2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (zenryan @ Nov 27, 2012 -> 10:19 PM)
If a horrible defense like the Eagles let him go then you know he isnt worth picking up.

It's a lost season and they're saving money.

Dude had 18 sacks last year and 13 the year before - I'd say he still has some talent despite that ship sinking. No team should ignore him.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 27, 2012 -> 11:23 PM)
They had the first overall pick in the year that the best quarterback prospect since the other guy entered the league, that was very lucky. Had that been, say, the 2005 draft? Or the 2002 draft? Not as much.

So you couldn't see the Chiefs bringing in a new coaching staff, drafting Matt Barkley, and being good next year, with that defense and some of that talent they have on offense?

The difference between being good and bad is really not all that much in the NFL.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 27, 2012 -> 11:23 PM)
They had the first overall pick in the year that the best quarterback prospect since the other guy entered the league, that was very lucky. Had that been, say, the 2005 draft? Or the 2002 draft? Not as much.

So you couldn't see the Chiefs bringing in a new coaching staff, drafting Matt Barkley, and being good next year, with that defense and some of that talent they have on offense?

The difference between being good and bad is really not all that much in the NFL.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 28, 2012 -> 09:36 AM)

I honestly don't like Barkley that much. He's not a bad QB, but I don't feel he shows great poise and awareness in the pocket. I think he is more on the lines of someone like Sam Bradford.

But I agree otherwise, it can be one or two breaks a game. The Bills are 2 plays away from being 6-5 right now as opposed to 4-7 and, for all intents and purposes, out of the playoffs. They're also 2 plays away from being 2-9 instead of 4-7 and a new coaching staff and front office management team coming in. You can pretty much do this for every single team in the NFL.

It's a tight margin.

The Bills are 2 plays away from being 6-5 right now as opposed to 4-7 and, for all intents and purposes, out of the playoffs. They're also 2 plays away from being 2-9 instead of 4-7 and a new coaching staff and front office management team coming in. You can pretty much do this for every single team in the NFL.

Except the Bears. Neither their wins nor their losses are very close. I guess you could say the Houston game was close but the Bears were pretty much sunk without Cutler in the second half.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 28, 2012 -> 11:16 AM)
Except the Bears. Neither their wins nor their losses are very close. I guess you could say the Houston game was close but the Bears were pretty much sunk without Cutler in the second half.

Panthers and Lions were both pretty close.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 28, 2012 -> 11:11 AM)
I honestly don't like Barkley that much. He's not a bad QB, but I don't feel he shows great poise and awareness in the pocket. I think he is more on the lines of someone like Sam Bradford.

But I agree otherwise, it can be one or two breaks a game. The Bills are 2 plays away from being 6-5 right now as opposed to 4-7 and, for all intents and purposes, out of the playoffs. They're also 2 plays away from being 2-9 instead of 4-7 and a new coaching staff and front office management team coming in. You can pretty much do this for every single team in the NFL.

It's a tight margin.

Agreed on all of this.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 28, 2012 -> 12:16 PM)

Well, this is a perfect example.

How good are the Bears with Cutler?

How good are they without Cutler?

How good might the Chiefs be with a solid QB?

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 28, 2012 -> 12:11 PM)

It's a tight margin.

I'm personally hoping the Chiefs prefer Smith over Barkley and then draft someone like Hopkins/Austin/Woods/Patterson at WR in the 2nd

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 28, 2012 -> 12:18 PM)
Considering how well Palmer/Leinart/Sanchez have done in the NFL, I would be a bit worried about drafting Barkley high.

I disagree with lumping Palmer in with those two. He was pretty good before the injury.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 28, 2012 -> 06:18 PM)
Considering how well Palmer/Leinart/Sanchez have done in the NFL, I would be a bit worried about drafting Barkley high.

I would stay away from Aaron Rodgers, did you see how poorly Kyle Boller did? Yeesh.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Nov 28, 2012 -> 01:57 PM)
I disagree with lumping Palmer in with those two. He was pretty good before the injury.

Didnt he really only have that one good year that was ended with the injury? IIRC the rest of his career has been much of the same, very up and down with a lot of picks

QUOTE (Boogua @ Nov 28, 2012 -> 01:57 PM)

He was definitely better than the other two, but even before the injury you always knew that Pick-6 was coming.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 28, 2012 -> 01:59 PM)
I would stay away from Aaron Rodgers, did you see how poorly Kyle Boller did? Yeesh.

I bet the Packers regret not using that drafting strategy in 2005. Or maybe that's me wishing they had?

I'm not saying that Barkley is a guaranteed bust. But with those recent flops from the same program, I would definitely do extra homework to make sure he's not of a similar mold.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 28, 2012 -> 02:11 PM)
Didnt he really only have that one good year that was ended with the injury? IIRC the rest of his career has been much of the same, very up and down with a lot of picks

He had 3 good years (out of his first 4 as a starter) and then the injury happened. 3800 yards and a QB rating of 101, 4000 yards and a QB rating of 94, and then 4100 yards and a QB rating of 87. He made two pro bowls in that time period. Back then 4000 yards was rarer than it is today.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 28, 2012 -> 09:16 PM)
He was definitely better than the other two, but even before the injury you always knew that Pick-6 was coming.

I bet the Packers regret not using that drafting strategy in 2005. Or maybe that's me wishing they had?

I'm not saying that Barkley is a guaranteed bust. But with those recent flops from the same program, I would definitely do extra homework to make sure he's not of a similar mold.

It's a different coach than the previous 3.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 28, 2012 -> 09:17 PM)
Getting down to the wire in my elimination league. Picked the Bears at home vs Sea.

Tough call. Seahawks played us really well last year. Not confident in a W this week.