2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IowanSoxFan @ Sep 14, 2012 -> 12:01 PM)
Charles Woodson:

"It's the same old Jay. We just need to be in position. Jay will throw us the ball."

That's pretty f***ing funny (well, maybe for us non-Bears fans).

LOL, that's probably why Jay kicked him when he was on the ground last night.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Sep 14, 2012 -> 06:19 PM)
What ever happened to Steve Slaton?...He was great his rookie year and then kinda fell off the map.

Iirc he got injured, then couldnt hold on to the ball, then Arian Foster and Later Reggie Bush pushed him out

How could the KC Chiefs be this bad? It's 35-3 Buffalo and KC drops to 0-2. I know this is the NFL, but the Chiefs' attendance is going to really suck if this continues another week or so. Wow.

How can Scott Pioli tie himself to Matt Cassel? I don't watch every Chiefs game religiously but whenever I watch, I tell u he is so average to lousy.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 16, 2012 -> 03:20 PM)
How could the KC Chiefs be this bad? It's 35-3 Buffalo and KC drops to 0-2. I know this is the NFL, but the Chiefs' attendance is going to really suck if this continues another week or so. Wow.

How can Scott Pioli tie himself to Matt Cassel? I don't watch every Chiefs game religiously but whenever I watch, I tell u he is so average to lousy.

I half read this post and just assumed that it had to be the Bills losing 35-3.

I have no idea how the Chiefs could be so bad to allow that.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 16, 2012 -> 06:40 PM)
I'd like to congratulate Gostkowski for possibly single-handedly costing me $5500. f***ing great. I hate the Patriots so much that they can't even win when I have money on it.

That's an impressive amount of money.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 16, 2012 -> 04:16 PM)
H. Christ. 510 passing yards for Eli Manning.

Man, the Bucs coaching for whatever reason kept selling out on the blitz and left those DBs out by themselves and got burned all second half.

I would rather take my chances on Manning nickel and dime his way down the field than let him get 20 yards a pop.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 16, 2012 -> 07:00 PM)
Man, the Bucs coaching for whatever reason kept selling out on the blitz and left those DBs out by themselves and got burned all second half.

I would rather take my chances on Manning nickel and dime his way down the field than let him get 20 yards a pop.

Bears fans will tell you this is a mistake. After all, Rodgers got a touchdown against that defense this week.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 16, 2012 -> 06:01 PM)
Bears fans will tell you this is a mistake. After all, Rodgers got a touchdown against that defense this week.

Are you saying that letting Manning nickel and dime it down the field is a mistake?

Rodgers one touchdown was a 26 yard reception after a pick. When the Bears nickel and dimed the Packers all they got were field goals. The strategy worked, one special teams failure and an epic offensive failure let the bears down.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 16, 2012 -> 06:58 PM)
That's an impressive amount of money.

To clarify things, that would be the winnings in my survivor pool, if I had actually won it all. So POTENTIALLY that kick cost me $5500, but unlikely.

Regardless, I am going to write down my pick each week just for "fun" to see how far I would have made it had he not choked away the kick.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 16, 2012 -> 09:21 PM)
To clarify things, that would be the winnings in my survivor pool, if I had actually won it all. So POTENTIALLY that kick cost me $5500, but unlikely.

Regardless, I am going to write down my pick each week just for "fun" to see how far I would have made it had he not choked away the kick.

Usually when you get taken down in week 2 you probably shouldn't be counting on winning...:)