2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Jan 13, 2013 -> 03:14 PM)
I really think I would have let him try the 65 yarder in this case. Nothing to lose.

With a replacement kicker who hasn't played in a year? Tough call.

Atlanta' last drive reminded me of the game the Bears lost there a few years ago.

Edited by LittleHurt05

PC will get some heat for the icing the kicker play but I dont think Bryant was really trying to make the kick. More just want to get in a practice kick. From what I remember, the snap was pretty late after the whistles so I'm sure Bryant heard them.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 13, 2013 -> 03:17 PM)
PC will get some heat for the icing the kicker play but I dont think Bryant was really trying to make the kick. More just want to get in a practice kick. From what I remember, the snap was pretty late after the whistles so I'm sure Bryant heard them.

That's what I thought too. Looks like he kinda missed on purpose almost.

The timeout/no time out isn't really an issue. He should be questioned for allowing Ryan to complete 2 relatively open throws to receivers to get in FG range.

I still can't believe Atl called TO right away with :13 for no reason, as they had no timeouts left anyway...then essentially onside kick it to have a chance to lose on a hail mary, and still escape.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 13, 2013 -> 04:18 PM)

Yeah, just wanting to get a practice kick in and make sure he hits it well. Wherever it goes from there didnt matter.

Yea Seattle losing might of been the best thing for 49ers fans. I don't see Atlanta beating them.

Seattle are a very good team. It will be a tough battle with them for many years to come.

My prediction for next week

49ers 34 Falcons 21

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 13, 2013 -> 03:24 PM)
Yeah, just wanting to get a practice kick in and make sure he hits it well. Wherever it goes from there didnt matter.

And the reason Carroll was b****ing was because Bryant got a practice snap & kick, not beacuse of the timeout he called.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 13, 2013 -> 04:18 PM)

I don't think he missed on purpose, but I equate it sort of to a nonchalant golf swing...just wanted to make clean contact, but didn't really worry much about coming through or across the ball, which is probably why he pushed it right.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 13, 2013 -> 03:47 PM)
Wilson didn't really do a lot of damage with his legs, he moved the ball on 15-20 yard passes hitting the weakness in the cover-2.

They are different QB's thats for sure. I would be more worried about stopping the SF running game and make him throw the ball.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 13, 2013 -> 04:42 PM)
And the reason Carroll was b****ing was because Bryant got a practice snap & kick, not beacuse of the timeout he called.

Well then he needs to call TO well before any snap can take place.

What the Ravens did yesterday in practicing a FG during a TO was much worse.