2012-2013 NFL Thread

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 12:44 PM)
No. We're discussing his value to the Bears relative to other quarterbacks.

You have turned into an outright troll.

LOL. You clearly have no idea what a troll is man. Nooo idea.

And is this very article NOT being discussed here?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--jay-cutl...-020935212.html

Is this very comment not suggesting his value around the league, considering THE LEAGUE is used in his comment?

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 12:12 PM)
Trent Dilfer said last night that if you don't judge QBs by stats but judge them by the number of their team's flaws they cover up, Cutler might be the best QB in the league.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 11:52 AM)

Is this very comment not suggesting his value around the league, considering THE LEAGUE is used in his comment?

If you are so certain of what we are discussing, then why did you have to ask the question in the first place?

And for what purpose?

Oh no, not trolling at all...

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 12:16 PM)
LOL. Is Cutler as a possible MVP or best QB in the league really being discussed here?

Yes, because he is the only player to date that has been able to successfully challenge that silly and ridiculous NFL rule of being out of bounds when it's only by a slight amount.

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 12:55 PM)
If you are so certain of what we are discussing, then why did you have to ask the question in the first place?

And for what purpose?

Oh no, not trolling at all...

The word "really" means I am questioning the seriousness of the topic actually being discussed. I didn't say "Is Cutler for MVP being discussed here?", that would be an actual question. But I said "Is Cutler for MVP REALLY being discussed here?", as in "I can't believe this conversation would ever take place, that's ridiculous".

And if you want an example of trolling, look at these....

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 01:05 PM)
Yes, because he is the only player to date that has been able to successfully challenge that silly and ridiculous NFL rule of being out of bounds when it's only by a slight amount.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 12:46 PM)
No, we're discussing how to amend the rules so that the first 6" of the boundary lines are subjective and left to the officials to decide if it should count or not.

See, those are responses that have nothing to do with what's being talked about, and are said to try and elicit a response out of me and change the conversation. THAT is considered trolling, not questioning why anyone could possibly even consider Cutler could be in the discussion for MVP.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 01:32 PM)
The word "really" means I am questioning the seriousness of the topic actually being discussed. I didn't say "Is Cutler for MVP being discussed here?", that would be an actual question. But I said "Is Cutler for MVP REALLY being discussed here?", as in "I can't believe this conversation would ever take place, that's ridiculous".

And if you want an example of trolling, look at these....

See, those are responses that have nothing to do with what's being talked about, and are said to try and elicit a response out of me and change the conversation. THAT is considered trolling, not questioning why anyone could possibly even consider Cutler could be in the discussion for MVP.

Thats funny, here is you yesterday bringing it up out of the blue to elicit a response from Bears fans

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 25, 2012 -> 01:19 PM)
His knee hit out-of-bounds about 1/50th of a second after his foot hit in bounds, and according to the ruling on the Dez Bryant finger roll, it shouldn't be a TD.

and the followup response when asked why you were trolling that point

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 25, 2012 -> 01:29 PM)
Wow, a Bears fan thinks his team should have had the TD?

This is my shocked face.

fc2a5bd158cd24d34496dff86d7d6407_view.jp

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 11:52 AM)

Yes it is. Did you bother to see who he was actually quoting?

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 11:12 AM)
Trent Dilfer said last night that if you don't judge QBs by stats but judge them by the number of their team's flaws they cover up, Cutler might be the best QB in the league.

I don't think Hickory was suggesting that Cutler is the best QB in the league, he merely made mention of the fact that Trent Dilfer, who has been a huge, huge critic of Cutler over the past couple years, suggested that Cutler might be the best QB in the league with regards to covering up the flaws of a team. The Bears are 8-3 but I can't see them with even 5 wins with anybody but Jay Cutler playing QB.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 08:54 AM)
I don't. I was telling several of my friends yesterday that I really don't think many outside of Chicago put together just how good Cutler is because he doesn't put up big numbers. But when you watch this team play with Cutler versus watching this team play with another quarterback, the difference is glaring. We go from a team that wins by 10-20 points with Cutler to a team that loses and often loses big without him.

Now he'll never win the award because that is going to go to a guy with the gaudy statistics. But it's incredible just how good this guy is right now...making this piece of s*** offense work with this piece of s*** playcalling...

I think with a competent line, Cutler's a guy who can put up a 90-95 QB rating. Which is definitely better than the mid 80s he's been putting up in recent years. But I don't think we should act that Jay is one of the top 5 QBs in pro football. He's not. He's got the talent to do it, but there's still aspects of his play that make you scratch your head (inconsistency in his accuracy, inability to make elite level reads which usually lead to interceptions, too slow to pull the trigger at times). Cutler's my favorite Bears player and probably my favorite Bears QB of all time. But if we're going to deem Cutler as elite, I just don't see it.

And I also don't think it's fair that we're judging Cutler based on backup QB play. Let's face it, Caleb Hanie is f***ing awful and Jason Campbell looked like a not so turnover friendly version of Caleb Hanie. A bad line is part of it, but the throws Campbell was making when he had time were mostly inaccurate. Neither seem like they're replacement level backup QBs.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 02:36 PM)
Thats funny, here is you yesterday bringing it up out of the blue to elicit a response from Bears fans

and the followup response when asked why you were trolling that point

That wasn't eliciting a response from Bears fans, it was comparing a very close call that was being reviewed to a previous very close call in the season that was extremely similar. That was a very appropriate comment for the situation. I don't see how talking about Dez Bryant is somehow trolling Bears fans, it wasn't against the Cowboys, so I don't see how that's even close to trolling Bears fans.

And no one "asked why I was trolling", the response was...

"Do you try or is it natural?"

Which I took as him trying to say I was stupid or an idiot, or whatever other type of namecalling you want to infer, but either way it was clear he was in disagreement with me, and it was a TD, to which I replied that it was no surprise that a BEARS FAN would agree with a call that goes FOR THE BEARS.

I hope you don't hurt your arm while you were reaching so far for these.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 01:36 PM)
Lance Louis placed on IR, done for the year.

Jared Allen needs to get fined at least 50K for what he did. Maybe one of the o-line men will attempt for payback two weeks from now.

Now the Bears are down an actually competent offensive guard. Hopefully, Carimi got his wake up call and will play well at the position.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 02:47 PM)
Yes it is. Did you bother to see who he was actually quoting?

I don't think Hickory was suggesting that Cutler is the best QB in the league, he merely made mention of the fact that Trent Dilfer, who has been a huge, huge critic of Cutler over the past couple years, suggested that Cutler might be the best QB in the league with regards to covering up the flaws of a team. The Bears are 8-3 but I can't see them with even 5 wins with anybody but Jay Cutler playing QB.

I read it as him saying Trent Dilfer said "you don't judge QBs by stats but judge them by the number of their team's flaws they cover up", and Hickory's interpretation of that was that Cutler might be the best QB in the league. If none of that was Hickory's opinion, and all of it was Trent Dilfer, then I apologize to Hickory for misreading his comments.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 11:15 AM)
Wow, Trent Dilfer said something positive about Cutler? What is this world coming to?

Seriously. If Trent Dilfer is saying good things about Cutler, then you know something's up.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 02:51 PM)
Seriously. If Trent Dilfer is saying good things about Cutler, then you know something's up.

It may have been posted here already, but I saw a video on Deadspin of Tom Jackson or one of the analysts talking crap about Cutler for not saying hello to the guys he passed walking through the stadium. Was a really weird and out of place rant.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 01:54 PM)
It may have been posted here already, but I saw a video on Deadspin of Tom Jackson or one of the analysts talking crap about Cutler for not saying hello to the guys he passed walking through the stadium. Was a really weird and out of place rant.

Saw that too. ESPN journalism at its finest.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 01:47 PM)
That wasn't eliciting a response from Bears fans, it was comparing a very close call that was being reviewed to a previous very close call in the season that was extremely similar. That was a very appropriate comment for the situation. I don't see how talking about Dez Bryant is somehow trolling Bears fans, it wasn't against the Cowboys, so I don't see how that's even close to trolling Bears fans.

Which I took as him trying to say I was stupid or an idiot, or whatever other type of namecalling you want to infer, but either way it was clear he was in disagreement with me, and it was a TD, to which I replied that it was no surprise that a BEARS FAN would agree with a call that goes FOR THE BEARS.

Then why do you suppose people just jump down your throat as soon as you post in here or the Technology thread? Do you really think what you post is thought-provoking and that is why it causes such a stir?

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 01:47 PM)

Im not arguing with you about it, its pretty obvious. You are being almost unanimously called out as a troll, so you can either stop, or take a break. your decision.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 03:09 PM)
Then why do you suppose people just jump down your throat as soon as you post in here or the Technology thread? Do you really think what you post is thought-provoking and that is why it causes such a stir?

The Apple stuff I post could easily be considered trolling, I don't deny that.

But saying the Spaeth TD should not have been ruled one based off a similar call earlier in the year is NOT trolling. This is the NFL thread, not the Bears thread. Just because it's dominated by mostly Bears fans doesn't mean I have to see things in favor of the Bears. I'm not even a Packers and Lions or Vikings fan, I have no reason to try and disagree with Bears fans either.

NOT trolling.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 03:10 PM)
Im not arguing with you about it, its pretty obvious. You are being almost unanimously called out as a troll, so you can either stop, or take a break. your decision.

Unanimously being called a troll by Bears fans who disagree with my viewpoint because it wouldn't be in favor of the Bears. Yep. I don't see the problem there.

And my bad, I forgot I was arguing with an Admin. I realize it's not tolerated to disagree with you, for fear of being banned or "put on a break." Sometimes I forget the class levels of hierarchy here and who I can and cannot disagree with.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 02:13 PM)
The Apple stuff I post could easily be considered trolling, I don't deny that.

But saying the Spaeth TD should not have been ruled one based off a similar call earlier in the year is NOT trolling. This is the NFL thread, not the Bears thread. Just because it's dominated by mostly Bears fans doesn't mean I have to see things in favor of the Bears. I'm not even a Packers and Lions or Vikings fan, I have no reason to try and disagree with Bears fans either.

NOT trolling.

The Spaeth play was a matter of whether his second foot came down in the end zone prior to his knee being down out of bounds...there was one angle which very clearly showed his second foot came down in the end zone before the knee hit down out of bounds. The question was not whether the touchdown should count regardless of whether the second foot came down first, as you seemed to imply in the Dez Bryant catch, where it was entirely clear and obvious that his right hand came down out of bounds first. The two catches were not at all similar except for the fact that they both occurred in or around the end zone.

I don't have a clue why you would bring up the Dez Bryant situation as a result of seeing the Spaeth play, if not just for the sake of trolling, which about six other people seem to think you were.

One was a clear touchdown, one was clearly not a touchdown, both were ruled upon conclusively by the referees without controversy.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 02:17 PM)
Unanimously being called a troll by Bears fans who disagree with my viewpoint because it wouldn't be in favor of the Bears. Yep. I don't see the problem there.

And my bad, I forgot I was arguing with an Admin. I realize it's not tolerated to disagree with you, for fear of being banned or "put on a break." Sometimes I forget the class levels of hierarchy here and who I can and cannot disagree with.

GMAB, if I actually threatened and acted like that, you would have been suspended a long time ago for the pet thread. Take your big brother bulls*** elsewhere