2012-2013 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 10:33 AM)
Why is it not a smart decision? He probably doesn't need the money. Why work someplace you don't want to work if you don't have to? Seems to me, if he wouldn't be happy, or would be happier elsewhere, its a very smart decision.

If RM did not like the job fine, but that is not the case it is because he is loyal to Lovie only reason he is gone. Going from D-Cor to linebacker coach to be Kiffin's lap boy makes no sense. If he is happy fine by me, If he was not happy glad he is gone!

Edited by Soxfest

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 10:33 AM)
Why is it not a smart decision? He probably doesn't need the money. Why work someplace you don't want to work if you don't have to? Seems to me, if he wouldn't be happy, or would be happier elsewhere, its a very smart decision.

I agree. Its not like Marinelli is a 30 year old coordinator trying to make it in the NFL.

Im sure that Marinelli can get a bunch of nice offers with 6 figure salaries.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 10:37 AM)
If RM did not like the job fine, but that is not the case it is because he is loyal to Lovie only reason he is gone. Going from D-Cor to linebacker coach to be Kiffin's lap boy makes no sense. If he is happy fine by me, If he was not happy glad he is gone!

It makes perfect sense. He is familiar with Kiffin just like he was close with Lovie. He probably doesn't know Trestman, and would be a lame duck with one year left on his deal. He can go work with someone he knows and if a DC opens up next year, like if Lovie gets a HC job, maybe he jumps at it or he stays with someone he's comfortable with. Considering Kiffin's age, maybe he takes his job in a year or 2. He's not working his way up the ranks.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 10:44 AM)
It makes perfect sense. He is familiar with Kiffin just like he was close with Lovie. He probably doesn't know Trestman, and would be a lame duck with one year left on his deal. He can go work with someone he knows and if a DC opens up next year, like if Lovie gets a HC job, maybe he jumps at it or he stays with someone he's comfortable with. Considering Kiffin's age, maybe he takes his job in a year or 2. He's not working his way up the ranks.

Never going to get another HC job either. As great and diplomatic as he was, it's hard to come back from 0-16.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 11:18 AM)
trestman is clearly not the best public speaker - you can really tell he is reading his speech, haha - not that it matters at all

I'm the head coach of the Chicago Bears at my introductory press conference, I am reading EVERY word of a page to make sure I dont screw it up.

Fun Trestman quotes edited and taken out of context:

"I first met Jay (cutler) 10 years ago, in a hotel room in Nashville. We had no facilities, and no Wide Recievers. For two days we just stared at each other."

"I cannot wait to get my hands on Jay"

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 11:35 AM)
Fun Trestman quotes edited and taken out of context:

"I first met Jay (cutler) 10 years ago, in a hotel room in Nashville. We had no facilities, and no Wide Recievers. For two days we just stared at each other."

"I cannot wait to get my hands on Jay"

That is great.

I bet that actually happened.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 11:37 AM)
Andy Reid watched all 16 chiefs games before his interview with KC. Trestman says he hasn't seen much film on the current group of bears players. WTF

Hes been looking at game film of CFL teams in case he didnt get the job.

He is moving to an entirely different league and he hasnt been a part of the NFL for over 5 years. Things done changed.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 11:37 AM)
Andy Reid watched all 16 chiefs games before his interview with KC. Trestman says he hasn't seen much film on the current group of bears players. WTF

It must have been awful to watch all 16 Chief games.

Brady Quinn!

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 11:41 AM)
With Marinelli out, I'm against the hire. I adore Rod Marinelli.

This is why I was not a fan from the beginning. I just think it will be difficult to replicate the Bears defensive success and the offense wont improve enough next year to offset it. Since the Bears defense is getting old, I felt you should take another shot next year because there is a chance in 2 years guys like Tillman, Urlacher, Peppers are not the same, or not around.