2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Sep 18, 2012 -> 11:43 AM)
I'm lost, I'm watching sportscenter, what was DJ Moore talking about??

I went to a website called Google, first hit on "DJ Moore" under news yielded this:

link

As you know by now, television cameras caught Cutler screaming at and shoving left tackle J'Marcus Webb during the Bears' 23-10 loss to the Green Bay Packers. Cutler said afterwards it was evidence that he cares about winning and losing, but Moore said: "I don't think you can act like that, though, to make it seem like it's just my fault or what not."

Moore added, via Michael C. Wright of ESPNChicago.com: "I just think it's wrong, honestly. I would feel some kind of way if he were to do me like that and make it seem like 'Well, the reason that I'm having a bad game is because what you're doing and not me taking accountability for myself because I'm throwing these types of passes or doing this type of read.' So it's a tough situation. When you act like that with your own teammates on the sideline, it's just something different that you normally wouldn't do. So you might say it in the locker room or something, but to do it like he did it, it's just weird."

I went to a website called Google, first hit on "DJ Moore" under news yielded this:

link

As you know by now, television cameras caught Cutler screaming at and shoving left tackle J'Marcus Webb during the Bears' 23-10 loss to the Green Bay Packers. Cutler said afterwards it was evidence that he cares about winning and losing, but Moore said: "I don't think you can act like that, though, to make it seem like it's just my fault or what not."

Moore added, via Michael C. Wright of ESPNChicago.com: "I just think it's wrong, honestly. I would feel some kind of way if he were to do me like that and make it seem like 'Well, the reason that I'm having a bad game is because what you're doing and not me taking accountability for myself because I'm throwing these types of passes or doing this type of read.' So it's a tough situation. When you act like that with your own teammates on the sideline, it's just something different that you normally wouldn't do. So you might say it in the locker room or something, but to do it like he did it, it's just weird."

Cutler didn't intend to make contact with Webb. Jay figured if he ran right at him, he'd just get out of the way like he always does.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 18, 2012 -> 11:51 AM)

link

Frankly, I think that this is total baloney. DJ Moore is just making things worse with his comments. He should just handled it internally and not added fuel to the fire.

I also don't think what Jay did was all that startling. Jay Cutler should be criticized for being a slightly above average, sometimes miserable, starting QB. On Thursday he was getting on a guy, trying to fire him up. When Tom Brady/Rodgers/Brees do the same thing, we all love their competitive spirit. The media is highlighting this episode because it fits the "Jay Cutler is an butt hole and a bad teammate" narrative. You should never put your hands on another guy, but the rest is a non-issue.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Sep 18, 2012 -> 01:41 AM)
And Philly won by 1 point. Your second week pick lost. You're livin on a edge there bud.

Upsets happen, I'm sure when you picked NE you didn't think that game is going to come down to Gostkowski potentially winning in on a field goal. You picked NE (like half the world did) because they were playing a weak AZ team and you thought it's gonna be a cake walk.

Oh man, I was sweating that Philly game out, but getting that win provided some real great value. I was considering Houston in Week 1, but I had plans for them in the later weeks.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Sep 18, 2012 -> 12:25 PM)
Frankly, I think that this is total baloney. DJ Moore is just making things worse with his comments. He should just handled it internally and not added fuel to the fire.

I also don't think what Jay did was all that startling. Jay Cutler should be criticized for being a slightly above average, sometimes miserable, starting QB. On Thursday he was getting on a guy, trying to fire him up. When Tom Brady/Rodgers/Brees do the same thing, we all love their competitive spirit. The media is highlighting this episode because it fits the "Jay Cutler is an butt hole and a bad teammate" narrative. You should never put your hands on another guy, but the rest is a non-issue.

He should have just pulled a Jordan and punched him.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Sep 18, 2012 -> 01:25 PM)

You're correct, DJ Moore should have handled this internally.

As should Jay Cutler at the time.

But now that it's out there, I'm left wondering what Moore was thinking. Either...he's just really dumb and didn't know how this would be percieved, or he knew exactly how it would be perceived and wanted to make sure Jay got the message.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 18, 2012 -> 01:31 PM)
But now that it's out there, I'm left wondering what Moore was thinking. Either...he's just really dumb and didn't know how this would be percieved, or he knew exactly how it would be perceived and wanted to make sure Jay got the message.

I think he might just really be dumb and/or just wanted to generate some attention (he seems like that type). I don't think he's a leader in that locker room. If it was Briggs/Urlacher/Peppers/Forte, I would be more inclined to think they were trying to ensure Jay got the message.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Sep 18, 2012 -> 02:39 PM)
I think he might just really be dumb and/or just wanted to generate some attention (he seems like that type). I don't think he's a leader in that locker room. If it was Briggs/Urlacher/Peppers/Forte, I would be more inclined to think they were trying to ensure Jay got the message.

Crossed my mind as well, but also think how much bigger of a story "Urlacher calls out Cutler" would have been.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 18, 2012 -> 10:15 AM)
No, I was talking about the kicker missing the winning field goal.

That is precisely how you lose in survivor pools. Stupid crap like that happening is how good teams lose to bad teams and how you lose in survivor pools. If it was as simple as you make it seem, there would be half the participants still around when the season ends.

Trust me, people have been playing survivor pools since before you were born. s*** happens, and that is how you lose. If it was as easy as mapping your picks out and picking teams that should never lose, than we would all be making a living off of survivor pools.

Mapping out picks is terrible, and never works. You are picking against yourself there.

I take the season and look at it backwards, categorize them with playoff home teams vs bad road teams etc. Then eliminate the picks down to a few per week from that pool I make my pick. I've won a few large pools like this. I categorize them by risk and pick from a subset every week because things like injuries, sitting guys for playoffs etc happen when you didnt plan on it. Alot of people saved the Bears last year then Cutler went out and you were f***ed.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 18, 2012 -> 01:41 PM)
Crossed my mind as well, but also think how much bigger of a story "Urlacher calls out Cutler" would have been.

Possible. But using Moore as their mouthpiece to limit the firestorm requires a level of sophistication and tact that I am uncomfortable attributing to Lach and his boys.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 18, 2012 -> 12:29 PM)
Oh man, I was sweating that Philly game out, but getting that win provided some real great value. I was considering Houston in Week 1, but I had plans for them in the later weeks.

Yup, I took Houston in week one and busted on NE week 2 :(

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Sep 18, 2012 -> 05:44 PM)
Possible. But using Moore as their mouthpiece to limit the firestorm requires a level of sophistication and tact that I am uncomfortable attributing to Lach and his boys.

Apparently Wilbon "reported" today that DJ Moore was speaking on behalf of a group of Bears players.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 18, 2012 -> 07:43 PM)
Apparently Wilbon "reported" today that DJ Moore was speaking on behalf of a group of Bears players.

Wilbon pretty much said that he's guessing some others have an issue with Cutler. He never said "and I know many others have problems with Jay" or anything.