2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 03:29 PM)
I didn't say he cost me $5500, I said POTENTIALLY. I have the whole season mapped out w/ my picks, I was pretty damn confident. It's possible that shank of a kick cost me $5500.

please post the rest of your picks so that we can all follow along

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 03:29 PM)
I didn't say he cost me $5500, I said POTENTIALLY. I have the whole season mapped out w/ my picks, I was pretty damn confident. It's possible that shank of a kick cost me $5500.

LOL, and what did confidence get you this week? If it was that easy, you wouldn't win anything because nobody else would ever get knocked out.

The Saints are unstoppable in the Superdome, no way a rookie QB beats them, right? I was "confident" too.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 03:35 PM)
Why Jump a Kneeldown? Because it worked two years ago.

Yea, Im sure Schiano was thinking "Remember that Troy/OK State game that one time when it worked?" when he had this line bullrush and pop Manning 4 yards back.

like i said earlier, the only prayer they had was if the ball was put on the ground by manning at the snap. That wasnt what it looked like they were trying to do, they looked like they were trying to jar it loose.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Sep 18, 2012 -> 12:58 AM)
I think he was talking about how you said you already had your picks mapped out.

I don't see how that's a problem at all. I submit them one week at a time, obviously I can change them leading up to each game, but since you can only pick a team once per season, you need to stratigize when is the right time to pick a certain team. I picked Philly in Week 1 because that, to me, was their most obvious win and now I don't have to use them the rest of the year.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 18, 2012 -> 12:37 AM)
I don't see how that's a problem at all. I submit them one week at a time, obviously I can change them leading up to each game, but since you can only pick a team once per season, you need to stratigize when is the right time to pick a certain team. I picked Philly in Week 1 because that, to me, was their most obvious win and now I don't have to use them the rest of the year.

And Philly won by 1 point. Your second week pick lost. You're livin on a edge there bud.

Upsets happen, I'm sure when you picked NE you didn't think that game is going to come down to Gostkowski potentially winning in on a field goal. You picked NE (like half the world did) because they were playing a weak AZ team and you thought it's gonna be a cake walk.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 18, 2012 -> 12:37 AM)

The fact that you picked Philly in week 1 shows you why mapping out all your picks is a dumb strategy. Picking a road team in a survival pool is a very risky move, home teams are 23-9 this year. You worry too much about future weeks, next thing you know you are knocked out. (I realize Philly won, but barely)

I try as much as possible to stick with games where a last place team is on the road vs a division opponent. Those seem to provide the fewest upsets. In 2011, last place teams (there were 9 of them since BUF/MIA tied) were 4-23 on the road vs division opponents, and two of those wins were by KC who was 7-9 overall but still a last place team.

This year, I'd start off looking for weeks where MIN, CLE, and JAX have road division games since those are the most likely last place teams, and then see how the other divisions are going.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 04:29 PM)

The Patriots losing knocked out about 70% of survivor players. It's not like you were alone. It's silly to think like that in week 2 of a survivor pool.

A "ref" told LeSean McCoy, "Come on, I need you for my fantasy team"

McCoy joined 94 WIP's Anthony Gargano and Ike Reese on Monday and was asked about the job the refs are doing. The running back called them "fans" and said that one of them specifically mentioned his fantasy team, during the game.

"They're like fans, kind of though,” McCoy said. “I'll be honest, they're like fans. One of the refs was talking about his fantasy team, like ‘McCoy, come on, I need you for my fantasy,' ahhh, what?!"

Now, McCoy said this jokingly, laughing about the comment. But we have to assume he's being serious when he quotes someone on a public radio show, especially since he cited another specific example of Ray Lewis basically scaring a replacement ref by puffing up his chest.

"During the game, they made like a bad call or something, the ref, and I see Ray Lewis like pump his chest up, trying to scare him,” McCoy said. "Don't you know [the ref] started stuttering? I'm like ‘what's this?!'"

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 10:26 PM)
How? By being confident? Enlighten us, please.

No, I was talking about the kicker missing the winning field goal.

That is precisely how you lose in survivor pools. Stupid crap like that happening is how good teams lose to bad teams and how you lose in survivor pools. If it was as simple as you make it seem, there would be half the participants still around when the season ends.

Trust me, people have been playing survivor pools since before you were born. s*** happens, and that is how you lose. If it was as easy as mapping your picks out and picking teams that should never lose, than we would all be making a living off of survivor pools.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 18, 2012 -> 11:02 AM)
It is funny how week 1 was "huh, these refs aint so bad" to week 2 "OMFG THESE REFS HAVE TO GO RIGHT NOW"

Even week 1 was near disaster in the Seattle game and the Niners/Packers game was just terrible. The official Refs make mistakes too but rarely would an objective person watching the game call them terrible..... with the replacement refs you expect them to be terrible and happy if they aren't too bad.