2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 24, 2012 -> 12:39 PM)
I disagree here. RG3 and Wilson had better teams around them when they came in. Luck is literally all that team has, for crying out loud they gave up 500 yards to the Chiefs yesterday. Their Secondary is good enough to make Jay Cutler look like Tom Brayd. Luck's only help is Reggie Wayne, and he's literally carried that team.

Oh, and for MVP, I'll take Peterson. Again, absolutely nothing around him and carrying the entire load for the team.

The Redskins & Colts defenses are essentially equal. One team has given up 371 points, the other team has given up 370 points. The Colts pass D is actually decent, they only give up 235 yards/game, while Washington is in 30th place, giving up 287 per game. The Colts don't have a run D though, while the Redskins run D is good. I do agree that Wilson stepped into a way better situation than the other two, although he has been outstanding.

Luck also has 18 INTs to go with his 21 TDs, while RG3 only has 5 picks with his 20 TDs.

And if you combined all of the Redskins WRs, they still wouldn't be as talented as Reggie Wayne.

But a last place schedule is only 2 of the 16 games.

Each division team plays the 6 within the division. Places the same division within the conference and the same division from the other conference. That's 14 games right there.

Even if Indy wouldve lost those 2 games, they would still be 8-7 which is good enough to be the 6th seed in the AFC right now.

Not just the last place schedule, but playing in the AFC South and getting to play TEN and JAX twice each. They did beat MIN and GB though.

I may be a homer, but I think Rodgers should win MVP again this year.

Played behind a banged up o-line all year. Jennings and Nelson missed most of the year.

He has an 18:3 touchdown to interception ratio on the road this year. 11-4 record.

Although I have no problem with Manning or Brady winning it or Peterson if they make the playoffs.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 26, 2012 -> 10:01 AM)

Played behind a banged up o-line all year. Jennings and Nelson missed most of the year.

He has an 18:3 touchdown to interception ratio on the road this year. 11-4 record.

Although I have no problem with Manning or Brady winning it or Peterson if they make the playoffs.

Yeah, for me it is Peyton.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 26, 2012 -> 09:01 AM)

Vikings making the playoffs should have no bearing on AP winning, absolutely hate that "argument."

I think it's quite clear Peyton will win it.

I concur, Rodgers would get my vote. I don't think Manning should win it, that defense is so strong and they have a decent running game, it's more than just him. Von Miller might be just as valuable as Manning is. They went 8-8 last year with a fullback at QB.

Edited by LittleHurt05

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 26, 2012 -> 10:46 AM)
I concur, Rodgers would get my vote. I don't think Manning should win it, that defense is so strong and they have a decent running game, it's more than just him. Von Miller might be just as valuable as Manning is. They went 8-8 last year with a fullback at QB.

I think DPOY should be really interesting with Miller and Watt. I think Watt should definitely win it (20.5 sacks from a 3-4 DE? Wtf?), but we'll see.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Dec 26, 2012 -> 10:53 AM)
I think DPOY should be really interesting with Miller and Watt. I think Watt should definitely win it (20.5 sacks from a 3-4 DE? Wtf?), but we'll see.

I think PFP has done a story that suggests that both Miller and Watt are basically equally valuable defensively, which is stupid to think about.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Dec 26, 2012 -> 10:53 AM)

And Aldon Smith gets to play Arizona on Sunday, the worst O-Line in the league. With a big day, he can reach Strahan's record too.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 26, 2012 -> 10:58 AM)
@Andy_Fenelon

Between 2004-07, pick following Raiders' selection in first round: Fitzgerald, Rodgers, Whitner, Megatron.

In 2011, the Bills could have selected AJ Green and Andy Dalton. Instead, they chose Marcell Dareus and Aaron Williams.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 26, 2012 -> 10:58 AM)
@Andy_Fenelon

Between 2004-07, pick following Raiders' selection in first round: Fitzgerald, Rodgers, Whitner, Megatron.

Instead they chose Robert Gallery, Fabian Washington, Michael Huff, & Jamarcus Russell. At least Huff is still a Raider.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 26, 2012 -> 09:29 AM)
The thing is if the Raiders would have drafted them, they too would have sucked.

*sigh*

It's sad that you're right. I'm just hoping that with Al Davis finally gone, the franchise slowly starts becoming relevant again. Baby steps.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 26, 2012 -> 11:54 AM)
*sigh*

It's sad that you're right. I'm just hoping that with Al Davis finally gone, the franchise slowly starts becoming relevant again. Baby steps.

So what you are hoping is that the apple fell off the tree, rolled down the hill, into the ocean, and floated away to sane ground

QUOTE (Boogua @ Dec 26, 2012 -> 11:53 AM)

Keep in mind that Houston runs a bit of a different 3-4. Watt only has a one gap assignment, not 2 like most 3-4 DE's. He's used to rush the passer, not eat up blockers like a normal 3-4 DE. The MIKE for Houston has responsibility for 2 gaps, allowing the DE (Watt) to focus on one gap and get penetration however he can. This is not to discredit Watt or anything. He's a stud and would be deserving of the DPOY. Just trying to point out that it's not that ridiculous b/c of the type of 3-4 they run.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 27, 2012 -> 10:55 AM)
Meatball Bears fans will be at your door shortly.

NEVER ROOT FOR THE PACKETS OMG!!!!11111!!!1!

I wonder how many "Bears fans" actually feel that way. And I know there will be some out there but I can't imagine there will be too many, right? Right?