2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 12:07 PM)
OK Steve, we get the point. Now please stop trying to ruin the thread because you don't like an admin trying to make things better.

The thread is not ruined by b****ing. The greatest threads are built off the whines and tears of internet crybabies.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 03:25 PM)
I am embarrassed that Bears fans needed to be told to shut up. Common f***ing sense, if your QB has to take a timeout because he cannot hear the playcall because of his own crowd noise, something is wrong

That's not the first time it happened either.

I am embarrassed that Bears fans needed to be told to shut up. Common f***ing sense, if your QB has to take a timeout because he cannot hear the playcall because of his own crowd noise, something is wrong

Even drunken college students at NIU understand to STFU when the O has the ball.

At some point people need to realize that Chicago sports fans are f***ing stupid for the most part

1. Bears fans can not realize that cheering loudly when your team is about to call a play is not smart

2. cubs fans blindly following that s***show

3. bulls fans who continued to show up when the team sucked (late 90's until about 4 years ago)

4. White Sox fans that do not show up to support a winning product

I think the Fire has kind of got it right.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 05:01 PM)
Back to football...the way the Bears offense looked yesterday (yeah, it was the Colts) and the way GB looked vs SF, I really believe we can put 30+ on the Packers on Thursday.

Let's do it!!

I think the Bears can hang 30+ on the packers too.

I'm not certain the Bears D can hold the Packers under 30 though.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 04:02 PM)
I think the Bears can hang 30+ on the packers too.

I'm not certain the Bears D can hold the Packers under 30 though.

True

OTOH, the Bears D has had good success vs Rodgers in containing him but the Packers D also bothers the s*** out of Cutler.

Gonna be a great game.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 05:06 PM)
True

OTOH, the Bears D has had good success vs Rodgers in containing him but the Packers D also bothers the s*** out of Cutler.

Gonna be a great game.

Cutler had 302 yards, 2 TDs, and 2 INTs the last time they played, and was sacked 3 times. It's not so much that the defense bothers him specifically as much as Matt Forte was his only reliable target. Knox and Hester were the #1 and #2 WRs that game. Green Bay plays them physical and they just would fold because they're soft, neither one of those guys was reliable at route-running either. It's different with Marshall and Jeffery. Marshall will just abuse the s*** out of you if you try that. Jeffery is like Marshall Jr., and he doesn't take that s*** (ask DeAngelo Hall).

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 05:55 PM)
Cutler had 302 yards, 2 TDs, and 2 INTs the last time they played, and was sacked 3 times. It's not so much that the defense bothers him specifically as much as Matt Forte was his only reliable target. Knox and Hester were the #1 and #2 WRs that game. Green Bay plays them physical and they just would fold because they're soft, neither one of those guys was reliable at route-running either. It's different with Marshall and Jeffery. Marshall will just abuse the s*** out of you if you try that. Jeffery is like Marshall Jr., and he doesn't take that s*** (ask DeAngelo Hall).

McCown had a pretty decent game last year against the Packers. Essentially, any QB who plays Green Bay will be able to throw. I said preseason (not on here) that the Bears should score 30+ points per game for the first 3 games. They're 1/3 of the way there and nobody in the Packers' secondary scares me when you consider the WR's the Bears have.

Still, 38-34 Packers.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 05:55 PM)
Cutler had 302 yards, 2 TDs, and 2 INTs the last time they played, and was sacked 3 times. It's not so much that the defense bothers him specifically as much as Matt Forte was his only reliable target. Knox and Hester were the #1 and #2 WRs that game.

what a difference a year makes