2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 9, 2012 -> 06:05 PM)
I did say first quarter. And if you watch the 52 yard run, it happens because Roach gets blown up by I believe Loadholt, and then AP took off and Conte took a really bad angle.

Geno Hayes was fine. I didnt hear his name much but he did have a nice tackle for loss that I remember.

LOL thats kind of funny. 100 yards for the rest of the game is still awesome.

For AP? He ran for 210 last week and averaged 150 a game in November.

I don't know what you expect against the best running back of this generation.

Regardless, the defense gave up 7 f***ing points. Again, you seem to want to complain the most about the normal things that happen in NFL football games instead of those that actually cost us the game.

Defense has been very bad, they cannot escape criticism either. They got murked by two rookie Qb's this year, inexcusable. And today they collapsed on the very first drive and affected the momentum in a very bad way. Got the crowd into the game right off the bat and the Vikings started playing much harder after that first drive on offense and on defense.

injuries expose a lack of depth which again points to coaching/talent evaluation/the ghost of Angelo

Edited by RZZZA

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 9, 2012 -> 06:10 PM)
For AP? He ran for 210 last week and averaged 150 a game in November.

I don't know what you expect against the best running back of this generation.

Regardless, the defense gave up 7 f***ing points. Again, you seem to want to complain the most about the normal things that happen in NFL football games instead of those that actually cost us the game.

Im not complaining about the defense. I complained about nick roach, thats all. First quarter. I also complained about the offense, particularly Jeffery and Hester dropping the two would be game tying touchdowns.

I said this too

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 9, 2012 -> 03:09 PM)
So the offense caught two touchdowns, dropped two touchdowns, and gave away two touchdowns

So please, stop nitpicking my posts.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 9, 2012 -> 06:11 PM)
Im not complaining about the defense. I complained about nick roach, thats all. First quarter. I also complained about the offense, particularly Jeffery and Hester dropping the two would be game tying touchdowns.

I said this too

So please, stop nitpicking my posts.

Oh, so it's just me nitpicking...got it

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 9, 2012 -> 06:07 PM)
Lovie actually started out his career very well against the packers. Pretty sure right now he is at 8-10

Yup, started out 7-3. 1-7 vs. Green Bay since then. His future with the Bears may be on the line next Sunday. I'm a fan of Lovie and I think he did well with the roster he was given, but it's definitely time for a change if they don't win a playoff game this year.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 9, 2012 -> 06:17 PM)
Yup, started out 7-3. 1-7 vs. Green Bay since then. His future with the Bears may be on the line next Sunday. I'm a fan of Lovie and I think he did well with the roster he was given, but it's definitely time for a change if they don't win a playoff game this year.

Its a scary proposition, because we are looking at quite a roster overhaul if Lovie goes.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 9, 2012 -> 06:17 PM)

Bears lose to GB next week the Cowher to Bears talk will start to heat up quickly IMO.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Dec 9, 2012 -> 06:11 PM)
Defense has been very bad, they cannot escape criticism either. They got murked by two rookie Qb's this year, inexcusable. And today they collapsed on the very first drive and affected the momentum in a very bad way. Got the crowd into the game right off the bat and the Vikings started playing much harder after that first drive on offense and on defense.

injuries expose a lack of depth which again points to coaching/talent evaluation/the ghost of Angelo

The defense gave up one drive to start the game. That was pretty much it.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 9, 2012 -> 03:54 PM)
You guys are being a bit harsh...he had a 52 yard run first play from scrimmage and then had 100 yards for the rest of th game. I thought he made Conte his b**** a hell of a lot more than Roach. Thought Geno Hayes played fine too.

Tough to blame this one on the defense. They had one very poor drive (first of the game), but played well after that.

Our offense is f***ing pathetic.

Not having Urlacher isn't that big of a deal. Its sad, but true. Urlacher was mediocre at best this year and while he is still better then Roach, it isn't the downgrade it once was. Bears need to find a new MLB in the off-season. I don't anticipate Urlacher finding the fountain of youth so outside of having maybe a healthy off-season (and a year removed from his knee injury), there really isn't any way he could get better (he's only getting older).

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Dec 9, 2012 -> 04:08 PM)
He may be gone even with a wildcard spot! Losing at end of year becoming a habit of a Lovie coached team.

We'll see. Lot of the year left and I don't know if I would count last year as a habit. Losing without your 2 best offensive players doesn't make something a trend. These last two losses were just dreadful. Bears were the better team for most of the day and lost. Same with Seattle. Execution was just brutal.

D really wasn't that bad. It just struggled early on when it was important to set the tone.

Not having Urlacher isn't that big of a deal. Its sad, but true. Urlacher was mediocre at best this year and while he is still better then Roach, it isn't the downgrade it once was. Bears need to find a new MLB in the off-season. I don't anticipate Urlacher finding the fountain of youth so outside of having maybe a healthy off-season (and a year removed from his knee injury), there really isn't any way he could get better (he's only getting older).

Trade up to get Te'o

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 10, 2012 -> 01:58 PM)
No way. The Bears have way too many holes to fill to trade up for one player. They need to use every draft pick they have.

The Bears trading up for Te'o is actually one of three topics (can't remember the other two) that Boers and Bernstein won't allow callers to suggest now. After the price the Redskins had to pay to trade up for RGIII, I agree with you...far too many holes that will need to be filled to just focus on one player.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 10, 2012 -> 08:59 AM)
The Bears trading up for Te'o is actually one of three topics (can't remember the other two) that Boers and Bernstein won't allow callers to suggest now. After the price the Redskins had to pay to trade up for RGIII, I agree with you...far too many holes that will need to be filled to just focus on one player.

I'd have to guess the price for trading into the Te'o pick would wind up being a lot lower than RG3. Do you really expect him to go top 2?