2012-2013 NFL Thread

Finnegan is a Perfect Tampa 2 corner. I'd love to have him as Jennings is a FA I believe. Only question is at what price. Typically since the cover2 corners aren't the 1-1 cover guys, it hasn't been a position to invest heavily in, but they do need to get better at CB

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 9, 2012 -> 01:29 PM)
So if Manning goes to Denver, does that mean that he will ride the pine behind Tebow? :D

I'd put the Bills as the prohibitive favorites to trade for him, depending upon the price. Elway has never been overly excited about Tim Tebow and they've mentioned several times that they will not conform their offense to his strengths. Ralph Wilson, at the very least, loved Tebow coming out of college and Chan Gailey has had success in the past working with project and athletic QBs.

He might sit, or he might be a freshman in college all over again. They do need to address the QB situation for the future because, barring something ridiculous like San Fran did this past year, the Bills simply won't get there with Fitzpatrick under center.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 9, 2012 -> 06:40 PM)
I'd put the Bills as the prohibitive favorites to trade for him, depending upon the price. Elway has never been overly excited about Tim Tebow and they've mentioned several times that they will not conform their offense to his strengths. Ralph Wilson, at the very least, loved Tebow coming out of college and Chan Gailey has had success in the past working with project and athletic QBs.

He might sit, or he might be a freshman in college all over again. They do need to address the QB situation for the future because, barring something ridiculous like San Fran did this past year, the Bills simply won't get there with Fitzpatrick under center.

Fitzpatrick isn't a solution at QB but Tebow is?

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Mar 9, 2012 -> 07:45 PM)
Colts cut Dallas Clark, I'd like to see the Bears sign him and forget about re-signing Kellen Davis.

The one thing to think about is what do the Bears do if Clark is only around for 10 games?

On the day the Denver Broncos try to convince Peyton Manning that they are ready to win now, the team is dealing with the news that three players have been suspended by the NFL. ESPN’s Adam Schefter and John Clayton are reporting that the suspended players are linebacker D.J. Williams, defensive lineman Ryan McBean and tight end Virgil Green. Williams and McBean were suspended for six games, while Green was suspended for four games. Williams and McBean were allegedly found to have "non-human" urine in their system, a source told Clayton.
I'm sure no one will look back at that midseason surge and wonder if it was enhanced, will they?

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Mar 9, 2012 -> 06:45 PM)
Colts cut Dallas Clark, I'd like to see the Bears sign him and forget about re-signing Kellen Davis.

Yes please!

In other news, the Redskins have a deal with the Rams for the 2nd pick in the draft. The Rams will get the 6th pick, two future 1sts and additional 2nd, per Jay Glazer and Adam Schefter.

And Mark Sanchez signs an extension in NY. Take two more teams out of the Manning sweepstakes.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 9, 2012 -> 10:38 PM)
Yes please!

In other news, the Redskins have a deal with the Rams for the 2nd pick in the draft. The Rams will get the 6th pick, two future 1sts and additional 2nd, per Jay Glazer and Adam Schefter.

And Mark Sanchez signs an extension in NY. Take two more teams out of the Manning sweepstakes.

Surprised that Shanahan would go with the young QB.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 9, 2012 -> 08:46 PM)
Fitzpatrick isn't a solution at QB but Tebow is?

There is one general thing that Fitz and Tebow share in common, and that is throwing inaccuracy. Tebow's is more pronounced, but neither are terribly accurate. Fitz isn't particularly quick in the pocket either, but much faster than Tebow (relatively speaking of course).

However, Fitzpatrick's biggest weakness is his downfield accuracy and, quite frankly, arm strength. I've seen that Tebow is accurate downfield - as accurate as a guy can get - but he can be more accurate overall with coaching. Tim Tebow has arm strength. Using pure numbers, Tim Tebow's Y/A was 6.4 while Fitzpatrick's was 6.7; Tebow completed 46.5% of his passes, Fitzpatrick completed 62%. That is a significant and substantial difference.

Given, holding those numbers ceteris paribus is impossible because those circumstances and everything involved is so entirely different, and there is virtually nothing that can be done to hold either statistic constant. It's still worth noting that Tebow can make downfield throws and Fitz, apparently, has struggled with it.

So, based on what I've seen, and based on the numbers themselves, Tebow is comfortable and better going downfield than Fitzpatrick is. His mechanics are, quite frankly, still among the worst I've ever seen. He is also far worse at WR progression and short throws and tends to lack confidence in throws, whereas Fitzpatrick's confidence is through the roof and he merely lacks the talent necessary to make the throws that HE wants to make (eg. I immediately see a guy who has his man beat; I want to throw it to him 27 yards down the field, I throw that ball exactly where I want it, it goes at the exact trajectory and velocity it needs to go, it travels 25 yards, and is picked off, and this is simply because I lack the talent to get it to where I need it to go...the Bills lost to the Giants this exact way on Corey Webster's second INT of the game). I don't care how long Tebow has been in the league, read progression, short throws, and confidence are all things that can be taught. You cannot teach arm strength, you cannot teach speed (nor out of pocket mobility), but you can coach mechanics, you can teach WR progression, when and where to hit a guy short, and, if all were done successfully, confidence will be built.

I love Fitz...he's the best QB the Bills have had since Drew Bledsoe. It doesn't make him good. It doesn't make him bad. It makes him..."cool," I guess.

Tebow would sit barring injury or QB inadequacy.

Edited by witesoxfan

I'm glad I'm not a redskins fan. that org is so dumb. Even if RG3 is cam newton (which I have my doubts) he's not worth 3 1st rounders and a 2nd. My god. That's more than bears gave up for cutler and he already had a probowl season under his belt

QUOTE (daa84 @ Mar 10, 2012 -> 08:49 AM)
I'm glad I'm not a redskins fan. that org is so dumb. Even if RG3 is cam newton (which I have my doubts) he's not worth 3 1st rounders and a 2nd. My god. That's more than bears gave up for cutler and he already had a probowl season under his belt

Now that the NFL has taken care of the problem with the salary cap hit in the first 10 picks, this kind of move does make more sense. Cutler was approaching his contract extension time, so he took a bigger slice of that. The Redskins also now seem to have the cap room to fill in around RG3, if they choose to do so.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 9, 2012 -> 07:38 PM)
Yes please!

Impressive haul for the Rams. They are in a really good position now.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 10, 2012 -> 11:29 AM)
Impressive haul for the Rams. They are in a really good position now.

Is their cap situation better this year than it was last year? Genuinely don't know. In a couple years once they've pulled off all these picks then they're set up great.

QUOTE (lord chas @ Mar 10, 2012 -> 01:39 PM)
Another off-season championship for the Redskins. Does this mean Peyton to Arizona and Flynn to Miami now?

Other teams will still be interested, but until some GM decides to press his luck, that appears highly plausible at least.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 9, 2012 -> 09:38 PM)
Yes please!

The Rams just Hershel Walkered the Redskins.