2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 10:32 AM)
If you aren't going to call those on GB's WRs, then don't call it against Chicago, that right there makes them bad calls. The Peppers "late hit" was crap, so was the PI on Conte.

In the end, GB is the better team, they don't need refs helping them out...

No it does not. The OPI calls were correct calls. Not calling them in the other instance was incorrect but does not impact the validity of the others. And yes, the late hit was ridiculous, but that is getting called all around the league this year. The "defenseless receiver" penalty in the CIN-DAL game last week was the worst personal foul call I've ever seen

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 09:54 AM)
I wish the Bears would miss the playoffs, but finishing against the Cardinals and Lions sure improves their odds.

If they win those two games, Minnesota loses @ Houston or vs. GB, and the Giants lose @ Baltimore or vs. Philly, the Bears are in.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 09:54 AM)
I wish the Bears would miss the playoffs, but finishing against the Cardinals and Lions sure improves their odds.

I just wish we would have folded earlier so we can get a nice draft pick. We NEED OL and LB, most importantly an Urlacher replacement.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 09:56 AM)
I just wish we would have folded earlier so we can get a nice draft pick. We NEED OL and LB, most importantly an Urlacher replacement.

If the Bears do not address the OL, I might just look into new self mutilation techniques.

QUOTE (Sox1 @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 10:44 AM)
Cutler is worthless! Urlacher needs to shut his mouth about the fans

If Urlacher doesn't want to be boo, he can take his overrated ass to a team like the Jaguars

I loved the comment "The only team in our division to get booed at home is us".

Um, just last week, the Bears were in Minnesota and the fans kept booing the Vikings offense, even with the team leading the entire game. Shut up Urlacher.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 10:57 AM)
I loved the comment "The only team in our division to get booed at home is us".

Um, just last week, the Bears were in Minnesota and the fans kept booing the Vikings offense, even with the team leading the entire game. Shut up Urlacher.

Urlacher and Bears fans are a perfect fit for each other.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 09:56 AM)

Knowing our luck, we'll pick two spots too late and end up with Chris Williams instead of Ryan Clady again.

The Bears path to the playoffs:

Scenarios that would put Bears in playoffs with a 10-6 record:

*A Vikings loss and a Giants loss.

*A Vikings loss and two Seahawks losses.

*A Giants loss and two Seahawks losses.

*A Vikings loss and neither the Redskins nor Cowboys win out.

*Two Seahawks losses and neither the Redskins nor Cowboys win out.

The Bears path to the playoffs:

Scenarios that would put Bears in playoffs with a 10-6 record:

*A Vikings loss and a Giants loss.

*A Vikings loss and two Seahawks losses.

*A Giants loss and two Seahawks losses.

*A Vikings loss and neither the Redskins nor Cowboys win out.

*Two Seahawks losses and neither the Redskins nor Cowboys win out.

It won't matter, the Bears can't beat any of the playoff teams.

Does anyone really think that the Bears could beat the Falcons, 49ers, Packers, Giants and Redskins?

Edited by Sox1

QUOTE (Sox1 @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 02:26 PM)

Does anyone really think that the Bears can beat the Falcons, 49ers, Packers, Giants and Redskins?

Healthy and coming off of 2 wins to rebuild their confidence? Yes they could. Could they get healthy in 2 weeks and not lose anyone else?

QUOTE (Sox1 @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 01:26 PM)

Does anyone really think that the Bears could beat the Falcons, 49ers, Packers, Giants and Redskins?

The way they've been playing? Probably not. But my gut feeling is that the only two definite losses there would be San Fran or GB.

QUOTE (Sox1 @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 02:33 PM)
The Bears would have to face the 49ers or Packers in the 1st rd. I can't see them beating either team

If the Bears came in as a full team, 3 WR's, healthy D-line, Tillman, Urlacher all there, Cutler not concussed, Bush there for goal lines...the Bears could be capable of stepping up and beating them.

I don't know if they believe in themselves enough to do that...but if they were healthy, it wouldn't be talent keeping them from doing so, IMO.

If the Bears came in as a full team, 3 WR's, healthy D-line, Tillman, Urlacher all there, Cutler not concussed, Bush there for goal lines...the Bears could be capable of stepping up and beating them.

I don't know if they believe in themselves enough to do that...but if they were healthy, it wouldn't be talent keeping them from doing so, IMO.

It would be amazing if the Bears could beat GB in the Wildcard round