2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 09:57 PM)
If I'm Lovie, I can't believe my livelihood is going to be changed by this f***ing referee crew

He will make more money on the open market likely. No doubt in my mind he will get a head coaching job this offseason.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 03:58 PM)
He will make more money on the open market likely. No doubt in my mind he will get a head coaching job this offseason.

The Bears will be happy to let that happen since that would save them a lot of money.

But he won't get more money on the open market. He's one of the best-paid coaches in the league.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 03:03 PM)
Be nice if he showed up to play against the Packers

If you don't have those calls go against Jeffery, his numbers would look pretty decent. We just didn't give him a chance. This always happens with the Bears. I can't think of a thing Jay could have done given his supporting crew + playcalling

Edited by Jake

I checked in at half time to post, I'm watching the game with two very biased pro GB spanish anouncers so reading this thread, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thought those PI calls were utter garbage...these refs were atrocious.

I'm not saying the Bears would've won if it weren't for those calls but gaddam it, do these refs ever see that all that pushing and shoving between WRs and CBs happen in every f***ing game? GB's DBs are especially guilty of grabbing the opposing WRs, they play very physical.

Garbage refs...

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 04:08 PM)
I've never seen Troy Aikman side with the Bears on anything, and he was clearly disgusted with the referees.

I was just saying that to my buddies I'm watching the game with. When Aikman is that overly in favor of the Bears getting screwed, you know it's horrible officiating b/c Aikman seems to always hate on the Bears.

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 04:05 PM)
If you don't have those calls go against Jeffery, his numbers would look pretty decent. We just didn't give him a chance. This always happens with the Bears. I can't think of a thing Jay could have done given his supporting crew + playcalling

Jay Cutler has more excuses made for him than anyone else in the NFL.

He's not a bad QB, but an elite QB goes into this game and doesn't leave you making excuses.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 03:17 PM)
Jay Cutler has more excuses made for him than anyone else in the NFL.

He's not a bad QB, but an elite QB goes into this game and doesn't leave you making excuses.

I wonder how many backups we have to play before we realize what a terrible, terrible offense Jerry Angelo has constructed

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 03:02 PM)
Minus the last play, I can't even be mad at Cutler

First, Tice did a terrible playcall with a minute left and you at your own 2. You still had a chance. It either was a terrible playcall or a terrible decision by Cutler just to dump off behind the 1st down marker. At that point, you either throw it away or throw it deeper. At least 20 yards. Next, Cutler screwed up big time. He held the ball, then held it again, then held it some more and took a sack. He didn't even drop back. He literally just got the ball and stood there and didn't even make an attempt at the play.

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 04:18 PM)
I wonder how many backups we have to play before we realize what a terrible, terrible offense Jerry Angelo has constructed

It basically starts from scratch next year....and that can include Emery deciding whether he can win with a QB who has spent several years as average-at-best.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 04:19 PM)
First, Tice did a terrible playcall with a minute left and you at your own 2. You still had a chance. It either was a terrible playcall or a terrible decision by Cutler just to dump off behind the 1st down marker. At that point, you either throw it away or throw it deeper. At least 20 yards. Next, Cutler screwed up big time. He held the ball, then held it again, then held it some more and took a sack. He didn't even drop back. He literally just got the ball and stood there and didn't even make an attempt at the play.

Cutler looked at the WR's then, as far as I could tell, checked down.

Honestly I wasn't mad about that one...it gave them more space where he could have dropped back and tried to throw it deep, even if it chewed up clock.

The Jay Cutler dance routine was far more annoying.

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 03:22 PM)
Cutler-Marshall-Jeffery-(Forte)

Briggs-(Peppers)-Tillman-Jennings-Melton

Those are the guys that need to stay. The guys in parentheses I don't mind seeing go away, especially given salary.

And if we keep those guys, we have a good chance to remain competitive in the next few years

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 04:22 PM)
Cutler-Marshall-Jeffery-(Forte)

Briggs-(Peppers)-Tillman-Jennings-Melton

Those are the guys that need to stay. The guys in parentheses I don't mind seeing go away, especially given salary.

There's no way that Forte is at the point you can save anything by cutting him yet.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 03:23 PM)
There's no way that Forte is at the point you can save anything by cutting him yet.

I realize this, but I'm just saying he is on notice. He has to be able to get in the endzone. He's a big guy, he doesn't get excuses.