2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 14, 2013 -> 04:43 PM)
I like Wilson more than Luck at this point.

I think Luck had legitmately very little help this year, particularly from his defense, so despite the completion %age, his performance was hugely impressive.

The other thing that worries me on a guy like Wilson is...how well will the read-option QB's hold up over time?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 14, 2013 -> 03:51 PM)
I think Luck had legitmately very little help this year, particularly from his defense, so despite the completion %age, his performance was hugely impressive.

The other thing that worries me on a guy like Wilson is...how well will the read-option QB's hold up over time?

Not once did Wilson keep the ball on a read option play yesterday. He strikes me as a real deal pocket passer with the speed, agility, athletic ability, etc., to get out of the pocket when he needs to and see the field and make plays. I don't see him in the same way that I see RGIII.

Your point is valid about Luck, and I know he was constantly under pressure to put up 20-30 points a game whereas Wilson had the luxury of playing in a lot of blowouts and had one of the League's best defenses to support him.

I still like him better. He is just an outstanding combination of athleticism and passing ability that doesn't seem to put him in harm's way the way that it did with Vick and RG III and "running quarterbacks."

Colin Kaepernick was awesome Saturday night, but you need to be good for a few years before you can put his name next to the top guys.

It will be interesting to see how Wilson, Kaepernick and RG3 play next year once the league adjusts to them.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 14, 2013 -> 04:29 PM)
Colin Kaepernick was awesome Saturday night, but you need to be good for a few years before you can put his name next to the top guys.

It will be interesting to see how Wilson, Kaepernick and RG3 play next year once the league adjusts to them.

IF he plays.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 14, 2013 -> 03:51 PM)

I agree. Other than Reggie Wayne, Luck's supporting cast was far inferior to Wilson's.

One of the main reasons why Kaep was amazing is because of our Oline, they're probably the best in the NFL

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 14, 2013 -> 04:29 PM)

Why would Wilson be impacted by RGIII or Kaepernick?

Wilson is a pocket passer who just happens to be fast. To the best of my knowledge, Wilson never ran 1 play of read option in college. On the Seahawks I can not actually recall him ever keeping the ball on read-option action.

You also cant compare RGIII and Wilson to Kapernick because both RGIII and Wilson had insane passing ratings that were college records.

Kaepernick 150.5 senior year, 3k yards, 21 td 7 int. Rushing Yards 1206

Russell Wilson 191.8 (All time NCAA record), 3k yards, 33td 4 int. Rushing Yards 338

RGIII 189.5 (2nd All Time to Wilson), 4k yards, 37 in 6 td. Rushing Yards 700

If you want to compare Kaepernick, the guy you are looking for is, Cam Newton.

Cam Newton 182 senior year, 2800 yards, 30 TD, 7 int. Rushing yards 1473

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 14, 2013 -> 04:38 PM)
Why would Wilson be impacted by RGIII or Kaepernick?

Wilson is a pocket passer who just happens to be fast. To the best of my knowledge, Wilson never ran 1 play of read option in college. On the Seahawks I can not actually recall him ever keeping the ball on read-option action.

You also cant compare RGIII and Wilson to Kapernick because both RGIII and Wilson had insane passing ratings that were college records.

Kaepernick 150.5 senior year, 3k yards, 21 td 7 int. Rushing Yards 1206

Russell Wilson 191.8 (All time NCAA record), 3k yards, 33td 4 int. Rushing Yards 338

RGIII 189.5 (2nd All Time to Wilson), 4k yards, 37 in 6 td. Rushing Yards 700

If you want to compare Kaepernick, the guy you are looking for is, Cam Newton.

Cam Newton 182 senior year, 2800 yards, 30 TD, 7 int. Rushing yards 1473

Cause Wilson still runs a lot. He might do it more as a scramble but he stills runs a lot. He had almost double the amount of runs that some like Rodgers had.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 14, 2013 -> 04:45 PM)
Cause Wilson still runs a lot. He might do it more as a scramble but he stills runs a lot. He had almost double the amount of runs that some like Rodgers had.

http://pickingpros.com/nfl/quarterback-rushing-leaders.php

Wilson does run more, but you specifically said "Adjust to them" not "Wilson may get hurt because he scrambles more than a regular QB."

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jan 14, 2013 -> 01:19 PM)
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/1/13/3872...general-manager

Thoughts on Jerry Angelo potentially getting the Jets GM job?

Make sense I read Jay Glazer said nobody wanted the job with a ten foot pole.............only way JA gets back in is a job like the Jets! JA and Rex Ryan deserve each other!

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 14, 2013 -> 04:43 PM)
They are good. Three of those guys were first round picks.

Alex Boone was a complete bust until that coaching staff got ahold of him. He was a total assclown at OSU as well. Sows how nicely they coach those guys up.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 14, 2013 -> 05:06 PM)
Alex Boone was a complete bust until that coaching staff got ahold of him. He was a total assclown at OSU as well. Sows how nicely they coach those guys up.

Who isn't?

(just kidding. I couldn't pass it up)