2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 22, 2012 -> 01:54 PM)
See my post above. Touchdowns are automatically reviewed but if you throw the flag before the review it is not reviewable and the automatic review no longer happens.

Exactly, and you get a 15 yard penalty. Same thing with turnovers I believe. Stupid, stupid rule, but called 100% correctly.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 23, 2012 -> 03:06 PM)
Schwartz is an idiot.

Also the NFL is overreacting here. Its not very hard to understand the rule of "automatic challenge".

I can see why they would have written the rule the way they did when they were making the replays automatic on turnovers and scoring plays. They're helping the coaches out, the coaches need to know the rules.

In hindsight now though, you gotta change it to something like a fine when you do that, you can't decide entire football games on a coach forgetting that he only should throw a flag on a non-scoring play.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 23, 2012 -> 02:11 PM)
It should be penalty, but not negate the automatic review.

agreed, but damn Schwartz, someone needs to tell you that THIS JUST HAPPENED TO MIKE SMITH IN ATLANTA THIS WEEKEND

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 23, 2012 -> 03:11 PM)

They'll very likely change the rule to exactly this next offseason. I can't imagine anyone would have guessed that the coaches would know the rule so poorly when they wrote the rule, but there you go.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 23, 2012 -> 03:11 PM)

I would have it be a 15 yard penalty plus a loss of a challenge. The fact that the play wasn't automatically reviewed yesterday was absolutely ridiculous. Schwartz has to know the rule but at the same time that rule is just remarkably stupid.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 23, 2012 -> 02:49 PM)
That would make a lot more sense then ruining a game because a coach is dumb.

The real question is, can coaches be so stupid that this happens again?

Yes. Throwing out the challenge flag on a to or touchdown has happened almost every week, it's ridiculous.

Edited by Rowand44