2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 5, 2012 -> 11:32 AM)
@jasonjwilde

The #Packers and @RyanGrant25 have agreed to terms and the running back will sign with his old team this morning, per Grant.

If he gets hurt maybe they can bring back Ahman Green or maybe Jim Taylor.

Edgar Bennett is still available too.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 5, 2012 -> 12:32 PM)
@jasonjwilde

The #Packers and @RyanGrant25 have agreed to terms and the running back will sign with his old team this morning, per Grant.

If he gets hurt maybe they can bring back Ahman Green or maybe Jim Taylor.

This has nothing to do with the current Packers, but I met Jim Taylor once at a charity golf tournament and he was an incredibly nice guy. We joked around a bit about me being a Bears fan among other small talk, and he even let me try on his Super Bowl ring. Really enjoyable guy to be around.

Goodell floats idea for changing "kickoffs"

This was in the news a few months ago when Schiano mentioned it, but it's interesting that it seems the NFL is actually considering it. I actually don't necessarily hate it, but I don't know that I want to see kickoffs go away either

If kickoffs are so inherently injury-prone plays that it's not safe to have them anymore, then just eliminate them and give the other team the ball at the 25, or if you still want to keep the onside kick in play then just have kickoffs in the 4th quarter.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 12:57 PM)
I cant think of a comparable example in another sport, this would change the game entirely. I have no actual stats, but I have to imagine that converting a 4-15 is much more likely than an onside kick.

Completely agree. It would also take away the surprise element that onside kicks can have (i.e Saints-Colts superbowl)