2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flame me if you want but I don't know if we should really treat Cutlers extension as such an automatic no-brainer. Let him play out next year and if he's still throwing as many picks as interceptions then I don't think we should extend him. I'm afraid Chicago has destroyed a decent QB at this point.

Or am I overreacting? You gotta admit, he's had a terrible season from a statistical point of view.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Nov 11, 2012 -> 10:40 PM)
Flame me if you want but I don't know if we should really treat Cutlers extension as such an automatic no-brainer. Let him play out next year and if he's still throwing as many picks as interceptions then I don't think we should extend him. I'm afraid Chicago has destroyed a decent QB at this point.

Or am I overreacting? You gotta admit, he's had a terrible season from a statistical point of view.

His QB Rating before this game was 85. Far from awful.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Nov 11, 2012 -> 10:40 PM)

How about getting him a decent line. Get rid of the TE who can't catch. And teach the OC how to develop a strategy and then figure it out. What exactly are you going to replace him with. He threw the second INT after he was concussed.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 11, 2012 -> 10:46 PM)
Thats mediocre to average. Not franchise worthy.

Take out that Packers game where he threw 2 meaningless interceptions and his rating is around 90. Get him a real line and his numbers probably look a lot better.

I like Jay and I want him to do well, I like that we're always in a game with his rocket arm. But his decision making is pretty poor, he forced a lot of balls, his mechanics have regressed and his pocket awareness has regressed as well.

He's in the bottom 25% compared to the other NFL QB's in completion % and TD/INT ratio, he's not had a good year by any measure.

Why is it such a no brainer to extend this guy for 3-4 years? Thats crazy to me.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Nov 11, 2012 -> 10:48 PM)
I like Jay and I want him to do well, I like that we're always in a game with his rocket arm. But his decision making is pretty poor, he forced a lot of balls, his mechanics have regressed and his pocket awareness has regressed as well.

He's in the bottom 25% compared to the other NFL QB's in completion % and TD/INT ratio, he's not had a good year by any measure.

Why is it such a no brainer to extend this guy for 3-4 years? Thats crazy to me.

Well what exactly are you replacing him with.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 11, 2012 -> 10:47 PM)
Take out that Packers game where he threw 2 meaningless interceptions and his rating is around 90. Get him a real line and his numbers probably look a lot better.

Excuses excuses. Take away the blow out tds and whats his rating. The line sucks, and he has s***ty off coordinators, but after firing so many guys around him maybe its time to question if hes a major part of the problem.

I don't know I'm just thinking out loud.

This is something like his 3rd or 4th concussion now. He's not that young. His stats aren't good. And I'm just really concerned that we've ruined this poor guy. He's had no opportunity to get comfortable in any one system. He's been the most sacked QB in the NFL the past 3 years. As a result he's taken a lot of hits and his mechanics have broken down and he's just not elite enough to overcome all these deficits that Chicago has saddled him with.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 11, 2012 -> 10:52 PM)
Excuses excuses. Take away the blow out tds and whats his rating. The line sucks, and he has s***ty off coordinators, but after firing so many guys around him maybe its time to question if hes a major part of the problem.

More or less the same.

Again, I don't understand why everybody is so pissed off at Jay Cutler in this game when he didn't even play in half of it. Are Texans fans also b****ing about Matt Schaub? Schaub also had an awful game, but hey everyone, let's forget that it was raining all game and that neither team should have been throwing the ball as much as they did.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Nov 11, 2012 -> 10:53 PM)
I don't know I'm just thinking out loud.

This is something like his 3rd or 4th concussion now. He's not that young. His stats aren't good. And I'm just really concerned that we've ruined this poor guy. He's had no opportunity to get comfortable in any one system. He's been the most sacked QB in the NFL the past 3 years. As a result he's taken a lot of hits and his mechanics have broken down and he's just not elite enough to overcome all these deficits that Chicago has saddled him with.

So how is this going to be different with the next qb. Get him a line. We had a chance to get a 1st round OL help. We picked a luxury situational speed rusher. Fix the line.

So how is this going to be different with the next qb. Get him a line. We had a chance to get a 1st round OL help. We picked a luxury situational speed rusher. Fix the line.

We have to rebuild the whole offense, I don't think one Olinemen is going to make any difference. I'm just questioning whether or not its smart to extend Jay for 3-4 years now while he puts up a 1:1 TD/Int ratio and a completion % that is amongst the worst in the league.

say we fire Tice after this year and move on with offensive coordinator #3,546 in Jays career. Do we really expect the offense to take off next year in that case? I'm not that optimistic. This was supposed to be the 'gelling' season. But I'm not seeing it.

Edited by RZZZA