2012-2013 NFL Thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 19, 2012 -> 10:53 PM)
I've never been more wrong about a player than I have about Gabe Carimi. Wow. Just horrific. OSU has a much worse college player starting for SF and he was playable. Gabe looked like I would at times.

I feel the same way, which is why I have to believe there is some sort of Bears offensive line curse.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 19, 2012 -> 10:57 PM)
I feel the same way, which is why I have to believe there is some sort of Bears offensive line curse.

Maybe we are in the minority because we watch a s***load of Big Ten football but this guy went up against JJ Watt in practice and several NFL ends like Kerrigan. I've NEVER seen him backpedal while flailing his arms 15 yards like he did tonight. And I've seen Jake Long look like that at times in college. WTF

Flat out ass kicking on every level. They got out-coached too, they were not ready for what the San Fran offense kept throwing at them.

It's just one game, but the big concern IMO is that the Bears have played three good playoff teams, and they are 0-3 against them. They only two other decent wins they have are Detroit and Indy, but that was game 1 & the Colts are a way better team now. It's fun to beat the Jaguars & Titans 100-21, but they aren't gonna be who you face in January.

Everyone is killing the O-line and rightfully so, but the defense is what really needs to get taken to the woodshed. No pressure, no turnovers, no real coverage to speak of. The Niners did whatever they wanted on offense, which put the Bears in a hole early, and didn't allow them to do much other than drop back and get QBs killed. I can't remember the last time I saw the Bears defense, while pretty much healthy, look that bad.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Nov 20, 2012 -> 07:52 AM)
Where are all the Bears fans that told me for months, how the Bears would destroyed the 49ers?

You have a computer, use it and find those posts, if they even exist. I don't remember any Bears fan on here saying the Bears would destroy the 49ers. You are the only one who talks s*** like that.

Might want to find your English teacher before you start trolling.

You can bash my english skills since I'm from a different country but it doesn't change the fact, that Bears fans were talking s*** and now they are hiding.

You have a computer, use it and find those posts, if they even exist. I don't remember any Bears fan on here saying the Bears would destroy the 49ers. You are the only one who talks s*** like that.

Maybe you should read my inbox messages that I have received over the last few months

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Nov 20, 2012 -> 08:04 AM)
Maybe you should read my inbox messages that I have received over the last few months

Well then go after those people in your inbox, don't troll this thread where people are actually trying to have NFL discussions.

And going back over the last month or so of posts in this thread, you were the one hyping the Bears up more than any Bears fan around here.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Nov 20, 2012 -> 08:52 AM)
Where are all the Bears fans that told me for months, how the Bears would destroyed the 49ers?

Probably avoiding people trolling the thread. Be happy your team won and is one of the best in the league. This is a Chicago-centric board, who do you think the majority of people here are going to fans of?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 20, 2012 -> 09:08 AM)
Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs

5.5 sacks by Aldon Smith is most ever vs. #Bears topping 4 by #Packers Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila in 2005 meeting.

And as amazing as he was, he was still 2 sacks shy of breaking the one and only Derrick Thomas' record. Such a monster. Favorite Chief ever. Real shame the way his career and life ended. It was a tough day for Chiefs fans

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 20, 2012 -> 08:08 AM)
Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs

5.5 sacks by Aldon Smith is most ever vs. #Bears topping 4 by #Packers Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila in 2005 meeting.

With two more games vs. Jared Allen and one more with Clay Matthews, the Bears will be a huge player in the NFL sacks title. I still can't believe they shut down J.J. Watt.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 20, 2012 -> 09:06 AM)
With two more games vs. Jared Allen and one more with Clay Matthews, the Bears will be a huge player in the NFL sacks title. I still can't believe they shut down J.J. Watt.

The put a lot of guys on Watt. He was double and triple teamed.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 20, 2012 -> 10:20 AM)
ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo

Bears opponents in their 7 wins currently are a combined 25-44-1. Bears 3 losses are vs teams that are 23-6-1 (Packers, Texans, 49ers)

And now we play the Vikings twice (6-4) and the Packers once (7-3) and Seattle (6-4).

Luckily we have Seattle at home, although they have managed to beat us in Chicago recently.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 20, 2012 -> 09:29 AM)
And now we play the Vikings twice (6-4) and the Packers once (7-3) and Seattle (6-4).

Luckily we have Seattle at home, although they have managed to beat us in Chicago recently.

That Seattle game was the Caleb Hanie pick-6 extravaganza last year. I left Soldier Field in the 3rd quarter of that one. Russel Wilson's home/splits are ridiculous:

Home: 122.0 rating, 11 TD, 0 INT, 5-0 record*

Away: 65.8 rating, 4 TD, 8 INT, 1-4 record

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 20, 2012 -> 09:44 AM)
Any news on Jeffrey?

link

Bears receiver Alshon Jeffery indicated the knee injury that knocked him out of Monday night's game against the 49ers wasn't too serious.

Jeffery wouldn't go into detail about how he suffered the injury but answered, "Yeah,'' when asked if his knee was OK. He walked off the field after the game and didn't seem to be too hobbled.

It was Jeffery's first game back since fracturing his right hand against the Jaguars in Week 5. Jeffery was targeted four times and caught two passes for 15 yards.

"It felt pretty good,'' Jeffery said. "We just got beat by the better team today. It just was their night. They did a lot of things.''