2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ Nov 21, 2012 -> 03:32 PM)
They're paying Hester too much to only use him on Special Teams.

When you have a guy who can break open a game, get you field position, and force the team to just do generally stupid things simply by standing out there, you aren't paying him too much. If they kick it through the back of the endzone on a punt or out or short on a kickoff, then his presence alone has gained anywhere from 10-20 extra yards based on that alone.

Now, had you said they are PLAYING him too much to use him on special teams, that may be an argument I can support. He had a bit of a resurgence when they took him out of the offense and used him primarily on special teams.

Wow! The offensive line finally shows some fight!

vaughn mcclure@vxmcclure23Chilo Rachal leaves the Bears for personal reasons. James Brown elevated to active roster.

Rachal on reserve/left squad list.

According to multiple sources, Chilo Rachal became upset after being demoted for Chris Spencer, couldn't handle it, and just left.

I am not excusing what Rachal did here, you never leave your team. But I want to know why Rachal is getting demoted for Spencer here, when all we saw on Monday night was Webb and Carimi getting their asses handed to them?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 21, 2012 -> 10:08 PM)
I am not excusing what Rachal did here, you never leave your team. But I want to know why Rachal is getting demoted for Spencer here, when all we saw on Monday night was Webb and Carimi getting their asses handed to them?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Spencer could reasonably provide better blocking than Rachal, but we have absolutely horrid tackles behind our horrid tackles.

Although I honestly think Lance Louis played a better RT last year than Carimi who has just been awful. Absolutely awful.

What I'm hearing second hand from my dad who listened to the radio earlier, re: Rachal

Guy is very emotional and guys on SF knew how to push his buttons. Was getting so wound up he couldn't even play, so he gets benched for Spencer. Gets him even more wound up and he has to leave the team...and no one has spoken to him since. Expected to get released, but I think the team would like to make contact with him first to make sure his mental health is OK

BTW...I love watching a team whose defense rarely loses you a game. But if I'm choosing between the likely cause of loss being defense or a complete inability to stop the pass rush, I'm choosing the former. I hate knowing that on any given day we may give up 5+ sacks and have even more plays completely wrecked by poor blocking and/or scheming. Such hard football to watch.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 22, 2012 -> 12:20 PM)
They actually use a 1st round draft pick on a tackle, and he sucks it up.

I'm not giving up on him yet. Hasn't even played a full year yet, right?

At least Webb keeps getting chance after chance.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 22, 2012 -> 12:24 PM)
I'm not giving up on him yet. Hasn't even played a full year yet, right?

At least Webb keeps getting chance after chance.

I agree, he has only played 12 NFL games, but he just looks SOOO bad at times, he has a long way to go.