2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 21, 2013 -> 03:23 PM)
I believe there is little evidence because Lewis got rid of his shiny white suit that was supposedly covered in blood.

Supposedly

And if that is enough for you to convict Ray Lewis, that is fine by me. But I believe that you need evidence. And just because his clothes were gone, that does not mean that there is no evidence. And how would his clothes have changed the verdict? They were found NOT GUILTY due to SELF DEFENSE.

It wasnt "NOT GUILTY BECAUSE THEY WERENT THERE" or "NOT GUILTY NEVER GOT IN A FIGHT". It was "SELF DEFENSE"

Now believe that or not, it means that the court found that they were "WITHIN THEIR RIGHTS TO USE DEADLY FORCE."

You can accuse Ray Lewis of being a murderer (opinion), you can say Ray Lewis is the worst person in the world, that Ray Lewis is a terrible role model, that Wes Welker is a great role model for getting a hair transplant, whatever.

But when you start making s*** up, like Ray Lewis was acquitted just to try and further yourself, or to try and deflect from the fact that Wes Welker f***ed up, you should be called on it.

Because Mrs. Welker isnt saying these things because she is so upset about football players being in the NFL that are criminals, she is saying this because her husband dropped a pass he should have caught.

Its annoying to say the least.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 21, 2013 -> 06:52 PM)
You're a lawyer, we get it badger.

What does that have to do with anything?

Being a lawyer isnt the reason why I think Wes Welker's wife should keep her mouth closed, its the whole "If you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all."

I just find it weak to make these comments after your husband dropped a pass.

If she was so upset about Ray Lewis, she should have made the comments before the game, or while Ray Lewis was still playing. Its pretty lame and Im not going to applaud her for that like so many else.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 21, 2013 -> 07:15 PM)
What does that have to do with anything?

Being a lawyer isnt the reason why I think Wes Welker's wife should keep her mouth closed, its the whole "If you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all."

I just find it weak to make these comments after your husband dropped a pass.

If she was so upset about Ray Lewis, she should have made the comments before the game, or while Ray Lewis was still playing. Its pretty lame and Im not going to applaud her for that like so many else.

Its just something nobody cares about to read you go on about is pretty much the bottom line. I do appreciate your arguments most of the time but this time it was just annoying honestly.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 21, 2013 -> 08:08 PM)
Apparently lawyers don't like boobs. :huh

Must have something to do with the absurd rate of unhappiness among lawyers.

When my politics advisor first met me, he spent 20 minutes lecturing me about how I shouldn't go to law school before I told him that was never my plan. I don't know much about it, but if there are no boobs, then I've made the right decision.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 22, 2013 -> 10:48 AM)
Who will be the Super Bowl MVP?

My prediction it will be Vernon Davis

I picked the 49ers to win the SB since early in the season but the Ravens just have something about them this season, they just beat two of the elite QBs in this league, at their house no less...they're like a baseball team that gets hot at the right moment and wins it all.

I'll still stick with SF, but I would not be surprised in the least if Baltimore wins, they are peaking right now.