2012-2013 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 9, 2012 -> 03:02 PM)
That doesn't seem odd to me, I feel like guys with concussions show up on the sidelines fairly often but they'll take their helmets away or something like that.

Lights, noise, strong emotions, and critical thinking all have rather negative effects on concussion recovery.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 9, 2012 -> 04:36 PM)
Lovies greatest sin has been the inability to find an effective offensive playcaller

Norv Turner PLZ

Better OL PLZ

Better TE PLZ

Seriously. Grab Norv, sign an OLman, draft an OLman 1st round, and get a damn TE. This team has the pieces sans an OL, the D still might have a year or 2 window left in them so get a god damn competent OL in here.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 9, 2012 -> 01:09 PM)
So the offense caught two touchdowns, dropped two touchdowns, and gave away two touchdowns

Yep. Two straight weeks where the offense has driven the ball and not gotten s*** to show for it. Pathetic. Cutler was incredible.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 9, 2012 -> 05:13 PM)
Yep. Two straight weeks where the offense has driven the ball and not gotten s*** to show for it. Pathetic. Cutler was incredible.

I don't know about that. While that pick-six hit off Marshall's hands, that was a major overthrow. He had another overthrow that hit a Vikings DB in the chest. He played better than the numbers show, but he wasn't incredible. (And I'm a founding member of the Cutler fan club)

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 9, 2012 -> 03:18 PM)
I don't know about that. While that pick-six hit off Marshall's hands, that was a major overthrow. He had another overthrow that hit a Vikings DB in the chest. He played better than the numbers show, but he wasn't incredible. (And I'm a founding member of the Cutler fan club)

That overthrow went off Marshall's hands (and should have been caught). The only bad throw he really made was the pick six. Maybe 2 other throws that he should have had. Bears come down with the ball and he has 3 td's to 1 pick at a minimum. Possibly more.

And I'm considering the crap he has around him. But as a whole, Cutler had a good game (stats or whatever might say one thing, but he made the throws). Bears execution is brutal.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Dec 9, 2012 -> 05:44 PM)
Kellen Davis and Devin Hester.

Armando Allen on a 3rd & 1

and many lulz were had

Dont forget Nick Roach. He was the personal highway for the AP Truck for the first quarter

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 9, 2012 -> 05:45 PM)
That overthrow went off Marshall's hands (and should have been caught). The only bad throw he really made was the pick six. Maybe 2 other throws that he should have had. Bears come down with the ball and he has 3 td's to 1 pick at a minimum. Possibly more.

And I'm considering the crap he has around him. But as a whole, Cutler had a good game (stats or whatever might say one thing, but he made the throws). Bears execution is brutal.

Cutler should have had 3 TDs and 2 INTs, but even the first INT, it was a result of Jeffery falling on a timing route(with contact provided by the intercepting player), really tough to blame Cutler there. Of course, he did almost throw another pick which bounced off of the CBs chest.

Brutal game. The defense played awful for a crucial 1st quarter, and the Wide Recievers again couldnt help Cutler out when needed.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 9, 2012 -> 03:48 PM)
Cutler should have had 3 TDs and 2 INTs, but even the first INT, it was a result of Jeffery falling on a timing route(with contact provided by the intercepting player), really tough to blame Cutler there. Of course, he did almost throw another pick which bounced off of the CBs chest.

Brutal game. The defense played awful for a crucial 1st quarter, and the Wide Recievers again couldnt help Cutler out when needed.

Well my point was 1 pick on Cutler (which was fully on him).

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 9, 2012 -> 06:45 PM)
Dont forget Nick Roach. He was the personal highway for the AP Truck for the first quarter

You guys are being a bit harsh...he had a 52 yard run first play from scrimmage and then had 100 yards for the rest of th game. I thought he made Conte his b**** a hell of a lot more than Roach. Thought Geno Hayes played fine too.

Tough to blame this one on the defense. They had one very poor drive (first of the game), but played well after that.

Our offense is f***ing pathetic.

Mehh, the players were at fault but its hard not to see a more systemic problem at this point. Hate to be 'one of those guys' but this team fails consistently in games that matter which is a problem that points to coaching. Lovie Smith keeps losing to the Packers and ultimately I think that more than anything will get him fired after this year. Nevermind another collapse after a great start to a season...he just can't seem to beat the Packers. He can't seem to find or keep a decent OC, his teams are consistently ranked near the bottom in offense and his defense is quite average imo, elite QB's pick it apart even when everyone is healthy. The Bears mantra of using the running game, STs and defense have fallen completely apart, not one of those 3 phases is good any more.

It might just be time to part ways with the HC and by extension the OC as well. Losing to the Packers next week will all but guarantee Lovie's dismissal

Edited by RZZZA

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 9, 2012 -> 05:54 PM)
You guys are being a bit harsh...he had a 52 yard run first play from scrimmage and then had 100 yards for the rest of th game. I thought he made Conte his b**** a hell of a lot more than Roach. Thought Geno Hayes played fine too.

Tough to blame this one on the defense. They had one very poor drive (first of the game), but played well after that.

Our offense is f***ing pathetic.

I did say first quarter. And if you watch the 52 yard run, it happens because Roach gets blown up by I believe Loadholt, and then AP took off and Conte took a really bad angle.

Geno Hayes was fine. I didnt hear his name much but he did have a nice tackle for loss that I remember.

he had a 52 yard run first play from scrimmage and then had 100 yards for the rest of th game.

LOL thats kind of funny. 100 yards for the rest of the game is still awesome.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Dec 9, 2012 -> 05:56 PM)
Mehh, the players were at fault but its hard not to see a more systemic problem at this point. Hate to be 'one of those guys' but this team fails consistently in games that matter which is a problem that points to coaching. Lovie Smith keeps losing to the Packers and ultimately I think that more than anything will get him fired after this year. Nevermind another collapse after a great start to a season...he just can't seem to beat the Packers. He can't seem to find or keep a decent OC, his teams are consistently ranked near the bottom in offense and his defense is quite average imo, elite QB's pick it apart even when everyone is healthy. The Bears mantra of using the running game, STs and defense have fallen completely apart, not one of those 3 phases is good any more.

It might just be time to part ways with the HC and by extension the OC as well. Losing to the Packers next week will all but guarantee Lovie's dismissal

Lovie actually started out his career very well against the packers. Pretty sure right now he is at 8-10