2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 13, 2013 -> 01:36 PM)
The play calling has been good between the 20s. Red zone play calling has been atrocious.

Its been alright. Specifically that last drive they would have been better served not having Lynch run around the 50 yard line, because Wilson right now is arguably just as effective if you give him a run/pass roll option. I also think they need to at least give the threat that Wilson will keep the ball on a read option with Lynch. They keep showing the read option action, but theyve given it to Lynch every time.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 13, 2013 -> 02:59 PM)
Haha...I had actually thought about saying that. I think the big problem was the Packers were in man the whole game and you can't do that with a running Q. Packers D only shows up for the Bears (oh and Joe Webb). Other then that, they sucked this year. You didn't have to look past what the Vikings did to them on 2 separate occasions (when they had Ponderer).

It really is sad the Bears can't do much against the Packers D. The big thing is, the familiarity between the teams is there. Hell, look at how the Rams play the Niners.

I think that has a lot to do with Clay Matthews and our inability to stop him. 5.5 sacks and 7 TFL in 2 games is outrageous.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jan 13, 2013 -> 02:46 PM)
I think that has a lot to do with Clay Matthews and our inability to stop him. 5.5 sacks and 7 TFL in 2 games is outrageous.

Their DBs also seem to know what Cutler is going to do before he does.

Atlanta is just flat out better. Seattle got a lot of hype and they may be tired but making those types of excuses is taking away what Atlanta is doing out there now.

The Falcons are the ones making the plays out there today, Seattle isnt.