2012-2013 NFL Thread

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 20, 2012 -> 11:38 AM)
I think he will either be a big hit or Steve Spurrier.

It will be a risk for whoever brings him in. College coaches just haven't had success in recent years going to the NFL.

Harbaugh & Schiano have seemed to buck the trend recently. I wonder if it helps that both are hard asses.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would rank the NFL teams via record, yet still preface it with your 49ers pick to win the Super Bowl still looks good.

And many Bears fans also thought they would get spanked by the 49ers, so way to go out on a limb.

Yes i do believe that the 49ers will win the championship. So do many other so- called NFL experts

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 20, 2012 -> 11:40 AM)
Harbaugh & Schiano have seemed to buck the trend recently. I wonder if it helps that both are hard asses.

Probably helps more that both run pro-style offenses. I think had Saban stuck around long enough, he would have turned things around in Miami too, but the college game is all the pride with such little disappointment for a guy as skilled as he is.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 20, 2012 -> 11:45 AM)
Probably helps more that both run pro-style offenses. I think had Saban stuck around long enough, he would have turned things around in Miami too, but the college game is all the pride with such little disappointment for a guy as skilled as he is.

As with any NFL coach, it also helps to have a competent QB, cause without one of those you have no chance.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 20, 2012 -> 11:40 AM)

I forgot about Harbaugh. Schiano i'm still not sold on.

I was thinking more of college coaches that run these high flying college offenses that don't translate to the NFL.

Nick Saban has NFL experience as coordinator.

Edited by GoSox05

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Nov 20, 2012 -> 11:38 AM)
B.S

I've been on this site after each 49ers lost this season and said my team played like horses***. Never mentioned a fake rumor, as far as not being on this site for a week, I'm dealing with a family tragedy.

Yet you are here trolling Bears fans. Come on man. At least be man enough to admit your agenda here. If you are going to troll, wear it, and don't make up excuses about not speaking English and family tragedies. Honestly, most people would have been banned after the fake rumor, you are pretty lucky to be here and still posting.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 20, 2012 -> 01:18 PM)
I forgot about Harbaugh. Schiano i'm still not sold on.

I was thinking more of college coaches that run these high flying college offenses that don't translate to the NFL.

Nick Saban has NFL experience as coordinator.

Many of the concepts Kelly employs have already translated to the NFL...

I'm still waiting on my free White Sox tickets for winning your little competition last year. Liar.

I sent those tickets back in may to the address you gave me. If you had a problem with receiving the tickets, you should have let me know during the season and not in late Nov.

Edited by SOXOBAMA

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Nov 20, 2012 -> 12:24 PM)
I send those tickets back in may to the address you gave me. If you had a problem with receiving the tickets, you should have let me know during the season and not in late Nov.

Oh man, that's such a blatant lie. It's all good, I don't want/need any tickets.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 20, 2012 -> 10:10 PM)
The Chicago-Sun Times reports Alshon Jeffery's Wednesday knee scope will be "minor," and likely sideline him 2-4 weeks.

Well, that was a fun week.

f***. 1st and 2nd round draft picks are finally producing as rookies, and they both get hurt. Now we get even more of "Devin Hester, wide receiver." Great.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 21, 2012 -> 08:23 AM)
f***. 1st and 2nd round draft picks are finally producing as rookies, and they both get hurt. Now we get even more of "Devin Hester, wide receiver." Great.

We should be able to get Earl Bennett more involved...where the hell has he been this year?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 21, 2012 -> 09:03 AM)
We should be able to get Earl Bennett more involved...where the hell has he been this year?

Very disappointed in him this year. but I also think they are still forcefeeding Hester, the guy is on the field far too much at important times

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 21, 2012 -> 09:07 AM)
Very disappointed in him this year. but I also think they are still forcefeeding Hester, the guy is on the field far too much at important times

He sees the field well in front of him and is incredibly fast and shifty. That works with kick and punt returns.

Make him think and try to run routes? You're SOL

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 21, 2012 -> 09:03 AM)

He missed two games with injury in the middle of the year. Looking at his stats, he had been getting the targets, just hadn't been producing. 16 catches on 32 targets for only 178 yards in 6 games, nothing special. (Didn't include the last two, since the Bears had no offense)

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 21, 2012 -> 09:07 AM)

They have it set in their mind that Devin Hester can play like Randall Cobb. After seven seasons, it's time to realize he is a returner and nothing else.

vaughn mcclure@vxmcclure23

Lovie Smith confirmed Alshon Jeffery scope. Smith said expected out 2-4 weeks.

Jay Cutler has been cleared to practice. He has not been cleared to play Sunday.

Cutler still has to be cleared by independent neurologist before returning to game action.