2012-2013 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 11:14 AM)
Since Bears discussion is not allowed in this thread, can you re-name it the 2012-2013 Packers/Niners thread? Thanks.

again you missed the point Steve. Game thread. Talk bears in here all you want. During the game, keep it in there.

And stop crying or i will smack yer mouf

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 11:16 AM)
again you missed the point Steve. Game thread. Talk bears in here all you want. During the game, keep it in there.

And stop crying or i will smack yer mouf

Someone tell me more about the Packers here. Bears discussion is not cool in a thread dedicated to football on a Chicago board.

The whole thing is stupid. The NFL Thread died yesterday until the Packers game started. It's not like the Packer fans were in here discussing the Jets game. Having extra threads is stupid and offends me and so does your face.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 11:20 AM)
I will only talk about the Browns from now on.

I like when you talk Packers. You are missing my point. I would love to discuss their loss yesterday and the big game this week, but we are being forcefully segregated. What's next Soxtalk!?!?! Separate drinking fountains!?!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 11:19 AM)
Someone tell me more about the Packers here. Bears discussion is not cool in a thread dedicated to football on a Chicago board.

The whole thing is stupid. The NFL Thread died yesterday until the Packers game started. It's not like the Packer fans were in here discussing the Jets game. Having extra threads is stupid and offends me and so does your face.

Are you seriously going to get upset about clicking 1 different thread? Really?

Once again, discuss away. Talk bears if you want today. Feel free. I thought moving the game talk to its own thread wouldnt be so off putting and generate so much angst. And until just now, with these complaints coming from you, it didnt seem to be such a big deal. But if you want it your way, then everyone can let the game thread die and discuss it here. Whatever.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 11:22 AM)
Are you seriously going to get upset about clicking 1 different thread? Really?

Once again, discuss away. Talk bears if you want today. Feel free. I thought moving the game talk to its own thread wouldnt be so off putting and generate so much angst. And until just now, with these complaints coming from you, it didnt seem to be such a big deal. But if you want it your way, then everyone can let the game thread die and discuss it here. Whatever.

You have failed as moderator of this forum. You were at your peak of your duties when you created a fantasy thread. However, you have abused your powers and let down your constituents with the Bears thread. What is this, Nazi Germany? I demand changes!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 11:21 AM)
I like when you talk Packers. You are missing my point. I would love to discuss their loss yesterday and the big game this week, but we are being forcefully segregated. What's next Soxtalk!?!?! Separate drinking fountains!?!

I like that you get more upset about a separate Bears game thread than you do prison rape.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 11:30 AM)
Do "other" fans really complain that much?

This is a Chicago sports forum, people dont complain about Illini game talk during college games, I dont see why it would be any different for Bears.

/puzzeled

Trust me, they do. They also complain about all of the Bulls talk in the NBA thread. It has been an on-going thing for a long time.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 11:30 AM)
Do "other" fans really complain that much?

This is a Chicago sports forum, people dont complain about Illini game talk during college games, I dont see why it would be any different for Bears.

/puzzeled

Did you see how Felix got so pissed he left the NBA forum bcause of the the Bulls fans overwhelming the forum? There are plenty of fans of other teams on this thread. All I tried to do is move the actual game talk to a different thread. Once the game is over, much like Sox gamethreads moving talk to PHT, the talk about the team moves to the NFL forum.

I apologize for the confusing concept of talking about a game in a gamethread

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 11:25 AM)
I like that you get more upset about a separate Bears game thread than you do prison rape.

Prison rape makes me happy.

You don't want to get raped? Don't do something and wind up in prison. And also don't go anywhere near KyYle.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 11:36 AM)
Prison rape makes me happy.

You don't want to get raped? Don't do something and wind up in prison. And also don't go anywhere near KyYle.

that right there is below the belt.

I wish I could post in here about how happy I was watching the Bears yesterday... how I've never seen an offense with so much explosive ability in Bears' colors. They squandered multiple opportunities and still put up 41 points. I wish I could post about Brandon Marshall, and the adjustments he makes on the ball that make it so obvious why he always gets so many catches. I wish I could talk about Cutler just being able to throw to an area knowning Marshall with usually either catch the ball or make sure the other guy doesn't.

I wish I could talk in this thread about Peanut Tillman, and hope his ankle is ok while also professing that I really like Kelvin Hayden.

I wish I could post that the Bears just signed an OT who shares his name with one of my least favorite Blackhawks.

BUT I CAN'T BECAUSE KYYLE HAS FAILED US.

I just asked a question. Ive been here a long time, I never even imagined that people would complain to admin about that type of stuff. I brought up the college threads because they are dominated by a few schools, I am in the minority as basically the only Wisconsin fan.

I dont complain to admin that there are too many Illinois fans or Indiana fans, I either 1) deal with it or 2) go to a Wisconsin message board and read there. I just am surprised that people actually complain about this. Its a message board, the dynamics of the message board are driven by the posters. Those posters are swimming up stream, and if they quit, all I can say is, really? That is what you are going to quit over.

If you think that a Bears Game thread is needed and makes sense, go for it. But it appears people will never be happy, so might as well please the majority.

Tyranny of the majority for all!

In all seriousness, there were 2 total posts in the NFL thread yesterday from 12-5 (LOL @ Bills). Obviously the posts that went in the Bears game thread could have just been in this thread and it would have made zero difference. Do not punish the many to placate the few. Do not use Felix's very real and understandable complaint that we Bulls fans were annoying and unwelcoming while he did kinda go to troll level 5,000 with his D-Rose baiting (even the great Bill Simmons points out often that no fan base anywhere is more protective of a player than Chicago fans are of Derrick Rose). That's apples/oranges.

Bears posts during Bears games in the NFL thread won't hurt anyone. Also, I like reading what non-Bears fans have to say about the Bears, and they won't even go in the "Bears only" thread now.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 11:49 AM)
I wish I could post in here about how happy I was watching the Bears yesterday... how I've never seen an offense with so much explosive ability in Bears' colors. They squandered multiple opportunities and still put up 41 points. I wish I could post about Brandon Marshall, and the adjustments he makes on the ball that make it so obvious why he always gets so many catches. I wish I could talk about Cutler just being able to throw to an area knowning Marshall with usually either catch the ball or make sure the other guy doesn't.

I wish I could talk in this thread about Peanut Tillman, and hope his ankle is ok while also professing that I really like Kelvin Hayden.

I wish I could post that the Bears just signed an OT who shares his name with one of my least favorite Blackhawks.

BUT I CAN'T BECAUSE KYYLE HAS FAILED US.

i wish i could respond to all of your bears talk in this thread.

Oh wait i can!

So they signed Jonathan Scott? Who was waived?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 12:22 PM)
It was nice to not have Martz as the OC.

Not only for gamecalling, but also for interviewing. I can only take one douchey arrogant interview from the Bears, and Cutler is QB so he gets first dibs.

I can see the misleading Sun Times column now... "Cutler to Bears fans; STFU!"

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/..._medium=twitter

Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler delivered a self-described Public Service Announcement regarding the conduct of Bears fans when their team has the ball inside the red zone.

ESPNChicago.com Bears blog

Bears blog Get the latest Bears news from ESPN Chicago's Jeff Dickerson and Michael Wright. Blog

Be quiet!

"Please, please, please, let's tone it down a little bit when we're down on the 20," Cutler said after leading the Bears to a 41-21 win over the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday at Soldier Field. "You're more than welcome to yell and scream and do whatever you want to do after we score, but please let's go ahead and quiet the stadium down and save it until after we score.

"Thank you. PSA."

Cutler looked visibly upset as he tried to quiet down the crowd Sunday, but the noise didn't seem to affect him much as he completed 21 of 35 passes for 333 yards and two touchdowns. He was intercepted once and it was returned for a touchdown.

"First off, talking to the fans, I thought they were outstanding on third downs and first and all of the downs," coach Lovie Smith said Monday. "As a general rule, when our defense is out there, that's the beauty of having a home crowd, when our defense is on the field and their offense is trying to get the different communication that they have to go through.

"And we have the ball offensively, yes, we would like for our crowd to be as quiet as possible then. Of course we'd love for you to cheer right after the play. But in between, when we're trying to communicate, yes, we definitely need them to be quiet then."

The Bears play the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field on Thursday.