2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 9, 2012 -> 01:24 PM)
Don't worry guys, Urlacher sucks so the MLB play can't get worse

I'm assuming you are being facetious...Roach has played just fine today. The only thing Urlacher would be doing today is watching AP run by him.

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 9, 2012 -> 02:11 PM)
I wouldn't do it. We won't miss them unless the injuries keep piling up anyway.

Defense still keeping them off the board and the O has been a play away for a few drives now. Make it happen boys

Lovie Smith will have 1 year on his contract after this year, so he's also up for an extension. If he doesn't make the playoffs, that's it for him. If he makes the playoff but loses in the WC round, that's an open Q. He's got to earn that extension, otherwise this is the year it's cheap to replace him.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 9, 2012 -> 01:37 PM)
I'm assuming you are being facetious...Roach has played just fine today. The only thing Urlacher would be doing today is watching AP run by him.

He was completely b****ed on their first two possessions. Has gotten better since though.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 9, 2012 -> 02:43 PM)
Lovie Smith will have 1 year on his contract after this year, so he's also up for an extension. If he doesn't make the playoffs, that's it for him. If he makes the playoff but loses in the WC round, that's an open Q. He's got to earn that extension, otherwise this is the year it's cheap to replace him.

I disagree that he has to make the playoffs...can't put last year on him and the year before he had us in the Conf Championship game...even this year we really have no bad losses outside of last week, which isn't a terrible loss.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 9, 2012 -> 08:52 PM)
I disagree that he has to make the playoffs...can't put last year on him and the year before he had us in the Conf Championship game...even this year we really have no bad losses outside of last week, which isn't a terrible loss.

I don't mind Lovie as a coach (shocking I know, coming form me). However, everyone in the Chicago media seems to be sure that he's gone if they miss out on the playoffs this year.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 9, 2012 -> 01:55 PM)
I don't mind Lovie as a coach (shocking I know, coming form me). However, everyone in the Chicago media seems to be sure that he's gone if they miss out on the playoffs this year.

It certainly wouldn't be unreasonable, I just wouldn't do it unless something changes between now and the end of the season.

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 9, 2012 -> 09:13 PM)
That's not true at all. I need an explanation why Allen was in the game there.

Sorry, I meant for the offense in general. I think Jeffery will be good in a few years, but he just doesn't get enough consistent separation.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 9, 2012 -> 02:16 PM)
Sorry, I meant for the offense in general. I think Jeffery will be good in a few years, but he just doesn't get enough consistent separation.

He, Bennett, and Hester are all still better IMO. If Forte is second best, it is even more asinine that he wasn't in.