2012-2013 NFL Thread

Another tough loss to take for the Bucs. I know in the NFL every game is close but the 5 losses have been by a combined 23 points. When the Bucs are 8-8 and watching the playoffs, they'll look back to missed opportunities against the Giants,Redskins,Saints and Falcons as the reason why they arent playing anymore.

I'm trying not to expect the world this year, especially after last year, its still tough to take.

Atleast every team the Bucs are battling with(Seattle,Minny,New Orleans) lost today.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (zenryan @ Nov 25, 2012 -> 08:56 PM)
Another tough loss to take for the Bucs. I know in the NFL every game is close but the 5 losses have been by a combined 23 points. When the Bucs are 8-8 and watching the playoffs, they'll look back to missed opportunities against the Giants,Redskins,Saints and Falcons as the reason why they arent playing anymore.

I'm trying not to expect the world this year, especially after last year, its still tough to take.

Atleast every team the Bucs are battling with(Seattle,Minny,New Orleans) lost today.

Yeah, I think the Saints/Queens/Seahawks will miss the playoffs leaving Atlanta/SF/GB/Bears/Giants/Bucs in the playoffs...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 25, 2012 -> 08:59 PM)
Yeah, I think the Saints/Queens/Seahawks will miss the playoffs leaving Atlanta/SF/GB/Bears/Giants/Bucs in the playoffs...

Dont look now but the Seahawks are in because of the replacement refs vs GB.

Seattle has an absolute brutal stretch coming up. Saints are against the wall and have the Falcons on the road this Thursday. TB has a tough stretch coming up but the finale at Atlanta might not be so tough if Atlanta already has the NFC locked up. The Cowboys and Redskins caught some big breaks today too.

I cant see Chicago not getting a spot unless Cutler goes down. So it leaves Seattle,Tampa Bay,Minnesota,New Orleans,Dallas and Washington fighting for the final spot.

Its going to be a wild finish.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Nov 25, 2012 -> 09:05 PM)
Dont look now but the Seahawks are in because of the replacement refs vs GB.

Seattle has an absolute brutal stretch coming up. Saints are against the wall and have the Falcons on the road this Thursday. TB has a tough stretch coming up but the finale at Atlanta might not be so tough if Atlanta already has the NFC locked up. The Cowboys and Redskins caught some big breaks today too.

I cant see Chicago not getting a spot unless Cutler goes down. So it leaves Seattle,Tampa Bay,Minnesota,New Orleans,Dallas and Washington fighting for the final spot.

Its going to be a wild finish.

The Saints and Viqueens have brutal schedules...the Cowboys have the easiest path but them and the Redskins are not consistent enough in my opinion to get in. The Bucs didn't play terribly today...from what I have seen, they are the best teams of those that you mentions, but they are going to have to win some tough divisional games.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 25, 2012 -> 10:58 PM)
I looked at that headline and thought to myself, "now he's getting too much credit".

I agree, it's a bit outrageous. Has a QB ever won the MVP with the 24th best QB rating in the league?

On the other hand, here's another example of blatant anti-Cutler media bias for no real reason.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 25, 2012 -> 05:18 PM)
you're still upset that a guy who clearly lands out-of-bounds is ruled out?

stupid rule man, such a stupid rule

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 25, 2012 -> 01:19 PM)
His knee hit out-of-bounds about 1/50th of a second after his foot hit in bounds, and according to the ruling on the Dez Bryant finger roll, it shouldn't be a TD.

actually, what we are all saying is if your foot hits inbounds first(like Spaeths did), it should be a touchdown. But if your hand hits down out of bounds(like Bryants did), it should be out of bounds.

I know this out of bounds thingy is a newfangled aspect of the game for you and all, but please try and keep up

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 25, 2012 -> 10:58 PM)
I looked at that headline and thought to myself, "now he's getting too much credit".

I don't. I was telling several of my friends yesterday that I really don't think many outside of Chicago put together just how good Cutler is because he doesn't put up big numbers. But when you watch this team play with Cutler versus watching this team play with another quarterback, the difference is glaring. We go from a team that wins by 10-20 points with Cutler to a team that loses and often loses big without him.

Now he'll never win the award because that is going to go to a guy with the gaudy statistics. But it's incredible just how good this guy is right now...making this piece of s*** offense work with this piece of s*** playcalling...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 08:58 AM)
Now that is just f***ing bizarre. As if athletes usually stop and chat in these videos or something.

ESPN loves going after cutler for pout face. Reilly did his cutler face piece just a few weeks ago

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 08:54 AM)
I don't. I was telling several of my friends yesterday that I really don't think many outside of Chicago put together just how good Cutler is because he doesn't put up big numbers. But when you watch this team play with Cutler versus watching this team play with another quarterback, the difference is glaring. We go from a team that wins by 10-20 points with Cutler to a team that loses and often loses big without him.

Now he'll never win the award because that is going to go to a guy with the gaudy statistics. But it's incredible just how good this guy is right now...making this piece of s*** offense work with this piece of s*** playcalling...

You hit exactly how I feel about Cutler. The falloff when he isn't playing is just amazing.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 08:58 AM)
Now that is just f***ing bizarre. As if athletes usually stop and chat in these videos or something.

It's particularly dumb because Cutler clearly turns his head to the right as he's passing by those guys and could easily being saying a quick "hey"

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 11:12 AM)
Trent Dilfer said last night that if you don't judge QBs by stats but judge them by the number of their team's flaws they cover up, Cutler might be the best QB in the league.

Wow, Trent Dilfer said something positive about Cutler? What is this world coming to?

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 11:12 AM)
Trent Dilfer said last night that if you don't judge QBs by stats but judge them by the number of their team's flaws they cover up, Cutler might be the best QB in the league.

Cutler could give Mary Kay a run for her money with the amount of flaws that he covers up on the Bears O-line...

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 09:06 AM)
It's particularly dumb because Cutler clearly turns his head to the right as he's passing by those guys and could easily being saying a quick "hey"

Tom Jackson is an idiot.

"It doesn't mean anything, it's just something."

LOL. Is Cutler as a possible MVP or best QB in the league really being discussed here?

I guess it depends on your definition of "Most Valuable". If it's best player in the league, then no, I don't think anybody is putting Cutler in that discussion, but if your definition of "Most Valuable" is how much worse your team gets without you, then Cutler is probably in that discussion.

Edited by HickoryHuskers

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 12:16 PM)
LOL. Is Cutler as a possible MVP or best QB in the league really being discussed here?

No. We're discussing his value to the Bears relative to other quarterbacks.

You have turned into an outright troll.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 11:16 AM)

No, we're discussing how to amend the rules so that the first 6" of the boundary lines are subjective and left to the officials to decide if it should count or not.