, 2012 -> 10:37 PM)
Well, you keep backing your boy, I understand.

But...

1) Let's not pretend as though NCAA success means anything in the NFL;

and

2) This certainly isn't his first poor game. He consistently makes an ass of himself.

Hes played less than 1 season in the NFL. He had better complimentary talent when he was at Wisconsin.

He may suck, but its not helping how bad the rest of the o-line is.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 19, 2012 -> 11:45 PM)
Hes played less than 1 season in the NFL. He had better complimentary talent when he was at Wisconsin.

He may suck, but its not helping how bad the rest of the o-line is.

For sure...they all suck with the exception of Garza.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 19, 2012 -> 10:47 PM)
For sure...they all suck with the exception of Garza.

Its just weird. The whole offensive scheme needs an overhaul. The reality is the bears cant replace every lineman next year, so of all of them, Im willing to give Carimi a shot because Ive actually seen him play well. The rest of the line has never been good ever.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Nov 19, 2012 -> 10:49 PM)
A very nice win today.

Understatement of the year. If you aren't in the NFC title game it's a failure.

I've never been more wrong about a player than I have about Gabe Carimi. Wow. Just horrific. OSU has a much worse college player starting for SF and he was playable. Gabe looked like I would at times.