2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Dec 13, 2012 -> 02:33 PM)
Yes he is, and it kills me when I see Bears fans agree with Finley. Even a hobbled Urlacher is better than a healthy Nick Roach. People can be so dumb.

I don't know about a hobbled Urlacher, but they are not better with Urlacher out.

I was primarily referring to the "he's an idiot" comment. That is 100% correct.

According to Pro Football Focus, Finley wasn't that far off.

@PFF

Bears were already adjusting things to scheme around Urlacher. Having OLBs take the deep MLB drop for example. ON field might be better now

That being said Finley should have known better to say that.

I don't believe the Bears will be better without Urlacher on the field. Even with all this talk of Urlacher looking slow and hobbled and whatnot this season, he's still got 68 tackles ranked 3rd most on this team. And he's got 8 tackles for loss, the most of anyone on the team, 2 forced fumbles, 2 fumbles recovered, 7 passes defended, 1 interception returned for a TD. Stats all significantly better than a healthy Nick Roach's.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Dec 13, 2012 -> 03:06 PM)
I don't believe the Bears will be better without Urlacher on the field. Even with all this talk of Urlacher looking slow and hobbled and whatnot this season, he's still got 68 tackles ranked 3rd most on this team. And he's got 8 tackles for loss, the most of anyone on the team, 2 forced fumbles, 2 fumbles recovered, 7 passes defended, 1 interception returned for a TD. Stats all significantly better than a healthy Nick Roach's.

You're not touching on the true importance of Urlacher.

He literally QB's the defense, and recognizes the opposing teams' offensive set and knows what they're doing and makes on field adjustments that his teammates trust. He's invaluable in that regard, even at a steadily declining rate.

Urlacher strikes back:

“If he thinks that, that’s fine,” Urlacher said. “Just like a couple of years ago, I think, he tore his ACL and the Packers were actually better without him. You know, they won the Super Bowl. I hope we can duplicate that as well because it won’t hurt my feelings if we go on and win the Super Bowl without me like they did without him. People can say what they want. It feels like I deal with something like this every year. Someone’s always saying something about me. It’s a revolving door every year

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 08:05 AM)
?

He's listed properly on their injury report as having a knee injury.

He is referring to how Lovie ripped brad biggs for reporting that Alshon Jeffery had his knee scoped before the team released the information. He said Biggs reported it the wrong way(ie. before the team said anything)

Lovie really is a horses ass to reporters in the media room when it comes to injuries and such