2012-2013 NFL Thread

You missed Brees, Schaub, the cat with the Lions whose name escapes me, Dalton and Rivers. Jay is in that group somewhere with Eli. Payton, Brees, Rogers and Brady are in their own league.

Newton, Kapernick, Wilson, RG3 and Luck have not accomplished anything in the NFL to warrant putting them higher than Cutler.

Jay Cutler is comparably to Ben Rothlisberg except the Steelers put him in a system while the Bears are clueless on offense.

Your right I did forget about Brees & Schaub. I chose the younger QB's because of their bright future and most of them will have their teams in the playoffs.

I'm not a huge fan of Rivers.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 05:07 PM)
These guys aren't the 85 Bears, they need to play with an edge. Derrick Rose isn't chatting with Lebron during a game or helping him up when he falls.

Whats so bad about giving Rodgers a pop? Nothing dirty just a hard hit to the midsection like they give Cutler? Instead they wrap him up and gingerly place him on the ground, then kiss him on the cheek and bring him some warm cocoa.

It's awful

DITKA! BEARS!!!! SAUSAGE!!!!

Hey, maybe I'm wrong. It was just a thought.

Wouldn't mind seeing a little more meanness out there.

I'm reminded of an old quote about boxers: "I like em' mean. The meaner the better".

I feel the same way about the defense

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 06:20 PM)
You must've missed the shot Peppers got hit with the bogus late hit flag on Rodgers...it was a good clean hit but according to the refs, you can't hit Rodgers hard.

Pretty clear the NFL protects QBs and will really protect QBs they want to market.

Mark Barron got hit for an Unnecessary Roughness call for this tackle on RG3. As you can see at this point of the play RG3 was a ball carrier, not a QB in the pocket.

barronslam_medium.gif

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 05:36 PM)

I'm reminded of an old quote about boxers: "I like em' mean. The meaner the better".

I think players nowadays have more respect for each other because they see the previous generations breaking down from dementia and chronic pain, and they genuinely dont want to hurt each other as much as they did in the past. The NFL is trying to make the game safer, and the player recognize that.

It doesnt mean there arent players out there that wouldnt gladly destroy someone coming over the middle, but you arent going to see Butkus clotheslines anymore

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 05:36 PM)

Yes because we need more brain injuries to these young guys who will one day retire from their jobs (let's not forget, it's a job) and have them deal with the repercussions of hitting each other harder because, damn it, it's a Bears/Packers rivalry!!

Look, I hate losing to the Pack as much as the next guy but my life doesn't depend on who won on Sunday.

Yes because we need more brain injuries to these young guys who will one day retire from their jobs (let's not forget, it's a job) and have them deal with the repercussions of hitting each other harder because, damn it, it's a Bears/Packers rivalry!!

Look, I hate losing to the Pack as much as the next guy but my life doesn't depend on who won on Sunday.

my life doesn't depend on it either, the players lives depend on it. They SHOULD want to play their hardest to get into the playoffs and win a superbowl. When you see guys smiling and laughing with the other team in a game on which your playoff lives depend, not to mention your pride, it makes me think they lack heart.

Even some players agree with me, I hear Matt Bowen talking about defensive players attitudes all the time. He says some of them like to give guys an extra pop when they hit them, not to try and injure them but maybe just to shake them a little. Because if the QB is shook that means he's scared, and when QB's get scared they start making poor decisions. And when Aaron Rodgers starts making poor decisions, the Bears win games. And when the Bears win games, the Bears could win a superbowl. How many times have we seen Cutler get flustered in the pocket?

Nobody is talking about dirty hits that cause concussions and permanent injuries. I'm talking about hitting guys hard the legal and correct way. Maybe getting into their heads a little. Not slapping them on the back and sharing a joke.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 05:48 PM)
Pretty clear the NFL protects QBs and will really protect QBs they want to market.

Mark Barron got hit for an Unnecessary Roughness call for this tackle on RG3. As you can see at this point of the play RG3 was a ball carrier, not a QB in the pocket.

barronslam_medium.gif

Well, then I have no idea what is considered a good clean hit and what is dirty. The Peppers hit looked clean, didn't lead with his helmet and it wasn't a late hit. The NFL should just go ahead and change the rules to that you can't hit QBs anymore...it will certainly help Cutler with the turnstile OL he has.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 06:03 PM)
my life doesn't depend on it either, the players lives depend on it. They SHOULD want to play their hardest to get into the playoffs and win a superbowl. When you see guys smiling and laughing with the other team in a game on which your playoff lives depend, not to mention your pride, it makes me think they lack heart.

Even some players agree with me, I hear Matt Bowen talking about defensive players attitudes all the time. He says some of them like to give guys an extra pop when they hit them, not to try and injure them but maybe just to shake them a little. Because if the QB is shook that means he's scared, and when QB's get scared they start making poor decisions. And when Aaron Rodgers starts making poor decisions, the Bears win games. And when the Bears win games, the Bears could win a superbowl. How many times have we seen Cutler get flustered in the pocket?

Nobody is talking about dirty hits that cause concussions and permanent injuries. I'm talking about hitting guys hard the legal and correct way. Maybe getting into their heads a little. Not slapping them on the back and sharing a joke.

Rodgers is a robot, it doesn't make bad decisions. :D

You can get him off balance, get him away from his comfort zone and get rid of the ball earlier than he wants but he doesn't stupidly throw the ball into double coverage.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 06:03 PM)

Kind of funny that you mention Bowen, because he quit the game after repeated concussion issues and said he still deals with the after effects.

I know you dont mean they need to play dirty, but just because Peppers and Rodgers were joking around after a sack doesnt mean Peppers is playing with less of a chance to get to Rodgers because he likes the guy

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 05:06 PM)
You missed Brees, Schaub, the cat with the Lions whose name escapes me, Dalton and Rivers. Jay is in that group somewhere with Eli. Payton, Brees, Rogers and Brady are in their own league.

Newton, Kapernick, Wilson, RG3 and Luck have not accomplished anything in the NFL to warrant putting them higher than Cutler.

Jay Cutler is comparably to Ben Rothlisberg except the Steelers put him in a system while the Bears are clueless on offense.

Rivers is terrible now a days and Stafford just isn't good.

Looks like I've missed a lot of discussion today, but I'll say this:

If Cutler had thrown the tantrum that Brady did in the 4th Q last night (when he slammed the ball down after SF was granted a timeout), the media would have been all over him. They would have bashed the heck out of him. But when Brady does it, it's because he's showing some "moxie" or whatever.

Also, I really wish we hadn't passed on David DeCastro last year. I know he's injured this year, but I would have loved to see what he could do to improve our o-line.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 06:03 PM)
Well, then I have no idea what is considered a good clean hit and what is dirty. The Peppers hit looked clean, didn't lead with his helmet and it wasn't a late hit. The NFL should just go ahead and change the rules to that you can't hit QBs anymore...it will certainly help Cutler with the turnstile OL he has.

It's hard to believe RG3 made it this far in football running "tall" on that play.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 05:48 PM)

barronslam_medium.gif

He lifted him off the ground and drove him down with his shoulder. I could see that getting called against a WR or RB.

That would be dirty, I don't condone dirty tricks.

There's a lack of heart amongst some guys imo, I wish everybody on the Bears played with the same intensity as Briggs, Jay and Marshall.

One big hit can change the momentum of an entire game

Remember when Briggs leveled Calvin Johnson last year? Need more smash mouth football like that

Edited by RZZZA

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 07:51 PM)
Michael Bush's season es finito.

This year it sure seemed like backup RBs were the ones getting beat up. Tate being out for a large portion of the year, andre brown, dwyer, etc.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 03:39 PM)
Mark Sanchez has finally been benched. Tim Tebow Greg McElroy is your new Jets QB.

On to the CFL with you, little dove. Spread your wings where there is an extra 10 yards to roam

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 03:52 PM)
Oh, he'll be a backup in the NFL for years.

I think the guy wants to start. And if that is true, then he needs to move up north. If the Jets arent starting him after this Sanchez debacle......