2012-2013 NFL Thread

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 03:33 PM)
The OL for the Packers has been banged up this year, but some of those sacks are on Rodgers.

That play were Rodgers darted around in the pocket, rolled to his right and fired a strike downfield was a thing of beauty. I'll take that along with some sacks all day.

You go from Favre to Rodgers, I hate you. :P

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 03:39 PM)
Yeah sometimes he barely gets tackled. Rodgers has a pretty good sense of when to get in the fetal position and just go down.

Cutler is always taking some ugly shots. Probably because the DE is running at him untouched.

Some are line related some are of his own decisions. I do not think he intentionally wants to get pummeled but I think some of his awareness is a little lacking. He tries to make the big play too often instead of pulling it down, holding the ball and getting into the fetal position.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 03:16 PM)
and our biggest issue, the OL wasn't adressed. I f***ing hate being a Bears fan right now but I can't not root for them. I feel like a Cubs fan.

You feel like a Cubs fan?

I cheer for a team that wears royal blue, red, and white, have lost their last 4 championship appearances in embarassing and heart breaking fashion, lost their last playoff game on one of the biggest fluke plays in the history of the game, haven't made the playoffs in 13 years, and every single year the fans say "This is the year!"

I feel like a Cubs fan.

Our players are way too nice when they sack QB's. I saw Peppers yesterday sack Rodgers, wrap him up, take him down and then pat him on the back and exchange some friendly words.

WTF is that s***?

When other teams sack our QB, they go for his head or his legs, there's almost none of this "wrapping up then friendly banter" type ish you see out of our guys.

Just weak sauce. If ever there was a time to find some meanness in you, its in a Bears/Packers game

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 04:18 PM)
Our players are way too nice when they sack QB's. I saw Peppers yesterday sack Rodgers, wrap him up, take him down and then pat him on the back and exchange some friendly words.

WTF is that s***?

When other teams sack our QB, they go for his head or his legs, there's almost none of this "wrapping up then friendly banter" type ish you see out of our guys.

Just weak sauce. If ever there was a time to find some meanness in you, its in a Bears/Packers game

This is because opposing players respect Rodgers, while they do not respect Jay Cutler.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 03:59 PM)
You feel like a Cubs fan?

I cheer for a team that wears royal blue, red, and white, have lost their last 4 championship appearances in embarassing and heart breaking fashion, lost their last playoff game on one of the biggest fluke plays in the history of the game, haven't made the playoffs in 13 years, and every single year the fans say "This is the year!"

I feel like a Cubs fan.

I honestly do not know who you are talking about.

I do not give a s*** if you respect Rodgers, save the friendly banter and respect until after the game. These punks have lost 6 in a row to the Packers including 2 embarrassing games at home where the crowd boos you, and they're on the field slapping hands and chatting with the enemy like a bunch of punks.

Unacceptable.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 04:21 PM)
Based on?

How they carry themselves in football games?

Rodgers is the same as Favre was...he talks to opposing players during the game and after it. Cutler just doesn't seem to give a s*** what anyone thinks of him, even players on his own team.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 03:26 PM)
I disagree, he is the exact talent that could be called a franchise QB, he has had s*** around him most of the time here. What other team would use Devin Hester as their "#1" WR? like we did years ago. The fact that he's the most talented QB we've had in my lifetime just amplifies it.

If Cutler had been playing for the Packers he'd be considered a top 5 QB.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 03:35 PM)
The baggage all centers around his facial expressions, I just dont buy it. He was on the radio today and had a 100% better interview than Urlacher did yet Jay is the one that has baggage. He's gone through how many OC's in his time here and how many OL? This is a guy that plays through pain better than any other QB I've seen while at the same time battling diabetes. The media doesnt sway me to the anti-jay POV at all.

Life of a Bears QB

I've never heard of a DE being nice to a QB before honestly. Not on the field.

These guys entire lives is basically to murder QBs, not to have a tea party with them.

This entire team is missing a lot of meanness, I guess thats another thing to blame Lovie for. Basically the only guy who's willing to lay someone out on our team any more is Lance Briggs

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 04:24 PM)
How they carry themselves in football games?

Rodgers is the same as Favre was...he talks to opposing players during the game and after it. Cutler just doesn't seem to give a s*** what anyone thinks of him, even players on his own team.

LOL, you DO know they have miked him up several games this year right?

To me a guy who gets up repeatedly after getting crushed over and over earns respect on the football field. The players dont care what the media says about his "faces".

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 04:28 PM)
LOL, you DO know they have miked him up several games this year right?

To me a guy who gets up repeatedly after getting crushed over and over earns respect on the football field. The players dont care what the media says about his "faces".

I don't think anyone lacks respect for Cutler's toughness. But other players seem to generally like Rodgers. This is not the case with Cutler.

Not saying it is a good or a bad thing...just my observations.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 04:23 PM)
I do not give a s*** if you respect Rodgers, save the friendly banter and respect until after the game. These punks have lost 6 in a row to the Packers including 2 embarrassing games at home where the crowd boos you, and they're on the field slapping hands and chatting with the enemy like a bunch of punks.

Unacceptable.

Is this real life?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 04:31 PM)
I don't think anyone lacks respect for Cutler's toughness. But other players seem to generally like Rodgers. This is not the case with Cutler.

Not saying it is a good or a bad thing...just my observations.

I dont get that at all, based on what? If you have the NFL network you should watch it, they will show Jay talking and joking around with his own team and other teams including coaching staffs. I think maybe in that case the media may help offset the impression you have gotten from what obviously drives ratings and mouse clicks.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 04:28 PM)
I've never heard of a DE being nice to a QB before honestly. Not on the field.

These guys entire lives is basically to murder QBs, not to have a tea party with them.

This entire team is missing a lot of meanness, I guess thats another thing to blame Lovie for. Basically the only guy who's willing to lay someone out on our team any more is Lance Briggs

This is a load of crap, I remember the 85 Bears, they were not these crazed madmen trying to kill QBs, a few of their hardest hitters were friendly guys who would help the oppossing players up and even chat with them (Dent, Singletary, Fencik, Perry). The only nuts were Hampton and to a certain extent, McMichael.

Players by and large don't "hate" the other team...Urlacher was always friendly to Favre even though he was out there trying to lay him out.

I hope you realize that Derrick Rose doesn't really hate LeBron James and vice versa...

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 04:18 PM)

WTF is that s***?

Meatball Bears fan on line 3.

Next time use all caps for emphasis.

QUOTE (Sox1 @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 05:35 PM)
Cutler is not a top 10 Qb. These are the following QB's I would rather have.

Brady

P Manning

E Manning

Rodgers

Luck

RG3

Wilson

Big Ben

Kaepernick

Ryan

Newton

Not a Bears fan here but I wouldnt put Kaepernick, Cam or Wilson over Cutler as of today. Same maybe with Luck and RG3. Not saying they arent super talented, just would rather wait two or 3 years to see how the young players adjust to the rest of the league before we starting ranking them in the top 10 QBs.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 05:02 PM)
Not a Bears fan here but I wouldnt put Kaepernick, Cam or Wilson over Cutler as of today. Same maybe with Luck and RG3. Not saying they arent super talented, just would rather wait two or 3 years to see how the young players adjust to the rest of the league before we starting ranking them in the top 10 QBs.

JCINAA

QUOTE (Sox1 @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 04:35 PM)
Cutler is not a top 10 Qb. These are the following QB's I would rather have.

Brady

P Manning

E Manning

Rodgers

Luck

RG3

Wilson

Big Ben

Kaepernick

Ryan

Newton

You missed Brees, Schaub, the cat with the Lions whose name escapes me, Dalton and Rivers. Jay is in that group somewhere with Eli. Payton, Brees, Rogers and Brady are in their own league.

Newton, Kapernick, Wilson, RG3 and Luck have not accomplished anything in the NFL to warrant putting them higher than Cutler.

Jay Cutler is comparably to Ben Rothlisberg except the Steelers put him in a system while the Bears are clueless on offense.

Edited by Harry Chappas

These guys aren't the 85 Bears, they need to play with an edge. Derrick Rose isn't chatting with Lebron during a game or helping him up when he falls.

Whats so bad about giving Rodgers a pop? Nothing dirty just a hard hit to the midsection like they give Cutler? Instead they wrap him up and gingerly place him on the ground, then kiss him on the cheek and bring him some warm cocoa.

It's awful

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 04:34 PM)
I dont get that at all, based on what? If you have the NFL network you should watch it, they will show Jay talking and joking around with his own team and other teams including coaching staffs. I think maybe in that case the media may help offset the impression you have gotten from what obviously drives ratings and mouse clicks.

The twitter thing in the playoff game is a decent indication but that could have been overblown by the media.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 05:07 PM)
These guys aren't the 85 Bears, they need to play with an edge. Derrick Rose isn't chatting with Lebron during a game or helping him up when he falls.

Whats so bad about giving Rodgers a pop? Nothing dirty just a hard hit to the midsection like they give Cutler? Instead they wrap him up and gingerly place him on the ground, then kiss him on the cheek and bring him some warm cocoa.

It's awful

You must've missed the shot Peppers got hit with the bogus late hit flag on Rodgers...it was a good clean hit but according to the refs, you can't hit Rodgers hard.