2012-2013 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 02:33 PM)
Then retire he has no problem cashing the checks on the 15th and the 30th goes with the territory.

Oh bologna...this isn't 1965. this is 2012. These guys change teams all the time. They text and call one another. Hang out socially.

They are playing a sport for money. They are not in a war.

It's funny how much more seriously fans have begun taking some aspects of professional sports...much more than the actual players.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 01:58 PM)
wait is this actually a thing? are people actually upset that Urlacher gave Manning credit for a good play?

And last week it was HOW DARE TILLMAN EVEN THINK OF WANTING TO ATTEND THE BIRTH OF HIS CHILD OVER A GAME HE GETS PAID XXXX AMOUNT OF DOLLARS AND HE BETTER BE THERE DA BEARS DITKA IS BEST EVER HE WOULD HAVE MADE THE BABY COME IN JULY STUPID PEANUT

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 01:58 PM)
wait is this actually a thing? are people actually upset that Urlacher gave Manning credit for a good play?

The bar I was at had no problem with it at all.

But I'm sure the phones were ringing like crazy on the radio for the meatheads to vent about losing.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 02:04 PM)
And last week it was HOW DARE TILLMAN EVEN THINK OF WANTING TO ATTEND THE BIRTH OF HIS CHILD OVER A GAME HE GETS PAID XXXX AMOUNT OF DOLLARS AND HE BETTER BE THERE DA BEARS DITKA IS BEST EVER HE WOULD HAVE MADE THE BABY COME IN JULY STUPID PEANUT

I know they were covering it on ESPN a decent amount but were many people really saying stuff like that? I interact with a decent amount of Bears fans and not one of them said they would be upset at Peanut for attending the birth of his child. Granted, I didnt listen to much radio this week so Im sure there were some idiots chiming in but Id hope that the vast majority of the fan base didnt have an issue with it.

*sigh*....6 concussions for Jay Cutler....

why does this injury s*** always have to happen to Chicago teams? I can't even think of a recent season in any major sport that wasn't ruined by injuries any more

Edited by RZZZA

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 03:31 PM)
I know they were covering it on ESPN a decent amount but were many people really saying stuff like that? I interact with a decent amount of Bears fans and not one of them said they would be upset at Peanut for attending the birth of his child. Granted, I didnt listen to much radio this week so Im sure there were some idiots chiming in but Id hope that the vast majority of the fan base didnt have an issue with it.

After Mike Florio of PFT said it, the idiots came out of the woodwork

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 03:40 PM)

why does this injury s*** always have to happen to Chicago teams? I can't even think of a recent season in any major sport that wasn't ruined by injuries any more

The Packers have put about 40 players on IR this year.

If this sort of thing leads to a premature end to the Cutler era, all the people that loved to hate him will suddenly herald him as the missing link to a title run that never was. Think Jim McMahon

To be fair, the Cubs season wasn't ruined by major injuries, so there's that.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 03:57 PM)
and they can have their backup Qb come in and throw 6 touchdowns, I have no idea what they put in their water in Green Bay. We need to steal some of that mojo

A buddy of mine is a big packers fan, and he said he doesn't have the same confidence with Harrell as he did with Flynn

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 01:58 PM)
These are Bears fans we are talking about here. They are upset Ditka isn't the coach.

I enjoyed the caller on the Score today that suggested Cutler was actually benched by Tice at halftime, and the concussion was just a lie because it sounds better than getting benched.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 04:08 PM)
I enjoyed the caller on the Score today that suggested Cutler was actually benched by Tice at halftime, and the concussion was just a lie because it sounds better than getting benched.

If you don't know anything about any of the people involved, it makes sense

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 04:08 PM)
I would be scared if Harrell had to come in.

As a Bills fan, I'm glad he spurned them and ultimately ended up as the Packers backup. They have enough mediocre QBs to deal with, Harrell would have just added another wrinkle to that.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 01:41 PM)
Oh bologna...this isn't 1965. this is 2012. These guys change teams all the time. They text and call one another. Hang out socially.

They are playing a sport for money. They are not in a war.

It's funny how much more seriously fans have begun taking some aspects of professional sports...much more than the actual players.

My comments was about people understanding his attitude with the media..............I have no issue with the guys talking to each other!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 01:20 PM)
I get his point, but there are much better ways of saying it versus saying the people paying your paycheck can "kiss my butt".

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/...danieal-manning

Nothing about that quote came off as being a jerk. Urlacher comes off as one of the nicer guys in the NFL, he just doesn't do media for various reasons.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 04:13 PM)
As a Bills fan, I'm glad he spurned them and ultimately ended up as the Packers backup. They have enough mediocre QBs to deal with, Harrell would have just added another wrinkle to that.

You think the Bills will draft a new QB this year?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 02:04 PM)

Chicago meatheads really are the worst. Those f***ing idiots dressed as the Blues Brothers being shown on national television dropped the perception of the average Chicagoan even further.

Those f***ing GEICO "DA BEARZ" commercials make me want to punch a wall, too.

Yeah - such is mango for Chicago teams.