2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 14, 2012 -> 08:38 AM)
Isnt it zero snaps with first team? zero snaps period seems pretty dumb

I'm not sure. This is what Campbell said:

"I'm standing back and watching," the Bears' backup quarterback said. "You don't get any reps during the week, so you have to get a lot of mental reps. I was trying to do some of the things I learned during the week and apply them."

Then Lovie says he gets more than that:

He's been getting excellent work. If you're the backup, you're normally going against the 'one' defense the entire week, so you're getting good work and we've seen Jason Campbell play good football each week. But it's still not the same as getting all of the reps. Most of the time your starting quarterback will get most of the reps, 95 percent of the reps. If a player can't go, in this case if Jay couldn't go and we're not saying that by any means, but injuries do happen, Jason will be ready to go."

Smith later said Campbell probably got as many as 25 percent of the practice reps as a backup, although Campbell made it sound after Sunday's game as if he hadn't received any.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 14, 2012 -> 12:08 PM)
Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette

#Steelers Ben Roethlisberger has a rare rib injury that could kill him by pressing against his aorta. Too big risk. Has to wait until heals

EEESH!!

@EdBouchette

#Steelers Roethlisberger said today it's so rare that the last time dr. told him it occurred was with rugby player in 1998

@EdBouchette

#Roethlisberger's rib is partially dislocated and of more concern than the shoulder. Don't look for him to play in awhile. #Steelers

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id...ved-report-says

Coach Rex Ryan has stuck with Mark Sanchez as his starting quarterback, despite the New York Jets' team's 3-6 record, saying that Sanchez gives his team the best chance to win. According to a report, there apparently is no argument from his locker room, with more than 12 players believing Tim Tebow is not very good.

Both offensive and defensive players, who remained anonymous, told the New York Daily News that they hadn't noticed improvement in Tebow's quarterback skills since he joined the Jets from the Broncos this past March.

He's terrible," a defensive starter told the Daily News.

Sanchez remains the Jets' starting quarterback as Ryan picks up the pieces from the team's worst stretch of football since 2007, including last weekend's 28-7 loss to Seattle.

Ryan has repeatedly backed Sanchez, including this week when he responded defiantly Monday when asked whether he would bench Sanchez in favor of Tebow, claiming that his job security will not factor into who starts at quarterback.

"If that day ever happens, then it happens," Ryan said. "But with me, I'm never going to waver. I'm not going to make a decision one way or the other in order to save my job. I'm trying to win games."

Jets players told the Daily News that they agree that Sanchez should remain the starter. They take that stance despite the fact that Sanchez has an NFL-worst 52 percent completion percentage and has been intercepted in the red zone four times, also worst in the league.

A Jets official told the newspaper that the options Sanchez has to throw to in the passing game are "garbage," a big factor in the quarterback's poor statistics.

"I've seen better receiving corps in college than we have on our team," another Jets source told the newspaper.

Sanchez, however, struggled in his meeting against the Seahawks and Pete Carroll, his former coach at USC, last Sunday. Sanchez threw a costly interception at the goal line in the first half, then fumbled at the Seattle 32 on a blitz from Richard Sherman, and Seattle's Jason Jones recovered in the fourth quarter. He finished 9-of-22 for 124 yards.

Tebow ran four times for 14 yards, and was 3-of-3 passing for 8 yards. But Tebow was of no help to the offense.

"I don't know how many more losses you can spot somebody before you think you can make the playoffs," Ryan said after the game. "It's about a 2 percent chance at making the playoffs with the record we have and we are going to take that shot."

The Jets finished with just 185 total yards and only 72 in the second half against Seattle, the second time this season the Jets were held under 200 yards of offense.

Not all Jets sources polled by the newspaper criticized Tebow, however.

"He's a winner," one team source told the newspaper. "If he stays on the field long enough, usually good things happen."

That source, however, made it clear that, although he wanted Tebow to get more playing time, Sanchez shouldn't lose his starting job.

The Jets have said they acquired Tebow to run their Wildcat package, which has fizzled and been a nonfactor this season.

When asked whether the Jets could turn their season around if the team changed the offense to a zone-read system, tailoring the attack to Tebow's strengths, the players didn't think it would work.

"We can't win running that s---," one player told the newspaper

Dobbins is sticking with his story that he hit Cutler in the chest, and it was Cutler in fact that ran into him. I guess he has to keep saying that to make sure the NFL doesnt go after him for a little bit more $ for headhunting. Pretty funny claim looking at the replay though

http://blog.49ers.com/2012/11/15/statement...h-jim-harbaugh/

The San Francisco 49ers have released the following statement on head coach Jim Harbaugh:

“Coach Harbaugh is not at the facility today under doctor’s orders. He is having a minor procedure done at Stanford Hospital today for an irregular heartbeat. We anticipate that he will be back at the facility tomorrow, but do not have any further information to share at this time. Assistant head coach and special teams coordinator Brad Seely will be overseeing today’s practice and meetings. When more information regarding coach Harbaugh is available we will pass that along.”

Did anyone hear the crosstalk between Spiegel and Bernstein today when Speigel called him a Cynical Snarky Jag for ripping on people for drawing motivation from the Pagano speech to the Colts? It's on the podcast on the website, good stuff.